• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

After she get her green card can she apply for family visa while she is outside the US?
Yes, she can start the initial step of filing an I-130 from outside the US. She will eventually need to be in the US or demonstrate her plans/intention of relocating to the US before you get issued with a visa. She will also need to demonstrate she meets the financial requirements (which I don't believe she can do if she is not residing and working in the US) to sponsor you, or has someone else who meets the financial requirements to be a joint-sponsor.

Yes, she can start the initial step of filing an I-130 from outside the US. She will eventually need to be in the US or demonstrate her plans/intention of relocating to the US before you get issued with a visa. She will also need to demonstrate she meets the financial requirements (which I don't believe she can do if she is not residing and working in the US) to sponsor you, or has someone else who meets the financial requirements to be a joint-sponsor.
And of course she either needs a re-entry permit or be residing in the US so as not to lose her own green card.

I don’t think my wife will be be financially able to sponsor me, as she will be a new mom and may not start working as soon as she arrives.
I will look into joint-sponsor

Thanks

@Frankfurt interview location

Is it possible to pay the DV fee with card? The embassy instructions state that all fees can be paid with card, while under the special embassy DV instructions it says that you have to pay in cash. I don't want to bring cash in case it's not necessary..

Hello, I payed my GC fee before travel to US, my trip to make first entry to US is in 3 weeks, does anyone knows how much time is expected to receive the GC once I entered to US?

Thanks

hello it's urgent if someone has contact with an interpreter in the city of frankfurt am main my interview it's tuesday so far i can't get an interpreter i only speak french and russian they ask me to come with an interpreter who speaks English-French or German-French

Hello

We are going to New York for the first time on September 21st to validate the green card.

Then we planned to travel for several months and come back to settle in the US permanently in August 2023.

I had read on many blogs that many people do this - validate the green cards and come back to settle several months later (max 364 days after the first entry).

But a friend of mine put me in doubt... is it possible? Will we have to ask for a re entry visa ? Because if it is the case we will come to settle earlier...

Thanks for your help and sorry if the subject has already been discussed.

Hello

We are going to New York for the first time on September 21st to validate the green card.

Then we planned to travel for several months and come back to settle in the US permanently in August 2023.

I had read on many blogs that many people do this - validate the green cards and come back to settle several months later (max 364 days after the first entry).

But a friend of mine put me in doubt... is it possible? Will we have to ask for a re entry visa ? Because if it is the case we will come to settle earlier...

Thanks for your help and sorry if the subject has already been discussed.
As long as you return to live in the US before a year is up (from when you leave the US, not from when you enter) you will be fine. Bear in mind however that an absence longer than 6 months will reset the 5-year citizenship clock, if that is important to you. But that is a different issue to maintaining your green card.

Hello.

So we did my interview on 12th September ( my wife and I), from the US embassy in Nairobi. I am the principal Applicant.
We had all the documents although our medicals had expired and were told to renew our medicals and update my DS 260 from single to married since I had since gotten married after being selected for the dv lottery. My wife was also sent a form to fill some missing information concerning her details like DOB, siblings, countries shes has been to, employment details which have since all been done and the form emailed back to the embassy as requested.

On Wednesday 14th September 2022, we wrote back telling them that ALL they had requested had been done (3 things to.be exact as indicated on form 221g) and they replied the next day saying our case is still under AP which normally takes 30 days or more.

We however checked and our case shows 'refused'. Should we be worried that our visas have been refused or is it just protocol and there is hope that they'll be issued?

Kindly help as we are worried sick!

Also will we know our fate before September 30th?

Hello.

So we did my interview on 12th September ( my wife and I), from the US embassy in Nairobi. I am the principal Applicant.
We had all the documents although our medicals had expired and were told to renew our medicals and update my DS 260 from single to married since I had since gotten married after being selected for the dv lottery. My wife was also sent a form to fill some missing information concerning her details like DOB, siblings, countries shes has been to, employment details which have since all been done and the form emailed back to the embassy as requested.

On Wednesday 14th September 2022, we wrote back telling them that ALL they had requested had been done (3 things to.be exact as indicated on form 221g) and they replied the next day saying our case is still under AP which normally takes 30 days or more.

We however checked and our case shows 'refused'. Should we be worried that our visas have been refused or is it just protocol and there is hope that they'll be issued?

I have heard Nairobi has been pretty neurotic this year. I've heard that they're putting almost everyone above the about of age of 35 and single in AP and questionnaires similar to 5535 and some instances have gone on for a second interview where they would call up people's working places and ask about whether they've been married or single. I think you are in the same category as they wanna check the genuineness of your marriage and the dates regarding it as your marriage was recent and interviewed at an embassy being suspicious of the genuineness of people's marriage. It also seems like they asked 5535 questions from your wife.

Hello.

AP is technically refused. (It’s a temporary refusal) yes you’ll know by 30 September one way or the other.

Hi to everyone please I would like to clear my doubts on these things on my DS260, am from Ghana so filling my high school certificate I wrote West African Senior School certificate but I found out yesterday I should have written "High school diploma" and also I have Higher National Diploma and degree but someone said HND I should have wrote on my DS "Associate degree" do my question now is does this cause problem for my processing or I need to unlock and label my certificates according to USA standards? Thank you

Hi to everyone please I would like to clear my doubts on these things on my DS260, am from Ghana so filling my high school certificate I wrote West African Senior School certificate but I found out yesterday I should have written "High school diploma" and also I have Higher National Diploma and degree but someone said HND I should have wrote on my DS "Associate degree" do my question now is does this cause problem for my processing or I need to unlock and label my certificates according to USA standards? Thank you
It’s not a problem, you can correct it in interview. (I don’t even know that you actually need to “correct” these tbh, becasue what you have written is accurate, so I definitely wouldn’t bother unlocking. I seem to recall I wrote our local qualifications as were and it wasn’t a problem.)