• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello, I have my interview in September and I have a problem. When I was applying I put one of my two last names as middle name (the second last name). I don’t know what to answer if the CO asked me about this during the interview.
Also I was livin for the last ten month I another country as a student and because of that the country refused to give me a police clearance. How can I do about it. Thanks
1. Answer truthfully - you alone know why you split your name like you did, we do not know why.
2. Which country is this? And are you in that country illegally?

I split because I was thinking that in US the father name(which is my second last name) is considered as middle name.
The country is Rwanda. The government has given me a visa of 10 months

I split because I was thinking that in US the father name(which is my second last name) is considered as middle name.
The country is Rwanda. The government has given me a visa of 10 months
1. So explain yourself (if asked) just like you did here.
2. Do whatever you can to make sure you get that PCC because the Reciprocity Page says it is available, and there is no minimum residency required in order to obtain the certificate. Take a look at the Reciprocity Page Link, and follow the instructions for obtaining it, you will not be issued with a visa without the PCC, as there is no exception for it.

I have a question, a little beyond the normal scope of this forum but there is a red flag here for me, are you planning to bring this adopted child to the US? If so, did you discuss with the CO? I’m assuming if you did discuss with the CO, you understand the process. If you did not discuss with the CO, are you aware what the requirements for being able to petition an adopted child for immigration into the US are?
Yes obviously, we are planning to bring the child with us. We were trying hard to finish the process before our interview so that we could have tried to add the child in our Ds-260. But it's little so slow process here. Now we have finished our interview and about to leave for US but process in half way only. Unfortunately in so much tense and stressful mood at interview we forgot to discuss with CO.

Now chances are fading away that child's visa can be processed on same case number as time is passing. ( I had read at two instances at Brit Simon's blog where people had mentioned that they were allowed to add spouse once they had finished interview and received visa.)

Stil as per website, process looks a bit easier for visa of the child after adoption where IR-4 visa is granted. The process involves sending an email for scheduling visa interview once all the documents are ready. I am just not sure if this process is specifically for US citizen or includes residents too.

Yes obviously, we are planning to bring the child with us. We were trying hard to finish the process before our interview so that we could have tried to add the child in our Ds-260. But it's little so slow process here. Now we have finished our interview and about to leave for US but process in half way only. Unfortunately in so much tense and stressful mood at interview we forgot to discuss with CO.

Now chances are fading away that child's visa can be processed on same case number as time is passing. ( I had read at two instances at Brit Simon's blog where people had mentioned that they were allowed to add spouse once they had finished interview and received visa.)

Stil as per website, process looks a bit easier for visa of the child after adoption where IR-4 visa is granted. The process involves sending an email for scheduling visa interview once all the documents are ready. I am just not sure if this process is specifically for US citizen or includes residents too.

I asked because the rules for adoption and immigration are complex for the US and there have been cases of people adopting children but being unable to bring them in as family members because certain US immigration law conditions are not met. (For example in some cases the child has to be an orphan and have lived with and in the legal custody of the adoptive parent for two years). I highly recommend you have at least a consultation with a US immigration lawyer who specializes in adoption to ensure no unpleasant surprises.

I asked because the rules for adoption and immigration are complex for the US and there have been cases of people adopting children but being unable to bring them in as family members because certain US immigration law conditions are not met. (For example in some cases the child has to be an orphan and have lived with and in the legal custody of the adoptive parent for two years). I highly recommend you have at least a consultation with a US immigration lawyer who specializes in adoption to ensure no unpleasant surprises.
You are absolutely right and we were missing some important links in our homework studies.

Thank you so much for your reply.

as I wrote to you about my case I played married and I said that I had to leave with the children before the war in Ukraine because I am a Cameroonian national but resident in Ukraine here we decided not to leave with the children anymore when I asked you if it's a disqualification you answered name now I have a few questions
1 Do I have to fill out child support affidavit? or just for my wife and me
2 I FINISHED studies in 2020 automation engineer in ukraine but I never had to work in this field I just do the jobs I would like if they ask me what profession I do I can say that I am an engineer? it's the same case for my wife who has a master 2 in banking and finance but never liked to work in this field
3 my sister she is the one who takes care of us she is my consaguine sister my father was polygamous she has a and a doctoral in nursing in the

Ok look, it’s your case and you can choose what to do or not to but as i said before, if I were you I would look at the OC thread and then decide whether you just to want to wait and see if something happens between NVC and Bern before the fiscal year runs out, or whether you want to actively tackle what seems to be a known problem area. A few posts from the OC thread below.
Quick update on my situation, the embassy here tried to get the pcc from nvc but since my case was "refused" the nvc couldn't locate it somehow and the embassy in bern advised me to ask Auckland again. So I've sent them another couple of emails and explained my situation, finally they sent it over here. I got notified today that the visa is ready to pick it up! What a relief! Would i had waited for them to send it over here.. no chance.. so special thanks for this post @SusieQQQ and of course for all other advice and answers!

Quick update on my situation, the embassy here tried to get the pcc from nvc but since my case was "refused" the nvc couldn't locate it somehow and the embassy in bern advised me to ask Auckland again. So I've sent them another couple of emails and explained my situation, finally they sent it over here. I got notified today that the visa is ready to pick it up! What a relief! Would i had waited for them to send it over here.. no chance.. so special thanks for this post @SusieQQQ and of course for all other advice and answers!
Congrats.

hello I would like to know if it is true that it is a fraud if two people marry twice in different countries because indeed I have been married since October 2014 with my wife we have a child and she is pregnant with the second 8 months of pregnancy she arrived in ukraine we did not recognize our marriage and I redid another marriage with my wife 2019 in ukraine I would like to know if it is a fraud because my friend tells me that it is a fraud I am lost there the two acts it is before I win the 2022 lottery and I would like to know if it is not a fraud should I bring the two marriage certificates to the interview and explain them or not knowing that my wife had already had the lottery but we did not arrive at her number

my wife had the 2019 lottery and we filled in the ds 260 that year with our 2014 marriage certificate and since then we have always been playing married so since the morning we have been lost because we thought it would cause no problem to marry the same woman if we have not recognized our marriage certificate in ukraine

hello I would like to know if it is true that it is a fraud if two people marry twice in different countries because indeed I have been married since October 2014 with my wife we have a child and she is pregnant with the second 8 months of pregnancy she arrived in ukraine we did not recognize our marriage and I redid another marriage with my wife 2019 in ukraine I would like to know if it is a fraud because my friend tells me that it is a fraud I am lost there the two acts it is before I win the 2022 lottery and I would like to know if it is not a fraud should I bring the two marriage certificates to the interview and explain them or not knowing that my wife had already had the lottery but we did not arrive at her number
Hi, I don't really understand your question. Here are the facts that I understood from your writing:
You won the DV22 based on the entry you made in October/November of 2020.
You selected yourself as married with a child on that entry.
You must prove that you were legally married according to the rules of your country as noted by the reciprocity page on or before the day that you made the initial DV entry in October/November 2020.
Ignore the friend. On the day of interview, you would need to show the required document in accordance with the reciprocity page showing that you were legally married to your wife on or before October/November 2020. This is pretty much it, you need to show a document proving this fact and if you do so, it's all fine.

However, there is a special catch though: They will have all your DV entries dating at least back to 2013 from you and your wife. The marriage document being dated to 2019 may bring some genuine questions about why you were entering as married before then. Therefore, you must be prepared and bring the certificate dating to 2014 also with you along with being prepared to clearly explain it to the officer given that you are a Cameroonian previous resident of Ukraine and now interviewing at US consulate in Germany (language barriers). I would also recommend you bring other proofs (images, chats, etc) dating back to show that you were married since 2014. Try and over-prepare for this.

Also, your child not being with you as well as this, simply requires you to be prepared with the documents outlined in the reciprocity page to clearly show your status and relations with the people mentioned in your forms. Expect to be asked about all the people and be prepared to show the documents. The one main thing they will care about is that the entry you made on October/November 2020 (I guess three people) was a correct one, i.e. you were married and had the child.

Hello, I rephrase my question. indeed I have been married since 2014 Cameroon and we have a child. In 2018 she joined me in Ukraine we had to sign another marriage certificate in 2019 in Ukraine because the gentleman who was managing our file said he has no direct relationship with Cameroon to recognize our marriage certificate. when filling out my ds 260 I put the wedding date 2014 because the US Embassy already has its information because my wife had won the 2014 lottery unfortunately we had not had the chance to have the second letter . can it be considered a fraud if I have the two marriage certificates knowing that this is before well before the results of the 2022 lottery. and my wife is pregnant with 2 children our date is September 20 at the embassy of the usa in germany

Hello, I rephrase my question. indeed I have been married since 2014 Cameroon and we have a child. In 2018 she joined me in Ukraine we had to sign another marriage certificate in 2019 in Ukraine because the gentleman who was managing our file said he has no direct relationship with Cameroon to recognize our marriage certificate. when filling out my ds 260 I put the wedding date 2014 because the US Embassy already has its information because my wife had won the 2014 lottery unfortunately we had not had the chance to have the second letter . can it be considered a fraud if I have the two marriage certificates knowing that this is before well before the results of the 2022 lottery. and my wife is pregnant with 2 children our date is September 20 at the embassy of the usa in germany
No, as long as you show the documents and provide the reasonable explanations it's fine. The 2014 date that you put in DS260 doesn't seem like a big deal. You could even tell the officer on the interview day before taking the oath and explain this to him/her. They will deal with it as they see fit. They may keep it at 2014 or change it to 2019, whatever they feel is the correct date. An example of a fraud would be if you were not married and entered the lottery as married and afterwards forged a document. But, this is clearly not the case and they would understand.
At the end of the day, you entered the DV22 as married and can prove that you made the correct entry. That's pretty much what they would care about.
Your interview being on 20th September mens that you need to be very well prepared. So, prepare as much as you can to substantiate any claims you could be making and any questions arising from them.

IMO, there’s no need to reference the 2019 marriage in Ukraine if you’ve always used the 2014 date for all of your dealings with the US government. Is the 2014 marriage certificate issued by the authority responsible for issuing marriage certificates in Cameroon? Is the Cameroonian marriage certificate an official certificate? If yes to the above questions (and you of course listed 2014) on your DS260 form, I don’t see any issue marriage wise with your case. There’s no reason to disclose the 2019 date or the circumstances surrounding it if you’re not asked about it.

So you were legally married in Cameroon in 2014? That’s all you need to show. Whether or not Ukraine recognized it is not relevent and you don’t need your second “marriage” certificate which is useless anyway if your first is legal in terms of US law. Make sure you check what you need to show for proof of marriage in cameroon here https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Cameroon.html - this is what the consuiate in Germany will use to evaluate your marriage certificate. Remember you will need English translations if your original certificate is in French.

Hi all
Sorry for asking this

But I have been put in AP since 7th of May
I am the beneficiary and the winner is my wife
They requested ds-5535 form and I filled it and sent it on 7th of may
The last update I received was jul 21

Do I still have a chance of receiving a visa ? I know this is is unpredictable and I have to wait it out
But I have been in AP for more than 100 days

Hi all
Sorry for asking this

But I have been put in AP since 7th of May
I am the beneficiary and the winner is my wife
They requested ds-5535 form and I filled it and sent it on 7th of may
The last update I received was jul 21

Do I still have a chance of receiving a visa ? I know this is is unpredictable and I have to wait it out
But I have been in AP for more than 100 days
I am Lebanese and my interview was in Beirut

Hi folks, hope you're doing well. First of all, thank you so much for your input so far. A special thanks goes to my fellow Frankfurter Butters (Butters, as in South Park Butters? Just wondering :)). I'm not sure what's going on with your case, but I really hope it's sorted out soon and that you'll get your visa shortly. You've been so generous with your advice and assistance to me and, from what I can tell, to others on this forum. I can't think of anything more American than that and I really hope that I'll get to call you 'my fellow American' 5+ years down the road. :)

Anyhow, on to my next question. We had our interview in Frankfurt about a week ago and everything went well. Everyone was extremely kind, nice and accommodating. The CO was very nice and they said that our visa will be approved and explained the process for getting our passports back, etc.

However, one to two days afterwards, the CEAC status changed to 'refused' for the main applicant. I know some folks mentioned that this can happen while the visa is getting issued, but we were also told that the case is with CO 'for review'. Is this AP? I also see a bunch of folks saying their status was set to AP, but I also read that there is technically no AP status in CEAC anymore so I'm a bit confused about this.

Also, I see some folks mentioning that, after the interview, they were given a slip of paper confirming that their visa was approved. However, we never received it. Is that slip of paper part of the usual procedure?

Sorry for the wall of text, I just wanted to check whether anyone had a similar experience and would like to kindly share it with us. Thanks in advance.