• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Case Number 2022AF6XXX Johannesburg Consulate
Thank you very much for your blog; it made the journey much easier; we finally received our visas.
l am one of the people that got the dreaded ds-5535 ; below is my journey
16 Feb – l got the email stating that my ds260 has been processed
24 Feb – Got my 2NL
4 April – Medicals Done
13 April – we had our interview at the Johannesburg consulate; Below are the questions the CO
asked us
-What is the Relationship between you and your sponsor
– Where l did my degree
– What do plan to do when you get to America
Both me and my husband got asked these questions
CO said everything was in order and we had passed the interview
14 April – got the dreaded email requesting for the ds5535
20 April -we sent the ds5535 for both me and my husband because of the long Easter holiday
4 May- decided to send an email to the consulate enquiring about my case to my horror they said
they still want ds5535(they said had sent it in the wrong format);resent the ds5535
16 May- You can imagine the horror again when they said they want my husband’s ds5535 .
20 May- My case changed to Administrative Processing
24 May- Issued
31 May- We got our passports back
Did you take originals of required documents with copies? Were you informed you were approved on the same day?Were the originals returned same day or all documents returned with the passport and in the packet? How did you submit medicals - did the doctor sent them to the Consulate or did you have to take a sealed package?

Few days to two and a half months. My advice would be to apply for SSN in the SSA office as soon as you arrive in the US. It doesn't matter what option you choose in DS-260, the border control officer advised me to do it in person. I've got my SSN in a week.

When you apply for SSN in person, you will get a document that some employers consider as proof that you have an SSN, or use it as a proof of residence, as it shows the address where the SSN will be sent.

As already mentioned, the employment process, renting, leasing, driver's license, and all of those things take time, so it's better to start those processes in parallel, and this SSN application confirmation helps. Later as you get your SSN you will update all parties waiting for it.
What is SSN please?

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well. I only pop in here intermittently as I have a lot on my plate right now, so I didn't get a chance to thank you for your kind input in the past. Always much appreciated. :) Anyhow, I have a quick question - we received an email saying that there are updates available in our account, but when we logged in, there was nothing there (our case is still 'at NVC' and we only have the 1st NL in the system). Could this be 2nd NL? Does it take them a while to update?

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well. I only pop in here intermittently as I have a lot on my plate right now, so I didn't get a chance to thank you for your kind input in the past. Always much appreciated. :) Anyhow, I have a quick question - we received an email saying that there are updates available in our account, but when we logged in, there was nothing there (our case is still 'at NVC' and we only have the 1st NL in the system). Could this be 2nd NL? Does it take them a while to update?
I think you got the 2nl. Frankfurt sent some more today it seems.
Check the website later on.

Would you mind letting us know if they change your embasy post? i.e. Do you get an email from the embassy saying they are overwhelmed. They can't handle your case. But they've scheduled you for embassy X (in Schengen) at a certain time.

P.S. Try and schedule the medical ASAP.

There’s no mistake on any of the documents. The response from KCC is accurate.
Hi Simon,

I am Dv22 winner from Nepal but my current interview location is sydney. I want suggestion on do I transfer it back to nepal or stay at sydney considering nepal recently scheduled around 900 cases. Thanks

I think you got the 2nl. Frankfurt sent some more today it seems.
Check the website later on.

Would you mind letting us know if they change your embasy post? i.e. Do you get an email from the embassy saying they are overwhelmed. They can't handle your case. But they've scheduled you for embassy X (in Schengen) at a certain time.

P.S. Try and schedule the medical ASAP.
Hey, you were right. It was our 2nd NL. :) No, they've actually scheduled us at the embassy in FFM. And we originally even chose our home country embassy as a preferred interview location, as we thought they might be less overwhelmed over there. Oh well. Btw, how did you know that they've sent out some more NLs today?

Hey, you were right. It was our 2nd NL. :) No, they've actually scheduled us at the embassy in FFM. And we originally even chose our home country embassy as a preferred interview location, as we thought they might be less overwhelmed over there. Oh well. Btw, how did you know that they've sent out some more NLs today?
I saw someone in the telegram chat say that they've received 2nl for Frankfurt.

Please let us know if in the coming days you do get an email from embassy changing your post. It could be a tactic. Algiers did that. They took an extra 50 after their first batch, then emailed them and said you interviewe is at Tunisia.

Also, try and get the medical appointment ASAP.
I actually went for my medical at another nearby country (South) today. There was a Ukrainian family and apparently they were for Frankfurt but they were doing the medical in another country since it's super busy in Germany

Thanks again. Yeah, I just checked with the medical office in Frankfurt (via Doctolib) and they were offering slots in October. I take it that you can do your medical exam in any country, as long as it's on the official list of the US embassy?
And should they indeed decide to reschedule to another embassy, would we get a similar alert like we did today or would they email us directly? Btw, do you have your interview scheduled as well? Also, I see a lot of people referring to the Telegram group. I don't have Telegram, but wouldn't mind getting it in case the group has some valuable info. :) How do you get to the group?
Also, how was your medical? I heard it's pretty intrusive. I get it that you need to get naked apparently, but is there a full cavity search involved? I'm a bit skittish, so need to mentally prepare for it.

Thanks again. Yeah, I just checked with the medical office in Frankfurt (via Doctolib) and they were offering slots in October. I take it that you can do your medical exam in any country, as long as it's on the official list of the US embassy?
And should they indeed decide to reschedule to another embassy, would we get a similar alert like we did today or would they email us directly? Btw, do you have your interview scheduled as well? Also, I see a lot of people referring to the Telegram group. I don't have Telegram, but wouldn't mind getting it in case the group has some valuable info. :) How do you get to the group?
Also, how was your medical? I heard it's pretty intrusive. I get it that you need to get naked apparently, but is there a full cavity search involved? I'm a bit skittish, so need to mentally prepare for it.
if you schedule an appointment through the online system (works for either frankfurt or berlin) and activate the waitlist for earlier appointments option, they will then notify you once there is an appointment available, over and over... but you gotta be fast with accepting those. i know that you will FOR SURE get an earlier appointment in frankfurt (internisten im westend), berlin is gonna be tough but you might have a chance if you call them or ask through e-mail (they respond pretty fast!) and they sometimes have next day appointments available.. i am not sure about the other physicians since they have not been on the list for a while and made it back on there just recently and i have no experience with trying to get an appointment there.

Check out the quoted message. It's by another German telling a another German how to figure out the appointment. I think it's useful.

Try finding an appointment by contacting all the clinics (4 in Germany). If it's impossible, then let the consulate know. Ask them if they accept medicals done by the clinic in countries around you (name them some suggestions)

NO. The medical has to be done at a clinic recommended by the embassy. They will not accept other than the 4 they have recommended. The only exception is if they tell you in advance that they accept medicals done by clinic X in another country. I'd assume and hope that the couple mentioned in my previous post were told to do so by the embassy in Frankfurt, otherwise they are in trouble.

If you are about to be reached at anorher embassy/consulate, you wilp be contacted by the Frankfurt embassy/consulate with the details. The letter on the dvprogram.state.gov will not change.

The telegram group was called DV 2022 Global. I don't have the link. However, it's kinda done since the DV22 is over and the crazy speculations are done. It's kinda empty. I don't recommend it now. There's nothing useful left and is gonna waste your time. Focus on the interview.

The medical was pretty smooth. There was just me and the Ukrainian family when I went there. They were clear with their instructions, it was simple and just tskes time. That's all.
I first checked in, filled a form. Gave Urine sample(they said if I was above 25, I wouldn't have needed it). Then an assistant nurse asked me about my vaccinations, have you had kidney/liver/heart ... diseases. Do you take any medications. etc.
Then went to another room and the practitioner told me to take of my clothes( t-shirt and jeans with pants on). She started checking out my body, using stethoscope, knee-jerk stuff and all that. No cavity search. I had heard they'd put cotton sticks in the genitals. Thankfully didn't happen and I had my pants on all the time.
She then took blood sample and gave me two vaccinces (mmr and hepatitis B. I already had dtap, covid and asked me if I had chicken box in childhood). So, got needles like three times. Paid and told me to get X-ray. I walked for thirty minutes to that place. Waited for like 15 minutes for my turn. For the X-ray, I just took my t-shirt off and they told me to take a deep breath and took a picture. Had to wait like an hour. Recieved a text from the radiology saying my reults are done. I found someone in the reception and showed them. After like 5 minutes, they brought me an envelope. Then, done.

I gotta say, I have been a bit worried since I've had sore throat since Saturday. It's gotten like 90% better. It's not covid, just related to my seasonal allergy which got really bad last week due to some mental stress. Hopefully, doesn't affect the lungs.

Anyways, just chillin' until late July for my interview. I hsd for this week but they moved it.

Anyways, try and get the medical appointment. September interviews will be scheduled in a week or two for Frankfurt and as evident already, Frankfurt's medicals are a mess.

Furthermore, try hard to find an appointment for July/August. If there's a September interview reserve it, but do look for any July/August appointments.

1. No, you cannot do the medical exam in any country. It can only be done with one of the Panel Physicians listed under the country embassy/consulate where your interview will be taking place.
2. You need to look for another Panel Physician (possibly outside of Frankfurt) in that case. Your case will not be approved without the medical exam, and an October medical exam means you will not be issued with a visa.

Hi Simon,

I am Dv22 winner from Nepal but my current interview location is sydney. I want suggestion on do I transfer it back to nepal or stay at sydney considering nepal recently scheduled around 900 cases. Thanks
1. I am not Simon.
2. I'm sorry I can't provide any suggestion as to if you should transfer your case from Sydney to Nepal or not. I do not monitor embassy progress.

Hi everyoneScreenshot_20220705-233400.png
I have a problem about to change my address
I don't know exactly which form number am I and i don't know too which form dub type it is. I need help am a winner to lottery visa.
I have to receive my SSN and my green card too
Thank u alot

Hi,
I'm hoping I could get some advice as I'm in a bit of a panic as I still haven't heard back from the KCC since I submitted the DS260.
I'm in Oceania (Australia) with a high case number - 23XX.
In the DS260 all applicants have the status of Completed.
The DS260 was submitted in July 2021.
The CEAC website still show's my case is still with KCC.
I have not yet received an email regarding next steps and I'm unsure if I'm missing a step?
The Visa Bulletin showed Oceania as "Current" just last month (June 2022)
I haven't sent any documents (police check etc) as I understood those instructions come with the email that follows the DS-260 processing.
I can see in the DV 2022 CP Timeline Tracker spreadsheet, there is a column called "Documents Sent Date (Non-KCC Requested)". Sorry I couldn't find what this is about. Could this help / Could this be why I have not heard anything?
I have emailed KCC twice now and all they say is that my DS260 has been received for processing and to read the website for next steps.
Should I be worried that I may have run out of time? I'm assuming the document submission processing and consulate appointment could take several weeks/months?

Thank you !

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread since the beginning, but never posted. First of all I would like to thank you for the helpful tips.

I have an appointment with the Panel Physician in Frankfunrt on July 13th, which I cannot attend. If anyone would like this date contact me and we'll see if we can do something.

Cheers

Hi,
I'm hoping I could get some advice as I'm in a bit of a panic as I still haven't heard back from the KCC since I submitted the DS260.
I'm in Oceania (Australia) with a high case number - 23XX.
In the DS260 all applicants have the status of Completed.
The DS260 was submitted in July 2021.
The CEAC website still show's my case is still with KCC.
I have not yet received an email regarding next steps and I'm unsure if I'm missing a step?
The Visa Bulletin showed Oceania as "Current" just last month (June 2022)
I haven't sent any documents (police check etc) as I understood those instructions come with the email that follows the DS-260 processing.
I can see in the DV 2022 CP Timeline Tracker spreadsheet, there is a column called "Documents Sent Date (Non-KCC Requested)". Sorry I couldn't find what this is about. Could this help / Could this be why I have not heard anything?
I have emailed KCC twice now and all they say is that my DS260 has been received for processing and to read the website for next steps.
Should I be worried that I may have run out of time? I'm assuming the document submission processing and consulate appointment could take several weeks/months?

Thank you !
Have you entered the US already? Then choose the form option that inckudes 551 (i think there’s an O in front but don’t recall)
if you have not entered the US it’s not applicable
Note that if you have entered this will not be processed in time to supersede what they had at Poe for your address

Have you entered the US already? Then choose the form option that inckudes 551 (i think there’s an O in front but don’t recall)
if you have not entered the US it’s not applicable
Note that if you have entered this will not be processed in time to supersede what they had at Poe for your address
Hi - no I'm still in Australia. We're a family of 4 and have been stuck in limbo.
Would it be helpful if I went over now as a vacation? Sounds like it won't help?
Thanks for your reply - it's really appreciated!

Hi everyoneView attachment 3612
I have a problem about to change my address
I don't know exactly which form number am I and i don't know too which form dub type it is. I need help am a winner to lottery visa.
I have to receive my SSN and my green card too
Thank u alot
The Form Number used for an address change on a USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is “IVF” or “OS155A”. /It's in the notes above/. The sub type will be filled automatically. The Receipt Number is on the USCIS Fee confirmation receipt and it's link to the Alien number for each person. It contains combination of letters and numbers, 13 in total.

Hi - no I'm still in Australia. We're a family of 4 and have been stuck in limbo.
Would it be helpful if I went over now as a vacation? Sounds like it won't help?
See if you can transfer to Suva, Fiji

Change of address form AR11, the one you screenshotted, is only for those already resident in the US.
I don’t understand the question about a vacation. Help what?