• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Well, there's been around 26,500 interviews scheduled for 55,000 people by the end of August. I guess 4500 for September based on August interviews and considering that many Schengen embassies, South America, good AS embassies are done, and OC has very few left.

There will be about 31000 interviews for DV22 corresponding to 60,000-65000 people.

That being said, the no-shows alone this year are a lot. For example: Kinshasa-DRC, biggest DV African embassy has at least 50% no-shows and from the show-ups half issuance and the other half getting refused or AP. The no-shows are also high for Warsaw and Frankfurt (biggest two EU embassies) because of Russians not getting a Schengen visa and Ukrainians not able to leave the country.
The no-show alone for AS is at 10%.
The final issuance number is all about them clearing the APs.

I think if assuming there isn't a regional quota applied (or no limitation on reallocating the unused visas within regions), and by using the regional quotas from the DV21 calculated by savdiversityvisa.com for the purpose of counting and an optimistic view of the clearances:
SA will not reach or get close to its quota.
EU wouldn't fill its quota. The remainder could be enough to fill the 500 or so needed for OC's excess.
AS would need 2000. AOS would need 1500 or so. These could come from AF.
AF at a miraculous best would be underfilled by 4000.

Anyways, if they do clear all APs (those done outside the consulate), their system doesn't crash with an obvious issue ( I think they fixed it) the final tally could reach 53,000±2,000 visas.
You may have noticed i’m a little sceptical at some of these sites and never use them.

I have never once - not once - heard of anyone having an interview cancelled because of a regional quota being hit. 7% country limit yes, overall DV visa limit yes, regional quota - nada. I know what the rules say but have yet to see a shred of evidence that it’s a hard limit in practice.

AF is seriously under quota. Accra has issued a handful of visas a month. Assuming roughly a 50% hit rate on selectees that’s already going to be close to 1500 visas under quota right there. Addis and Cairo haven’t been much better vs selectees. I think that AF 4000 underfill is easy.

Hi there! I have a question about police certificates.

I have a police certificate from my home country issued in 2017 (I was 18). I have been living in the UK since I was 16 - and only been back for short holidays accumulating to not more than 12 months since I was 16

Do I need a new police certificate from my home country?

Thanks!

Do they give out 2NLs after July 31st for DV22? If your DS260 isn’t finished processing until August and your embassy has capacity for an interview in September would they send the 2NL?

Hi there! I have a question about police certificates.

I have a police certificate from my home country issued in 2017 (I was 18). I have been living in the UK since I was 16 - and only been back for short holidays accumulating to not more than 12 months since I was 16

Do I need a new police certificate from my home country?

Thanks!
Yes you do if you’ve been back there since the PCC was issued.

Do they give out 2NLs after July 31st for DV22? If your DS260 isn’t finished processing until August and your embassy has capacity for an interview in September would they send the 2NL?
I have heard of such a case in an unusual (highly under capacity due to a redraw that many missed) DV year, namely DV2012, albeit that with the paper predecessor to the DS260. It’s not something I’d bet on with the current structure of KCC and the fact that the covid backlogs and clear recent attempts to catch up likely mean they will have scheduled to the hilt with July 2NLs, but I guess theoretically it could happen if they are still scrambling to meet capacity.

Hello,

I have noticed that in my 1NL, KCC is mentioned as a post at the bottom of the page. However, in my DS-260 interview location is embassy(Almaty(ALA)) in my home country. I emailed to KCC and they confirmed that interview location is the embassy in my country. Is that ok? I have still doubts about it. I am afraid my case would not be scheduled because of that mistake.

Thanks

Hello,

I have noticed that in my 1NL, KCC is mentioned as a post at the bottom of the page. However, in my DS-260 interview location is embassy(Almaty(ALA)) in my home country. I emailed to KCC and they confirmed that interview location is the embassy in my country. Is that ok? I have still doubts about it. I am afraid my case would not be scheduled because of that mistake.

Thanks
There’s no mistake on any of the documents. The response from KCC is accurate.

I have heard of such a case in an unusual (highly under capacity due to a redraw that many missed) DV year, namely DV2012, albeit that with the paper predecessor to the DS260. It’s not something I’d bet on with the current structure of KCC and the fact that the covid backlogs and clear recent attempts to catch up likely mean they will have scheduled to the hilt with July 2NLs, but I guess theoretically it could happen if they are still scrambling to meet capacity.
Hi SusieQQQ,
Is that meant that last 2NL are usually sent till 31st July and there is no 2 NL sending in August?
Thanks in advance!

Hi SusieQQQ,
Is that meant that last 2NL are usually sent till 31st July and there is no 2 NL sending in August?
Thanks in advance!
Usually the 2NLs sent in August are those for October, first month of next FY.

I cannot definitively say there won’t be anything unusual in how 2NLs are sent this year, only that I personally only know of one instance of a September interview being arranged in August, a decade ago.

Hello SusieQQQ hope you doing well
I have few questions again if you share your experience i would be happy.
After 1 week It is going to be 4 month from my interview date but still i have not got consular final decision about my case. My medical exam result valid till mid of August.
As i know consular issue visa to applicant till medical exam expire date. In this situation will i need give medical exam again and send them or consular department should inform me and tell me pass or not?
The ceac status of mine exactly same with applicant who got ultimately refused. (refused below with short description) i have asked consular they again mentioned it is under AP
I have communicated some applicant (40 applicant) from my country all status same except mine
I do not believe it is coincidence .probably there are reasons. Ceac status is exact?
Thanks

Hello SusieQQQ hope you doing well
I have few questions again if you share your experience i would be happy.
After 1 week It is going to be 4 month from my interview date but still i have not got consular final decision about my case. My medical exam result valid till mid of August.
As i know consular issue visa to applicant till medical exam expire date. In this situation will i need give medical exam again and send them or consular department should inform me and tell me pass or not?
The ceac status of mine exactly same with applicant who got ultimately refused. (refused below with short description) i have asked consular they again mentioned it is under AP
I have communicated some applicant (40 applicant) from my country all status same except mine
I do not believe it is coincidence .probably there are reasons. Ceac status is exact?
Thanks
Usually the consulate would contact you and ask if you are ok with an earlier visa expiry date or if you want to redo the medical if the medical has a short time left, or just to redo it if it’s expired, when they are ready to issue.

EDUCATION: I left high school in year 11, have a vocational Diploma which allowed my to go to university (Australian universities accept certain vocational degrees as an alternative to completing year 12) and I am halfway through my Bachelors. Is there any chance at all that my DV visa will be approved?. My interview is on August the 23rd and I'm hoping to have some clarification as to whether i should go through and do the medical exam and interview. If theres only a 5% chance of being approved i will go through with it and attend the interview.

I also have an aunt in the US that has said she will fill out a declaration of financial support form.

If anyone has heard of anyone in a similar situation being approved please let me know as not knowing if i should go through with it is causing me so much anxiety.

Thanks in advance and i wish everyone who has an interview coming up all the best.

EDUCATION: I left high school in year 11, have a vocational Diploma which allowed my to go to university (Australian universities accept certain vocational degrees as an alternative to completing year 12) and I am halfway through my Bachelors. Is there any chance at all that my DV visa will be approved?. My interview is on August the 23rd and I'm hoping to have some clarification as to whether i should go through and do the medical exam and interview. If theres only a 5% chance of being approved i will go through with it and attend the interview.

I also have an aunt in the US that has said she will fill out a declaration of financial support form.

If anyone has heard of anyone in a similar situation being approved please let me know as not knowing if i should go through with it is causing me so much anxiety.

Thanks in advance and i wish everyone who has an interview coming up all the best.
Sydney is usually quite responsive to queries, if I were you I’d ask them if that meets the requirements. I know we’ve had Australian applicants before refused for only having 11 years of high school, and the official DV guidelines say

A United States high school education is sufficient to qualify a student to apply for college admission so a foreign education should also be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education to be equivalent to a United States education….
“At least a high school education or its equivalent” in this context applies only to formal courses of study. Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable. To qualify, an applicant must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or a comparable course of study in another country.”

It sounds to me like you have an equivalency certificate as your 11 years was not enough by itself for university admission, but not being familiar with the Australian system, i don’t know if that’s an accurate reading or if it is an acceptable alternative for DV purposes. I don’t recall an exact parallel from an Australian applicant before to your situation being reported. If you do get a response from the consulate and/or decide to go through with the process, please keep us updated.

My ds was submited on may 29 2021. Got document request and submited them all and got DQ. But still waiting for 2nl
What case number are you? If your above OC2115 I would say you’ll get a 2NL in the next batch if you’re below maybe email KCC and check everything is ok.

Does anyone know updates regarding Sydney consulate? Are they sending any 2nl lately?
From Sydney's work up to now, I'd say they could finish all their remainders for September. Not many are left and they can interview all the remaining selectees allocated to them.
I think you will get the interview for September when they send the next batch. It should be days after the next and last VB (by the end of next week).

What case number are you? If your above OC2115 I would say you’ll get a 2NL in the next batch if you’re below maybe email KCC and check everything is ok.
I am As95xx. Have asked kcc they have same reoly that documents are processed and ready for scheduling