• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

In your face - Consular Officer!!
Overall they were very friendly. Maybe he was surprised because we found the information about it. The instructions for London embassy on travel.state website didn't mention the financial support and the form I-134 for DV winners, only the form I-864 for family based immigration visas. But, as I mentioned earlier, I found one more checklist and I'm following your guidance as well. I'll share my interview experience here and on your blog, once I see status "Issued" on CEAC website. The links to the two checklists for London embassy: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html.
https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/06/iv_and_k_interview_checklist2017.pdf

Last edited:
Overall they were very friendly. Maybe he was surprised because we found the information about it. The instructions for London embassy on travel.state website didn't mention the financial support and the form I-134 for DV winners, only the form I-864 for family based immigration visas. But, as I mentioned earlier, I found one more checklist and I'm following your guidance as well. I'll share my interview experience here and on your blog, once I see status "Issued" on CEAC website. The links to the two checklists for London embassy: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LND-London.html.
https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/06/iv_and_k_interview_checklist2017.pdf
When was your interview?
I'm also waiting for my ceac status to change to issued. It's been 3+ weeks since my interview in London.

When was your interview?
I'm also waiting for my ceac status to change to issued. It's been 3+ weeks since my interview in London.
If memory serves me right, your CN was not current as at the time of your interview though, right? So that explains the long wait you're currently experiencing. Your case cannot be approved before the first day of the month in which your CN becomes current.

If memory serves me right, your CN was not current as at the time of your interview though, right? So that explains the long wait you're currently experiencing. Your case cannot be approved before the first day of the month in which your CN becomes current.
Thought so. So if doesn't come next week I'll contact them.

Thought so. So if doesn't come next week I'll contact them.
Don’t be surprised if it takes longer than that. They may not necessarily jump on approving/issuing your visa(s) as soon as your CN becomes current, focus may be on cases currently interviewing/recently scheduled cases.

Well this is interesting - and thanks Sm1smom for alerting me to this statement.

I have no idea what you are talking about and have never suggested to ANYONE (let alone you) that they should pay me money or that I can get them an interview quick. So - please show us all that conversation.

Assuming you aren't just trying to make a silly accusation and actually had some conversation like this with someone, I would like to know who gave you the impression they were me.

So - please go ahead and post whatever you have showing that conversation.
This is what I was saying I doubted that this may not him that’s why I asked

Attachments

• F3151DE8-E4CD-40D6-87EC-6FEC95AEF68A.jpeg
    F3151DE8-E4CD-40D6-87EC-6FEC95AEF68A.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 6878FA4D-651D-4836-9291-207E822A6BFC.jpeg
    6878FA4D-651D-4836-9291-207E822A6BFC.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 75
Hi Everybody I just want to know the financial proof and affidavit is mandatory I saw some people in this forum mentioned the visa officer did not request the financial proof but some are saying visa refused due to financial proof can anyone explain under which circumstance financial proof is required what are the major factor for example country of the embassy, applicant education,age-dependent?

Actually I’m fan of him I even asked many questions from him via mail and comment also he’s a great gentlemen I appreciate him every time but I do not know what’s goin on

The number seems not found in WhatsApp now I was shocked for sure it’s fake and spam because they are using Brit Sir’s name he must consider regarding that because they say if they pay them they can put our name in shortlists

That's really disturbing :/ I'm sure there will be more and more scammers, approaching people with fake lawsuits and etc.

How do we fill in I-134 if we aren't a sponsor though, as the sole applicant? The entire form is structured around a sponsor filling it in.

Generally speaking, how do we satisfy the perception of public charg e requirement? Is a b a nk statement enough?

What are other people's experiences?

This is super frustrating as none of the embassy or US GOV DV pages explicitly stated this as a requirement.

@Britsimon I tried accessing your blog the other day to find posts relating to this financial requirement but got page not found errors, if you have any links I'd be grateful. Just anxious to submit this ASAP.

Actually I’m fan of him I even asked many questions from him via mail and comment also he’s a great gentlemen I appreciate him every time but I do not know what’s goin on
You're making it worse. Brit doesn't communicate by email with others either.
It's a scam by some imbecile trying to impersonate BritSimon and scam people.

There's also loads of these under popular youtube music videos. Usually someone with the same name andbavatar of the musician and they wanna give money to their fan. It's a scam.

There's also many more in the US, someone from Microsoft or Irs or whatever calling you. It's a scam.

For your own safety, be more vigilant of these things.

Hi Everybody I just want to know the financial proof and affidavit is mandatory I saw some people in this forum mentioned the visa officer did not request the financial proof but some are saying visa refused due to financial proof can anyone explain under which circumstance financial proof is required what are the major factor for example country of the embassy, applicant education,age-dependent?
If you take a look at some of the posts directly above yours or the previous page, you’ll see the recent discussion around financial proof and overcoming public charge perception by the CO.

m sorry I don’t have the time to start describing describing what major factors could influence the request for financial proof.

Bottom line is if you want to ensure you’re adequately prepared for your interview, plan on attending it with proof of financial strength to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge.

p.s. one of the previous posts I suggested you look at has a link which describes public charge in details and how to overcome that.