• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hey guys! I have some questions regarding the interview priority order:

1. When a number is current, KCC sends the 2NL based on availability in the embassies, right?

2. We are currently in 7300 in the VB for EU for December. Now I know things are not working great right now because of the backlog, but I'm just wondering how it works - are cases 0-7300 equally current? Do they get the interviews based on their CN or their DQ date? Does it mean that it's possible for a higher CN with an early DQ to get an interview before a lower CN with a later DQ, if they are both current?

Thank you!

Hey everyone i am in a somewhat weird situation:

I had forgotten about my DV entry, and wanted to go on a vacation in the US, i submitted a DS-160 back in March of 2021, but the earliest available appointment was March of 2022 so i booked that.

Fast forward to October, i was randomly reminded that i had entered the DV2022 lottery, checked my status and saw that i was selected for further processing. I filled in my DS-260 and sent it on October 11 (CN 2022AS3xxx).

I am not sure which will come first, the tourist visa interview or the dv interview, and am sure the outcome of either one would effect the other.

If the tourist visa interview is first, they would see the DS-260 and think i have an immigrant intent and may reject me. That rejection would then have me unlock the DS-260 and add that i was rejected. On the other hand if the DV interview comes first and i get rejected that would also most probably effect my tourist visa.

I am incredibly confused of how to navigate this situation, should i cancel my tourist visa knowing that i would have to wait around year after the DV interview to get another interview for going as a tourist or should i just leave it?

Thank you for reading.

Hey guys! I have some questions regarding the interview priority order:

1. When a number is current, KCC sends the 2NL based on availability in the embassies, right?

2. We are currently in 7300 in the VB for EU for December. Now I know things are not working great right now because of the backlog, but I'm just wondering how it works - are cases 0-7300 equally current? Do they get the interviews based on their CN or their DQ date? Does it mean that it's possible for a higher CN with an early DQ to get an interview before a lower CN with a later DQ, if they are both current?

Thank you!
KCC does not send 2nl, DOS does.

Hey everyone i am in a somewhat weird situation:

I had forgotten about my DV entry, and wanted to go on a vacation in the US, i submitted a DS-160 back in March of 2021, but the earliest available appointment was March of 2022 so i booked that.

Fast forward to October, i was randomly reminded that i had entered the DV2022 lottery, checked my status and saw that i was selected for further processing. I filled in my DS-260 and sent it on October 11 (CN 2022AS3xxx).

I am not sure which will come first, the tourist visa interview or the dv interview, and am sure the outcome of either one would effect the other.

If the tourist visa interview is first, they would see the DS-260 and think i have an immigrant intent and may reject me. That rejection would then have me unlock the DS-260 and add that i was rejected. On the other hand if the DV interview comes first and i get rejected that would also most probably effect my tourist visa.

I am incredibly confused of how to navigate this situation, should i cancel my tourist visa knowing that i would have to wait around year after the DV interview to get another interview for going as a tourist or should i just leave it?

Thank you for reading.
Honestly - I’d just leave it and go with whatever comes first. you’ve already paid the B visa fee. If your tourist visa does come first and if it is denied for immigrant intent (may or may not be) you also don’t *have* to unlock the DS, you can just update it at your interview.

Honestly - I’d just leave it and go with whatever comes first. you’ve already paid the B visa fee. If your tourist visa does come first and if it is denied for immigrant intent (may or may not be) you also don’t *have* to unlock the DS, you can just update it at your interview.
Thank you for the reply, by update it at my interview you mean communicate it to the officer conducting the interview?

KCC is part of DOS and yes they do send the 2NL.
Thank you Susie!
What about the order of processing of interviews?

If your tourist visa does come first and if it is denied for immigrant intent (may or may not be) you also don’t *have* to unlock the DS,
Does that mean that DV winners who end up without GC won't be able to get tourist visas? They had the intention to immigrate which leads to rejection of tourist visa afterward?

I was unable to find the answer on that topic. The scenario of just applying for the DV lottery is covered, and it doesn't affect your tourist visa application. I think I read somewhere that just winners are in the system, and they don't care about rest.

Does that mean that DV winners who end up without GC won't be able to get tourist visas? They had the intention to immigrate which leads to rejection of tourist visa afterward?

I was unable to find the answer on that topic. The scenario of just applying for the DV lottery is covered, and it doesn't affect your tourist visa application. I think I read somewhere that just winners are in the system, and they don't care about rest.
Technically speaking? Yes, a DV selectee who has submitted the DS260 form has demonstrated an immigrant intent and may subsequently have a hard time getting a NIV later on (in the event they're not able to successfully process their DV selection). However if such an applicant is able to demonstrate a strong tie to their home country and convince the CO their immigrant intent no longer exists, they may be able to get a NIV in the future.

The answer is “maybe”. Whether or not you can get a tourist visa depends on the ties you can show to your home country. Some people will still be able to show strong ties regardless of having applied for an immigrant visa in the past. Others can’t.

Reactions: Atg
The answer is “maybe”. Whether or not you can get a tourist visa depends on the ties you can show to your home country. Some people will still be able to show strong ties regardless of having applied for an immigrant visa in the past. Others can’t.
Yeah i'm a software developer who works remotely with an international company so that's not gonna work in my favor regarding proving ties hahahaha

Yeah i'm a software developer who works remotely with an international company so that's not gonna work in my favor regarding proving ties hahahaha
Well, that would be the case regardless of whether you have submitted a DS260.

Hi Susie my kids were not with me and couldn't reach them wen I played dv2022 but fortunately I won and didn't add them ok DS260 will it affect me if I add them on dv 2023 incase I'm selected?

Hi Susie my kids were not with me and couldn't reach them wen I played dv2022 but fortunately I won and didn't add them ok DS260 will it affect me if I add them on dv 2023 incase I'm selected?
So you continued with the lie on your DS260 form by claiming you have no children?