• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everyone,
I am qualifying by both education and work experience which I stated in my DS 260 form. I haven't receive email from KCCDV requesting documents yet but I am wondering if I will need any confirmation letter or anything else from my current employer confirming my job experience. I haven't found anything about this on travel.state.gov website. Also I have my birth certificate and education documents translated to English by professional translator. Do I still need a confirmation from the translator that she is not related to me or having the translation with all her details including which professional translation bodies she is member of and her membership numbers and signature with her saying "I certify this to be a true and accurate translation of the original document seen by me." will do the job?

Assuming KCC is satisfied with your sent documents, you’ll get scheduled for an interview after your CN becomes current, that is after your CN falls below the numbers listed on the VB.
Hi Thanks for this. I am kind of new to this and I am hoping that I get to progress to the next stage i.e. Interview as its past the 6 weeks with still no response from KCC. How do I know if my case number becomes current or if it falls below the numbers listed on the VB? October VB read 190 for Oceania and since my country falls under Oceania that mean my case number has to be below that 190??

Say supposed i am not selected for further processing i.e. interview will I also be informed via email from KCC on this as well?

How long if I may ask if it safe to wait till KCC confirms an interview?

Thank you and appreciate the swift response.

Hello everyone,
I am qualifying by both education and work experience which I stated in my DS 260 form. I haven't receive email from KCCDV requesting documents yet but I am wondering if I will need any confirmation letter or anything else from my current employer confirming my job experience. I haven't found anything about this on travel.state.gov website. Also I have my birth certificate and education documents translated to English by professional translator. Do I still need a confirmation from the translator that she is not related to me or having the translation with all her details including which professional translation bodies she is member of and her membership numbers and signature with her saying "I certify this to be a true and accurate translation of the original document seen by me." will do the job?
You need to be qualified in one or the other, if you have a high school diploma, your work certificate doesn't matter.
Work experience only is considered for DV eligibility if you don't have high school level education

Hello
I think I will rephrase my concern more clearly.
I found the affidavit of support for fiscal year 2021 expired.
so i need to have for fiscal year 2022.
where can I find it to download and send it to my sponsor for that they can fill it out ?!
thank you
You just use whatever is the latest one available on the official uscis website regardless what it says the expiry date is.

@SusieQQQ according to the past years, what do you think about ds260 the way they are processed?

we are starting to worry because in these pandemic conditions even we who are current and have a small number risk a lot.
And the problem is at ds260 late submitting! so this can cost us a lot!.
we have seen small numbers in dv2021 who did not get the visa due to the delayed ds260 processing!

they seem to take 2 months only to open 10 days of may at ds260!

Thank you!

Hi Thanks for this. I am kind of new to this and I am hoping that I get to progress to the next stage i.e. Interview as its past the 6 weeks with still no response from KCC. How do I know if my case number becomes current or if it falls below the numbers listed on the VB? October VB read 190 for Oceania and since my country falls under Oceania that mean my case number has to be below that 190??

Say supposed i am not selected for further processing i.e. interview will I also be informed via email from KCC on this as well?

How long if I may ask if it safe to wait till KCC confirms an interview?

Thank you and appreciate the swift response.
I think you need to spend a bit more time in the forum going through this entire thread and the DV2022 OC Selectees thread from page 1 to keep yourself abreast and better informed of what is going on and what the process entails. Popping in now and then to just ask your questions and read the answers to your specific questions isn’t going to do you much good since you’re new to the process like you’ve stated.

Hello

I am the owner of DV2022 with number 2022EU1xxx. I wanted to ask a question. Is there a problem if I send the documents to KCC before she requests them by email?

@SusieQQQ according to the past years, what do you think about ds260 the way they are processed?

we are starting to worry because in these pandemic conditions even we who are current and have a small number risk a lot.
And the problem is at ds260 late submitting! so this can cost us a lot!.
we have seen small numbers in dv2021 who did not get the visa due to the delayed ds260 processing!

they seem to take 2 months only to open 10 days of may at ds260!

Thank you!
There’s not really anything valid to compare to. They pretty much only started requiring documents the same fiscal year the pandemic and the bans hit as I recall, and when they started they seemed to be overwhelmed by the new system, so who knows what a normal year looks like.

Hello

I am the owner of DV2022 with number 2022EU1xxx. I wanted to ask a question. Is there a problem if I send the documents to KCC before she requests them by email?
There's no harm in sending the documents prior to KCC request to do so.

Would it be advisable NOT to travel to the US, or potentially another country, between now and my interview?

I know I would have to reopen my DS260 and update the travel history, would this put me at a disadvantage in terms of processing?

There’s not really anything valid to compare to. They pretty much only started requiring documents the same fiscal year the pandemic and the bans hit as I recall, and when they started they seemed to be overwhelmed by the new system, so who knows what a normal year looks like.

I understand,

well the best thing what they can do now for everyone is to go back to the old system and not ask for documents until the situation normalizes, or add more staff, things are getting very frustrating.

Hope they find a solution, and help us all!

I understand,

well the best thing what they can do now for everyone is to go back to the old system and not ask for documents until the situation normalizes, or add more staff, things are getting very frustrating.

Hope they find a solution, and help us all!
The problem with the old system was that everyone who submitted a DS260 would get an interview slot when their case number was current, and a whole bunch of them (apparently sometimes up to half those scheduled) would just be no shows which wastes embassy time and wastes slots for people who could be interviewed. The document submission process is one way to at least know that selectees are interested enough in pursuing their selection (by taking the trouble to collect and submit documents) to schedule an interview for them. Given what is happening with low capacity at the embassies at present it is even more important not to waste slots on people who are not interested in DV anymore, in my opinion.

Hey everyone, last Friday 8 oct I received the "further docs required" email. I had submitted scans of my 2 passports (the one I used to enter the lottery and my current one) without an explanation for the change, although it is clear that I changed it because the old one expired. So I submitted all documents again on the say day I got the email with the explanation attached as a PDF file. Which means that they had gotten to my documents.

My question is when should I expect the DQ email now? Anyone got the "further docs required" email and then DQ? How long between the 2? (CN current in November)

Hey everyone, last Friday 8 oct I received the "further docs required" email. I had submitted scans of my 2 passports (the one I used to enter the lottery and my current one) without an explanation for the change, although it is clear that I changed it because the old one expired. So I submitted all documents again on the say day I got the email with the explanation attached as a PDF file. Which means that they had gotten to my documents.

My question is when should I expect the DQ email now? Anyone got the "further docs required" email and then DQ? How long between the 2? (CN current in November)
I am current for November as well. I received the document request email on Aug 20, 2021 and got DQ’d on Sep 21, 2021.