• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello there hope you all doing good! My question is that once we submitted our documents to KCC before being ask late on if we get mail from kcc for documents request what should we do ??

thank you

Hey guys,i have a question please
I'm already DQed, and i sent an unlock request, will unlocking the ds260 affect my case in any way?,will i still be DQed?, i only need to include some social medias.

Same Here is it mean every winner won’t get green card even how hard they tried everything ??
This is always the case. They always draw more selectees than green cards available. Some years they don’t draw enough of an excess and everyone who wants one (and qualifies) gets one, but in others people lose out. They warn all along that there are more selectees than available green cards.

FAQ 28 in the DV22 instructions:
28. How many individuals will be selected for DV-2022?
For DV-2022, 55,000 Diversity Visas are available. Because it is likely that some of the first 55,000 persons who are selected will not qualify for visas or not pursue their cases to visa issuance, more than 55,000 entries will be selected to try to ensure that all of the available DVs are issued. However, this also means there may not be a sufficient number of visas for all those selected…… Being randomly chosen as a selectee does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Selection merely means that you are eligible to apply for a Diversity Visa.

Last edited:
Hey guys,i have a question please
I'm already DQed, and i sent an unlock request, will unlocking the ds260 affect my case in any way?,will i still be DQed?, i only need to include some social medias.
Hi Orpheus,

If you reopen your DS you will no longer be DQ and you will have to be DQed again. I am sure about this as it was mentioned by KCC in the lawsuits filing in DV21 but hopefully some moderators will reconfirm.
I wish you had not reopened your DS just to add social media as you could have updated it at the embassy.

I am worried too.
Either nobody is saying that they have been requested docs, or KCC is going very slow.
Even worse, no real way to gauge, until 2022

As far as i see on the blog, only people that did submit in early May, have been processed, so far. We are in October already. 5 months later and basically nothing

I don't know if this reflects or compare to previous years. I ask the "veterans" for guidabce and info, on this

This is worse than other years because KCC have been spending their resources on DV2021. They would normally have fully switched to DV2022 at the end of July, but in fact kept working DV2021 until late September, so we are behind in processing.

This is worse than other years because KCC have been spending their resources on DV2021. They would normally have fully switched to DV2022 at the end of July, but in fact kept working DV2021 until late September, so we are behind in processing.
Hello Brit Sir!! Hope you doing good!!!
My question is that mean this will effect for Dv2022 winners like dv 2021 winner went through actually I’m really worried even In our country also not in a good situation day by day living expenses of this country is getting higher only the rich people go abroad or they will find a way but those poor will only be in very big financial down ☹️

This is always the case. They always draw more selectees than green cards available. Some years they don’t draw enough of an excess and everyone who wants one (and qualifies) gets one, but in others people lose out. They warn all along that there are more selectees than available green cards.

FAQ 28 in the DV22 instructions:
28. How many individuals will be selected for DV-2022?
For DV-2022, 55,000 Diversity Visas are available. Because it is likely that some of the first 55,000 persons who are selected will not qualify for visas or not pursue their cases to visa issuance, more than 55,000 entries will be selected to try to ensure that all of the available DVs are issued. However, this also means there may not be a sufficient number of visas for all those selected…… Being randomly chosen as a selectee does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Selection merely means that you are eligible to apply for a Diversity Visa.
Hello!! Yep you’re right but my question is what about they say higher case number it means only higher case number winners will get visas or? What is the system of their issues visa ? Which case number winner will get ? According to what they will select 55000 in all the selectees its very unfair!! No one knows what to do to be in that 55000!!☹️ I think no one knows about that ,I’m very confused with they are saying those who winners should be quick with proceeds because those who send earlier will be get a chance soon like that but actually no one knows either they doing according to case number or what ☹️ it seems like kcc not moving with dv2022 yet ☹️☹️☹️

Last edited:
Hello
Yesterday Britsimon live on youtube one women applicant (DV2021) asked her CN was around Eu4000 but did not scheduled interview.
Personally i know some people who CN was around EU6000 they got interview end of September eand also approved visa. I understand some embassies slower than others but what other reasons can cause it who DQ and CN lower than other but has not asked to interview?
Thanks

Dear All, I received email from KCC to send document, but i m having problem getting my police clearance certificate as i was living in Spain for almost 4 years and now I m living in UAE, I tried online but no chance. any idea if I sent document without Spain police certificate.
Hello, I lived in spain as well for 4 years and I obtained the police certificate making the request by mail. The procedure is like this: you have to pay the tax(around 4 euros) -keep the receipt and print it; fill a form that you can find online and also type and authorisation for them to process your police c and to send it back to you. Also you have to put the receipt, form and authorisation in a paid envelope to return back to you and send it to their address. in my case it took 2 weeks to obtain it. If you need the instructions please give me your email address and I will send you the steps! I called them and they explained the procedure and also sent me an email!

Hi Orpheus,

If you reopen your DS you will no longer be DQ and you will have to be DQed again. I am sure about this as it was mentioned by KCC in the lawsuits filing in DV21 but hopefully some moderators will reconfirm.
I wish you had not reopened your DS just to add social media as you could have updated it at the embassy.
I asked for the unlock before i was DQed now i don't want to unlock like you said,i'm really worried, do i have to send the documents another time to be DQed again or what ? And someone said here that if you need to add social medias on the interview that might get you AP so i was more worried then and asked for unlock

I asked for the unlock before i was DQed now i don't want to unlock like you said,i'm really worried, do i have to send the documents another time to be DQed again or what ? And someone said here that if you need to add social medias on the interview that might get you AP so i was more worried then and asked for unlock
Did they unlock your DS260 till now?
If they did, then they might send request for documents again, in which case you will have to resubmit and wait to be DQed again.
What is your CN btw? If its high then it wont effect you.
Hopefully Suzie or Britsimon can confirm this for you.

Did they unlock your DS260 till now?
If they did, then they might send request for documents again, in which case you will have to resubmit and wait to be DQed again.
What is your CN btw? If its high then it wont effect you.
Hopefully Suzie or Britsimon can confirm this for you.
No they still did not unlocked my ds260, my CN is 2022AF23k, i really hope i didn't screwed up my case,can someone confirm please ?

Hello!! Yep you’re right but my question is what about they say higher case number it means only higher case number winners will get visas or? What is the system of their issues visa ? Which case number winner will get ? According to what they will select 55000 in all the selectees its very unfair!! No one knows what to do to be in that 55000!!☹️ I think no one knows about that ,I’m very confused with they are saying those who winners should be quick with proceeds because those who send earlier will be get a chance soon like that but actually no one knows either they doing according to case number or what ☹️ it seems like kcc not moving with dv2022 yet ☹️☹️☹️
The system of issuing visas is always the same. They determine throughout the year what the demand for visas is and set the cutoff numbers by region accordingly every month. In some years the numbers will go current for some or all regions and in other years they won’t. The complication right now is trying to figure out what actual approach they take to reviewing docs and getting people DQ. This (DQ order) would not have been a problem or mattered much in an ordinary year but the combination of Covid shutdowns, backlogs, the DoS visa prioritization system, lawsuits meaning they are still working in prior years etc has messed things up in terms of which case numbers can practically get interviewed.

Last edited:
Hey, is it mandatory to translate the birth certificate, diploma, police cert to english for KCC? even though its in origin language where the interview will be held Italy,
I mean I have translated only foreign police clearance certificate (German), the other papers in my native language has not been translated, as I was informed that the documents which are not in native language has to be translated
How should the documents be translated? Please help, I'm very new to this. DoI need to get the translation certified?Do I go to a layer for this? Thanks

Thanks you So much for your concern and I’m very confused with CN is case number with three zeros after AS Low case number? And without leading zeros like 8000,14000 is those numbers are High case num?
The system of issuing visas is always the same. They determine throughout the year what the demand for visas is and set the cutoff numbers by region accordingly every month. In some years the numbers will go current for some or all regions and in other years they won’t. The complication right now is trying to figure out what actual approach they take to reviewing docs and getting people DQ. This (DQ order) would not have been a problem or mattered much in an ordinary year but the combination of Covid shutdowns, backlogs, the DoS visa prioritization system, lawsuits meaning they are still working in prior years etc has messed things up in terms of which case numbers can practically get interviewed.

Thank you. Apologies for silly question in advance, I was born in Ukraine and lived there until the age of 14, then I moved to England. Do I still need to request a police certificate from Ukraine? Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Can you receive a documents request from kcc twice? I received my request on 18th September but have not sent through. I just received another email from kcc requesting for my documents