• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

appreciate the hint of positiviety (you too, Aidyn), but even this OC number seems out of reach for the eternal optimist.
I wouldn't be so sure, my advice is to wait until January when we can scrape and Xarthisius puts out all the data. It's hard to judge from previous years as things have changed, particularly for DV20 and DV21 but if you look at the first part of DV20 (prior to Covid) the numbers were high (almost 2000 was current in April) so getting to the mid 3k is doable

This is a completely random question in regards to eligibility based on education grounds. Would anyone know if the New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA, college age 13-18 years) will be considered the equivalent to a high school education, for the purposes of the Diversity Immigrant Visa application?

Also, I hope interviews start soon and the process is not further delayed. :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the new standard (I'm pre-ncea) but if you completed high school then yes that is all you need. You don't need amazing grades, just a successful completion of HS.

Hi all - has anyone here lived overseas prior and have obtained the required international police certificate to send to KCC? We are gathering our documents to send in and need to obtain a US Police check as we have lived there prior and seeing if anyone has done this recently? Australia Post have an international police check service which seems lengthy and expensive. Looking for alternate options if anyone can assist? Thanks!

Hi all - has anyone here lived overseas prior and have obtained the required international police certificate to send to KCC? We are gathering our documents to send in and need to obtain a US Police check as we have lived there prior and seeing if anyone has done this recently? Australia Post have an international police check service which seems lengthy and expensive. Looking for alternate options if anyone can assist? Thanks!
You do not need a US police certificate. Explicitly stated in the instructions :

• Determine from which countries an applicant is required to obtain police certificates. The table below will assist in determining from where an applicant must obtain police certificates. Note: Present and former residents of the United States should NOT obtain any police certificates covering their residence in the United States.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

By the way any other foreign PCCs that may be needed should be done according to the instructions in the DoS reciprocity table, also linked in the above site

Thank you for this platform. I am a DV2021 winner with case number OC24XX. I’ve submitted all the required docs with KCC and praying that the visa rank numbers in the Visa Bulletin be CURRENT soon

Hi everyone - Happy New Year!
How is everyone tracking?
Just trying to practice patience over here!

Happy new year!

I'm also struggling with patience - and all the uncertainty...
Fortunately I'm current and ready for scheduling so once the interviews resume it should be smooth sailing. I'm just trying to stay optimistic that the embassy will reopen soon and the backlog doesn't delay things too much!

How are you going?

Happy new year!

I'm also struggling with patience - and all the uncertainty...
Fortunately I'm current and ready for scheduling so once the interviews resume it should be smooth sailing. I'm just trying to stay optimistic that the embassy will reopen soon and the backlog doesn't delay things too much!

How are you going?
Same Same here. The wait is agonising and in a similar boat to you (we are current also). So much happening with Covid and political agenda's - its a red hot mess! Hoping to hear some positive news soon and interviews being scheduled for 2021 selectees. Its like there is a huge door of opportunity slowly closing in front of us with time ticking away and its a race to get through.

It's like watching a super slow movie hoping for a happy ending! Hopefully in the next few week we'll have a better picture.
I haven't submitted my DS260 yet as I didn't want to jeopardise any tourist visas if this year goes the other way.
Going to submit in the new couple weeks hopefully!!

Excuse my ignorance but how does applying for the DS260 affect an application for a tourist visa?

A DS260 is an application for an immigrant visa. In other words you are declaring "immigrant intent".

Most non immigrant visas require the applicant to satisfy the CO that the applicant will not want to try and stay in America after the term of the visa. So - the DS260 is a factor that makes the NIV a little more difficult. It should not be the only factor considered, but it increases the chances of denial.

Cheers.

Is there any anecdotal evidence that this occurs? As an Australian, the tourist visa process is straight forward, so I'd be interested to know of any experiences here.

Cheers.

Is there any anecdotal evidence that this occurs? As an Australian, the tourist visa process is straight forward, so I'd be interested to know of any experiences here.
Plenty. There is a section of US law, iNA214b, that says you need to prove you don’t have immigrant intent in order to be granted tourist or other non-immigrant status (whether applying for a visa, or applying for entry on either a visa or VWP). That is much harder to do when you’ve submitted a formal application to immigrate. If you feel that being Australian makes it easy enough to prove that you wont immigrate then you may feel this is not important to you. Or if you still have strong ties to Australia when you try enter the US (own a home, good job etc) that would help overcome the presumption. 214b is apparently the most common reason for visa/entry denial.

That's my biggest fear as I love to travel to the states at least once a year (all pandemics pending obviously). I'm definitely not a gambling person so going to try and wait and see if things get moving this month or next. My number is 16xx - I feel like submitting next month might be the latest I could submit?

Plenty. There is a section of US law, iNA214b, that says you need to prove you don’t have immigrant intent in order to be granted tourist or other non-immigrant status (whether applying for a visa, or applying for entry on either a visa or VWP). That is much harder to do when you’ve submitted a formal application to immigrate. If you feel that being Australian makes it easy enough to prove that you wont immigrate then you may feel this is not important to you. Or if you still have strong ties to Australia when you try enter the US (own a home, good job etc) that would help overcome the presumption. 214b is apparently the most common reason for visa/entry denial.

That's not anecdotal evidence. I mean of people who have reported their experience about applying for the DS260 and then whilst waiting, a tourist visa.

Congratulations DV2021 selectees from the Oceania Region.
Let's meet here to share the good news about our selection and to ask questions about what our selection means, next steps, processing, etc.
Hi. I am wondering if the interviews for 2021 selectees have started or have been scheduled, for Oceania selectees.