• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

I think it means that the visa application is on its way from KCC (the central processing hub) to the local embassies. This only happens for a short period of time before the status changes to "Ready" once the local embassy has received/processed it.

The data on the website mentioned was taken at a point in time (last Friday). So all those "In Transit" will now be "Ready".

I believe that all the "In Transits" would have received interview times so at least progress has started for the OC area, which is a good thing for us all.
Hi,
Yes, OC area numbers will be 900 for the month of March followed by 1100 for the month of April, as per visa bulletin.

Based on the excel data on the dvcharts.xarthisius website and spot checking the case numbers that are in transit on the CEAC website.

It looks like Suva and Auckland were the only OC embassies that started arranging interviews last week. Hopefully the other OC embassies start this week.
hi,
So if dvcharts.xarthisius website data is correct, than according to visa bulletin for Oceania 900 visa for the month of March.
Meaning case #900 and below will be ready.
But question is what about if case#1 to case#900 has not submitted anything yet to KCC, or lets say if out of that 900 case numbers only 500 case numbers with status "At NVC" and 100 case # with "At Transit" and the rest is none. What will happen to the remaining 300 visa for the remaining case#s.

hi,
So if dvcharts.xarthisius website data is correct, than according to visa bulletin for Oceania 900 visa for the month of March.
Meaning case #900 and below will be ready.
But question is what about if case#1 to case#900 has not submitted anything yet to KCC, or lets say if out of that 900 case numbers only 500 case numbers with status "At NVC" and 100 case # with "At Transit" and the rest is none. What will happen to the remaining 300 visa for the remaining case#s.
There is so much to unpack here - you really need to read and understand how case numbers work so I suggest you head over to Simon's page and read up on it

Ahh, I’ve been looking for an OC forum - I’m sub 1000 and nothing yet! Good luck everyone! I hope next week brings more good news!!
I emailed the Sydney Consulate over the weekend asking them when they will be resuming DV interviews. They were very quick with a response this morning.They said that they will start on the 1st April which is great news for us in Australia!

I emailed the Sydney Consulate over the weekend asking them when they will be resuming DV interviews. They were very quick with a response this morning.They said that they will start on the 1st April which is great news for us in Australia!
Great news indeed! If they were to start interviews from April 1 the 2NL's should be going out now to have time to prepare. Has anyone had there 2NL yet for Sydney Consulate?

Great news indeed! If they were to start interviews from April 1 the 2NL's should be going out now to have time to prepare. Has anyone had there 2NL yet for Sydney Consulate?
Yeah, I wonder if they mean they intend to start scheduling - rather than interviewing - from 1 April? So interviews would start in May at the earliest?

This is the reply I received from Sydney consulate on Monday

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Diversity Visa applicants for the 2021 fiscal year (DV-2021) should wait to be notified of the scheduling of an interview in accordance with the phased resumption of visa services framework. The U.S. Consulate General, Sydney will recommence DV2021 interviews from April 2021.

Hi All,
Just found this forum, great to see it is very active. OC14XX

Out of curiosity to those who have received their Documents Received message.

I have seen that there are slight variations.
I am wondering if anyone else has received a different variation, and or which messages people have received.
I am curious if it's due to NZ not issuing a police certificate to the individual but sending it to the embassy directly.

I received the following:
Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available.

But I have heard of others receiving:
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available.

Anyone else received a variation?

Last edited:
Hi All,
Just found this forum, great to see it is very active. OC14XX

Out of curiosity to those who have received their Documents Received message.

I have seen that there are slight variations.
I am wondering if anyone else has received a different variation, and or which messages people have received.
I am curious if it's due to NZ not issuing a police certificate to the individual but sending it to the embassy directly.

I received the following:
Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available.

But I have heard of others receiving:
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available.

Anyone else received a variation?
I got the second one... I’m from Aus

Aus OC14xx. Still waiting for mine, sent my documents late december. I have emailed KCC this week asking if they are satisfied with what I have sent

I got the second one... I’m from Aus
Thanks mate, living in Aus as well. Its an unusual theory, but I wonder if it could result in AP in my case. Especially, if the Auckland embassy doesn't forward that police certificate to Sydney.

Aus OC14xx. Still waiting for mine, sent my documents late december. I have emailed KCC this week asking if they are satisfied with what I have sent
Aus21, that's strange, I sent documents in February and they were processed very quickly.
There are so many unknowns to this whole process. I know people who submitted documents back in October with current OC numbers and they are also waiting.

Edit:
Thanks Aus-Usa, guess my theory doesn't hold up now. Curious what ramifications this could cause

Thanks mate, living in Aus as well. Its an unusual theory, but I wonder if it could result in AP in my case. Especially, if the Auckland embassy doesn't forward that police certificate to Sydney.

Aus21, that's strange, I sent documents in February and they were processed very quickly.
There are so many unknowns to this whole process. I know people who submitted documents back in October with current OC numbers and they are also waiting.

Edit:
Thanks Aus-Usa, guess my theory doesn't hold up now. Curious what ramifications this could cause
Green&gold, hopefully KCC haven't lost my docs, I thought my case was an easy one, haven't lived in any other countries, no police records etc? I will have to wait and see what they have to say. Surely you'll be ready for interview in June?

Green&gold, hopefully KCC haven't lost my docs, I thought my case was an easy one, haven't lived in any other countries, no police records etc? I will have to wait and see what they have to say. Surely you'll be ready for interview in June?
Im a little unsure, during the DOS live chat apparently there is talk of all cases going current in June. Brit said he will make a video about it tomorrow.

Im a little unsure, during the DOS live chat apparently there is talk of all cases going current in June. Brit said he will make a video about it tomorrow.
Watched the Q & A this evening, got me a little worried, going current so early. I'm going to try calling KCC tonight about wether they received (19 Dec) & processed my docs seeing I haven't gotten any ready for scheduling notice.

Hey Aus21. I am OC14xx too and have not received an email from KCC, however, I only submitted my docs at the very start of March (this month). I hope you hear back from them very soon. I would be keen to hear if you receive a reply from KCC. I have my fingers crossed that we will both hear from KCC soon regarding ready for scheduling.

Watched the Q & A this evening, got me a little worried, going current so early. I'm going to try calling KCC tonight about wether they received (19 Dec) & processed my docs seeing I haven't gotten any ready for scheduling notice.
Can you please share the Q&A link if possible. I am surprised your docs haven't been process. However, it would be interesting to know if anyone with a higher case number than yours, (OC15xx for example), have had their docs processed, as then you would know for certain to be concerned and may have to resubmit.

Hey Aus21. I am OC14xx too and have not received an email from KCC, however, I only submitted my docs at the very start of March (this month). I hope you hear back from them very soon. I would be keen to hear if you receive a reply from KCC. I have my fingers crossed that we will both hear from KCC soon regarding ready for scheduling.
Hi KB, hopefully I get an answer tonight if they pick up the phone, I'll try calling at 11pm