• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone
I hope that you all doing well , after waiting for almost 3 months we got our denial notice saying that they haven't received our background checks clear before 30/9 it is our mistake we did not ask about ,because we were worried about my husband status as he was out of status back in 2015 for almost a year .so if you guys know anyone who is doing DV22 tell him to ask bout it and I know many time here told us to do so
Happy for all of you

Hello everyone
I hope that you all doing well , after waiting for almost 3 months we got our denial notice saying that they haven't received our background checks clear before 30/9 it is our mistake we did not ask about ,because we were worried about my husband status as he was out of status back in 2015 for almost a year .so if you guys know anyone who is doing DV22 tell him to ask bout it and I know many time here told us to do so
Happy for all of you
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you realized it was bound to end in a denial before now anyway, but still I know there must have been a sting to that letter. Don't give up hope - keep entering!

Hello everyone
Happy for all of you
Sorry to learn of your denial. Considering you (and not your husband) were the main selectee you really ought to have been following up on the case regardless of the issue with your husband’s status. You could have been approved, with the worst case scenario being a denial for your husband as your DV derivative, unless of course you were his non-immigrant derivative back then which means you were equally out of status when he was.

Yes I was expected but reason background check was surprisingly):
It looks like you, as the main selectee did not clear your background check by 9/30. The denial notice (though several months late in being issued) is basically explaining the primary reason for the denial. Seems to me like your background check recently cleared, they subsequently brought up your file and then realized your FY was already over, which is a secondary reason for the denial. But the notice only gave the primary reason.

Sorry to learn of your denial. Considering you (and not your husband) were the main selectee you really ought to have been following up on the case regardless of the issue with your husband’s status. You could have been approved, with the worst case scenario being a denial for your husband as your DV derivative, unless of course you were his non-immigrant derivative back then which means you were equally out of status when he was.
Yes , back then I was on status as F1 student

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? @Sm1smom How are the 2022 kids treating you?
Sorry @Abdulmalik to hear about your denial.

I wanted to stop by and, besides seeing how y'all were doing, see if anyone had a similar situation or input regarding taxes. Since I was a student on an F1 with a TA for 9/12 months and LPR for 3/12, my school does not really know how to guide me through filing taxes this year (and I only filed as an Au Pair, so that was completely different too).

@Sm1smom quick question , after you file an address change online for the GC , do you get any confirmation once its done. I did a address change but never got any email that it was done?

@Sm1smom quick question , after you file an address change online for the GC , do you get any confirmation once its done. I did a address change but never got any email that it was done?
Online where? If you submit an AR-11 Change of address electronically, you should have received an automated receipt confirmation immediately following the submission. I don’t quite understand your question.

Online where? If you submit an AR-11 Change of address electronically, you should have received an automated receipt confirmation immediately following the submission. I don’t quite understand your question.
Yes i did a AR-11 electronically ..and i got an email confirmation stating that "address change request sucessfully submitted" , is that it ?

Yes i did a AR-11 electronically ..and i got an email confirmation stating that "address change request sucessfully submitted" , is that it ?
Yes. Email looks like this:
Subject: Address Change Request Confirmation

Updated Address To:
<your new address>
AR-11: <some number>
Mine is quite old, so there's a chance they use a different email and/or subject now.

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? @Sm1smom How are the 2022 kids treating you?
Sorry @Abdulmalik to hear about your denial.

I wanted to stop by and, besides seeing how y'all were doing, see if anyone had a similar situation or input regarding taxes. Since I was a student on an F1 with a TA for 9/12 months and LPR for 3/12, my school does not really know how to guide me through filing taxes this year (and I only filed as an Au Pair, so that was completely different too).
To reply to myself, if anyone ever has the same doubt, I believe I have to file them as a resident even if I wasn't a resident all of the time or even the majority of the time (to be honest, reading the website felt like reading a riddle, I have NOT missed reading these official websites) https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/residency-starting-and-ending-dates

i got this email few days ago. i have submitted 260 on may 30. . Which instructions do they mean?

Attachments

• photo_2022-02-23_11-25-08.jpg
    photo_2022-02-23_11-25-08.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4
Hello, I would like to ask a question in regards with doing a walk in for biometrics. Should one say they actually do have an appointment scheduled for later on but trying to do it sooner? What's the best way to go about this? Thank you!

Hello, I would like to ask a question in regards with doing a walk in for biometrics. Should one say they actually do have an appointment scheduled for later on but trying to do it sooner? What's the best way to go about this? Thank you!
You need the appointment letter for a walk-in, so yes, you need to have an appointment first. Just go there and see if they will let you do a walk-in.

PS: This is 2021 DV thread. Post your AOS related questions on the current year's thread.

Hello every one im 2021 selectee and i have filed my 485 on october, i have received my EAD card and nothing on interview or green card yet . I was chatting with emma live agent today and the agent said as long as my case is pending i could get the card even after September. I was wondering whether if thats correct

Hello every one im 2021 selectee and i have filed my 485 on october, i have received my EAD card and nothing on interview or green card yet . I was chatting with emma live agent today and the agent said as long as my case is pending i could get the card even after September. I was wondering whether if thats correct
2021 or 2022? Anyways, last day for approval of DV 2021 cases was 30 Sep 2021. Receiving the card can take longer (up to a few weeks).

2022, but what if they dont process it by then?
Then basically "better luck next time". If it is not processed by the end of the day on Sep 30, then it automatically gets denied and you will receive a denial letter in a few days.

PS: This thread is for DV2021, please post your question on current year's thread.

I decided to mail my package tomorrow. I'm still waiting for my college transcript to be delivered.

This is how I assembled everything. I tried to make it as convenient as possible for the FO by classifying the documents similar to the spreadsheet:

View attachment 2516
Hello ! Congratulations!! Happy for you
I have a question: Did you filled out the I-134 by yourself or did you have a sponsor filling that out for you ?
Also, did you send any tax transcript and pay slips ?