• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I went to the FO yesterday, but the guard was very strict and did not let me in. But Thank God as I was on my way home, an IO called me and told me to come today for the interview. It went well today, about 20 mins, mostly answering yes or no questions. My status now says that a new card is being produced. Thank you very much @Sm1smom for creating the spreadsheet, very helpful. Thanks to you @SusieQQQ @jeylohnen @miemie and all the members.
Result! That was a close one...congratulations :)

Your cannot submit your AOS application online. There is less than two weeks left for the FY to end, and you’re just planning on filing next week? Well, you may get scheduled for an interview long after the FY has already ended (if you don’t receive a denial notice first without an interview on the basis of the FY being already over), you most definitely will not be approved though. Complete waste of time, and resources IMO. But your money, your case, proceed if you like.
Hi, everyone.

I am a winner of DV21. CN is EU12***. I know it is too late to start the AOS process. But hope dies last.
I am going to start the process next week. My medical examination will be ready on Wednesday according to my doctor. My AOS package is almost ready. Also, I am going to try using online forms of application.

Is there any chance that USCIS will provide AOS procedures after the FY-21 for winners DV 21?
Or did I miss out on my opportunity already?
Is it worth trying?
What do you suggest?
Thank you.
Now I wonder if TKZ should have applied on Sep 18th. Apparently USCIS is working amazingly fast.

In any case, I am grateful to you for your chat, it is a very reliable and important support, which I trusted more than anyone I found on the Internet. Whatever the decision this will be my experience, I would regret it if I did not take the risk. It's a pity. that there is no standard law, but only the human factor, which decides your fate ... That in this status one is given a refusal to others ... As for asylum, some have a decision within 2 months for others and more than a year ... of course II understand if my husband's officer made a decision, then my probability would be much greater .... but I was really afraid that they had forgotten about us. they often lose people's cases, forgetting about them for years ...
Hey, any update on your case?

Now I wonder if TKZ should have applied on Sep 18th. Apparently USCIS is working amazingly fast.
USCIS worked "amazingly fast" on @bhanu_sigdel's spouses case because the main applicant (@bhanu_sigdel's) case was already with the FO. They had a NOA for the already pending case to attach to the spouse's newly filed case, hence the fast-tracking to catch up with the spouses. Not the same situation with @TKZ which I am still convinced wouldn't have made it through. But like I pointed out to the OP, they were more than welcome to try back then. And by the way, @TKZ was not ready to file on (Saturday) 9/18 if you take another look at their post. They were planning on filing the following week - "I'm going to start the process next week" they wrote (and waiting to get the medical report back on 8/22) per their post

My story continues today. Earlier my online status has changed to “We reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and are reconsidering our earlier decision”.

And now it’s again “New Card is being produced”, but with today’s date
I was almost sure that everything okay. Yesterday I got “Case Was Approved” status. But today… “Case Was Reopened” again. This drives me crazy!
9/23 Interview
9/23 New Card Is Being Produced
9/24 Case Was Approved
9/27 We reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and are reconsidering our earlier decision
9/27 New Card Is Being Produced
9/28 Case Was Approved
9/29 Case Was Reopened

I contacted Live Agent via Emma. They told me they see that case was approved and no nothing about it being reopened.
Given that tomorrow is the last day - it all looks like a bad joke

I was almost sure that everything okay. Yesterday I got “Case Was Approved” status. But today… “Case Was Reopened” again. This drives me crazy!
9/23 Interview
9/24 Case Was Approved
9/27 We reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and are reconsidering our earlier decision
9/28 Case Was Approved
9/29 Case Was Reopened

I contacted Live Agent via Emma. They told me they see that case was approved and no nothing about it being reopened.
A roller-coaster ride it seems. One more day to go ....

USCIS worked "amazingly fast" on @bhanu_sigdel's spouses case because the main applicant (@bhanu_sigdel's) case was already with the FO. They had a NOA for the already pending case to attach to the spouse's newly filed case, hence the fast-tracking to catch up with the spouses. Not the same situation with @TKZ which I am still convinced wouldn't have made it through. But like I pointed out to the OP, they were more than welcome to try back then. And by the way, @TKZ was not ready to file on (Saturday) 9/18 if you take another look at their post. They were planning on filing the following week - "I'm going to start the process next week" they wrote (and waiting to get the medical report back on 8/22) per their post
Makes sense!

9/23 Interview
9/24 Case Was Approved
9/28 Case Was Approved
9/29 Case Was Reopened

must be nerve wracking :( why can't they just take their time to think through and then provide the final update... Can imagine what you are going through.

I went to the FO yesterday, but the guard was very strict and did not let me in. But Thank God as I was on my way home, an IO called me and told me to come today for the interview. It went well today, about 20 mins, mostly answering yes or no questions. My status now says that a new card is being produced. Thank you very much @Sm1smom for creating the spreadsheet, very helpful. Thanks to you @SusieQQQ @jeylohnen @miemie and all the members.
Congratulations!

That’s great. I wonder if the guard informed the IO, the timing of the call seems very coincidental! Glad it all worked out.

GOD IS GOOOOD.....My case status is now saying that "my new card is being produced"!!! I really can't believe the things that happened to me in the last 2 weeks...my bio getting scheduled for 10/5 but the ASC allowing me to walk in with no hassle...my interview getting scheduled over a phone call 7 days before the end of FY....and everything that happened before and in between, none of it is short of a MIRACLE!

I joined this forum rather late in the process, nevertheless the advise I got from here in a very short time was so invaluable. THANK YOU @Sm1smom for all the resources you have given us. Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions or gave me suggestions @coffeemonster @jeylohnen @ritallight @DV21M...and everyone I forgot! Thanks to my Nashville support @peace2021 and special shout out to @Blade_, thank you thank you! God bless you all!

I will update the timeline asap!
sub-buzz-10243-1590449777-1.jpg
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

GOD IS GOOOOD.....My case status is now saying that "my new card is being produced"!!! I really can't believe the things that happened to me in the last 2 weeks...my bio getting scheduled for 10/5 but the ASC allowing me to walk in with no hassle...my interview getting scheduled over a phone call 7 days before the end of FY....and everything that happened before and in between, none of it is short of a MIRACLE!

I joined this forum rather late in the process, nevertheless the advise I got from here in a very short time was so invaluable. THANK YOU @Sm1smom for all the resources you have given us. Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions or gave me suggestions @coffeemonster @jeylohnen @ritallight @DV21M...and everyone I forgot! Thanks to my Nashville support @peace2021 and special shout out to @Blade_, thank you thank you! God bless you all!

I will update the timeline asap!
sub-buzz-10243-1590449777-1.jpg
Congratulations! your emotion transmit !

Hello everyone!
This is my first post in this thread. But, I followed this forum silently. I had a high case number (2021AS22***), so I didn't have much to do in the thread other than reading the posts.
My case became current in June, But I applied for AOS very late (AOS package delivery date: August 31, 2021) due to unavoidable circumstances. So I would like to share my story and timeline with you, hoping that someone will benefits from this in the future.

Last May, I went to my home country to renew my passport, change my visa, and get married without initiating the AOS process since my case number wasn't current at the time. Unfortunately, I got stuck in my home country for three months due to the covid pandemic and lockdown. Finally, I came back with my wife at the end of the first week of August. We started our AOS process as soon as possible, with a bit of hope and knowing that the time might not be enough to finish the AOS process on time.
Here is my timeline.
08/09/21 DS260 submissions for both my wife and me
08/12/21 DV fee delivery
08/12/21 Medical exam
08/16/21 DV fee cashed
08/24/21 2NL received from KCC
08/28/21 DV Fee receipt received
08/31/21 AOS packages delivery (Chicago lockbox)
09/06/21 Acceptance text/email
09/07/21 AOS fee cashed
09/11/21 NoA Letters received
There was no update after that in our cases. So, I decided to call USCIS and was able to connect with a live agent. The agent made an expedited request to our cases since the DV visa deadline is approaching.
09/14/21 Expedite request
Again there has been no update since then. So, we decided to contact the senator based on the senator's website guidelines.
09/20/21 (in the morning) Emailed senator (We didn't get a reply yet)
09/20/21 (in the afternoon) Got the expedite bio appointment letters in email and a call from the local FO to notify the interview date
09/23/21 Expedited bio appointments
09/24/21 Interview Letters Received
09/27/21 Interview appointment and case approved
09/27/21 Case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"
09/28/21 Case status changed to "Case was Approved"

This forum was a great help to prepare the AOS package and understand the AOS process. I was able to find answers to all the questions I had when I was preparing the AOS package by just browsing the thread. So this is an AMAZING forum, and thank you very much, Sm1smom, Britsimon, SusieQQQ, and everyone who has shared their experience.

I wish good luck to those who are still waiting!!