• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Congrats! It's amazing how one guy taking a few seconds of his time to forward your email changed the rest of your life for good. Not to mention that he had no obligation to do so.
..and the fast response of the correct person too. There is a lot more good in uscis than people tend to give them credit for. We had an amazing story last year of them going above and beyond (visiting the home of a cancer patient to interview and approve the AOS).

@Sm1smom Thank you so much for the support and informations. We had sent my wife's case under Derivative diversity on September 13, 2021
and the case is approved on September 29, 2021.

Package Sent to chicago lockbox: September 10, 2021
Package received by USCIS: September 13, 2021
Receipt generated: September 15, 2021
Biometrics: September 27, 2021
Interview: September 29, 2021
Case Approved: September 29, 2021

@Sm1smom Thank you so much for the support and informations. We had sent my wife's case under Derivative diversity on September 13, 2021

WOW cutting it all fine, so glad it worked out!!

This is so freaking AMAZING!!!! Congratulations are certainly in order - considering the delicate situation you guys were in following your approval as the main selectee. So happy for you guys

Congrats more happy news and miracle...

Can you add both your timeline and that of your wife (on a separate line) on the timeline spreadsheet? This is one of the very unique cases we need to keep track of and reference as needed.

GOD IS GOOOOD.....My case status is now saying that "my new card is being produced"!!! I really can't believe the things that happened to me in the last 2 weeks...my bio getting scheduled for 10/5 but the ASC allowing me to walk in with no hassle...my interview getting scheduled over a phone call 7 days before the end of FY....and everything that happened before and in between, none of it is short of a MIRACLE!

I joined this forum rather late in the process, nevertheless the advise I got from here in a very short time was so invaluable. THANK YOU @Sm1smom for all the resources you have given us. Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions or gave me suggestions @coffeemonster @jeylohnen @ritallight @DV21M...and everyone I forgot! Thanks to my Nashville support @peace2021 and special shout out to @Blade_, thank you thank you! God bless you all!

I will update the timeline asap!
sub-buzz-10243-1590449777-1.jpg

@Sm1smom I got my I-485 approved. Thank you a lot for all the helpful information throughout this journey.
I have a question though. Before my interview I applied change of status H4 to F1 for my wife as she arrived US on September 1, 2021 and we didn't have much time for filing her I-485. Now her change of status is pending. I am worried what happens if the change of status is denied? Will the unlawful presence accrual start from the day when her H4 was invalid or the day when the change of status is denied?
By the way, once you guys receive your wife's actual GC, you should follow-up by contacting USCIS to withdraw the COS application.

GOD IS GOOOOD.....My case status is now saying that "my new card is being produced"!!! I really can't believe the things that happened to me in the last 2 weeks...my bio getting scheduled for 10/5 but the ASC allowing me to walk in with no hassle...my interview getting scheduled over a phone call 7 days before the end of FY....and everything that happened before and in between, none of it is short of a MIRACLE!

I joined this forum rather late in the process, nevertheless the advise I got from here in a very short time was so invaluable. THANK YOU @Sm1smom for all the resources you have given us. Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions or gave me suggestions @coffeemonster @jeylohnen @ritallight @DV21M...and everyone I forgot! Thanks to my Nashville support @peace2021 and special shout out to @Blade_, thank you thank you! God bless you all!

This is so touching!!!! Congratulations :)

Really happy for you! Congrats on your new life and nice choice of meme. We need more of this here!

OMG Congrats!!!!!!

..and the fast response of the correct person too. There is a lot more good in uscis than people tend to give them credit for. We had an amazing story last year of them going above and beyond (visiting the home of a cancer patient to interview and approve the AOS).
oh wow thats crazzy ..i guess theres so much good hearts at USCIS than people realize!

So happy for you! Congratulations! :)

@Gnignia did you try get to the FO yesterday? Any luck getting in?
I went to the FO yesterday, but the guard was very strict and did not let me in. But Thank God as I was on my way home, an IO called me and told me to come today for the interview. It went well today, about 20 mins, mostly answering yes or no questions. My status now says that a new card is being produced. Thank you very much @Sm1smom for creating the spreadsheet, very helpful. Thanks to you @SusieQQQ @jeylohnen @miemie and all the members.