• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I did not know that! Am going to do it soon. Thank you!
But I am curious if my name is swapped on my GC( I started really hating this swap issue...), am I even able to remove that restriction?lol Well, at least I am going to try. ( I-551 might actually help prove my status & identity)
Since you have the swapped name issue I’m not sure you can request the SSN card change just because the name on your GC will not be the same as the correct one they have in the system. So you better fix that first!

Mom or Susie please correct me if I’m wrong.

Since you have the swapped name issue I’m not sure you can request the SSN card change just because the name on your GC will not be the same as the correct one they have in the system. So you better fix that first!

Mom or Susie please correct me if I’m wrong.
yeah exactly lol Let's wait for mom or Susie's thought here. My initial guess is that I at least need I-551 stamp to prove my permanent residency with my actual name on it.

I did not know that! Am going to do it soon. Thank you!
But I am curious if my name is swapped on my GC( I started really hating this swap issue...), am I even able to remove that restriction?lol Well, at least I am going to try. ( I-551 might actually help prove my status & identity)
I pre-emptively addressed this in an earlier response to you, please go back and review that response

Hi! So I’ve been trying to schedule an info pass appointment for next week but the agent keeps refusing me saying that I don’t meet the criteria (they won’t tell me the criteria either).
Any ideas on what I could try to say next time I try? Or what has worked in the past?

Hi! So I’ve been trying to schedule an info pass appointment for next week but the agent keeps refusing me saying that I don’t meet the criteria (they won’t tell me the criteria either).
Any ideas on what I could try to say next time I try? Or what has worked in the past?
Official Expedite Request Criteria:

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria or circumstance:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. Timely file the benefit request , or
    2. Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.

How about trying an ASAP Tier 2 (72 h) & ask him/her for the infopass? I mean since they're IOs, they might be more helpful @ this time!

Official Expedite Request Criteria:

USCIS may consider an expedite request if it meets one or more of the following criteria or circumstance:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. Timely file the benefit request , or
    2. Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;
  • Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.
Oh so they’re the same reasons? Hmmm I guess I could try the emergency once again. Thank you!!

How about trying an ASAP Tier 2 (72 h) & ask him/her for the infopass? I mean since they're IOs, they might be more helpful @ this time!
I did that too, but they haven’t called me back yet (I placed the request on Tuesday). And when I asked they just told me to keep waiting…

I did that too, but they haven’t called me back yet (I placed the request on Tuesday). And when I asked they just told me to keep waiting…
how did following-up with Ombudsman go? (were you able to talk to the case worker?)

how did following-up with Ombudsman go? (were you able to talk to the case worker?)
They told me my case has not been assigned to a case worker yet and to try again on Monday. She made a note about the timeline but she said that’s all she could do until it’s assigned

I also received the PR Card today! My case was approved on 07th Sept. And I have sent I824 for family members abroad, which was also delivered on the same day to the lockbox. But as of Sept 15, they do not take any action against it. Even money order was also not cashed. Can I follow up on this case with them? How to proceed while I don't have a receipt number?
I am not sure if you can follow up by yourself without a receipt number. In my case, Congress Case Worker is pushing USCIS to speed up the process and informing me at every step. My check hasn't been cashed yet either but I received an email from KCC yesterday and emailed my husband's documents to KCC. The US Embassy in my country do not even respond to my emails. My one and only hope is this passionate Case Worker.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new status!
Thank you. Stay safe and blessed in USA.
Congrats! I very much agree with your item # 4.
Thanks. My commute to the FO the morning of the interview would have been 2 hours. When it rains in ATL, there are usually accidents and traffic.I also needed a peace of mind that morning. I had counted on the hotel staff to wake me up early moring too.

I got to the FO 30 mins earlier [wasn't denied entry].For an 8;30 am appointement, i had checked in by 08;10am. Surprisingly, IO came for me at about 08;20 am , and started asking me questions on the way to his office. [ ofcourse other FOs maybe different].

Congratulations
Thank you so very much mom. May the good Lord bless and keep you. Thanks again for allowing God to use you to help others through this tough USA immigration journey. You are helping people get into their destinies. May God grant you your heart's desires according to His will. As you have helped me, and many others, you and your family/ children will never get stuck in life. Help will be there when and where you need it. You are appreciated

I also received the PR Card today! My case was approved on 07th Sept. And I have sent I824 for family members abroad, which was also delivered on the same day to the lockbox. But as of Sept 15, they do not take any action against it. Even money order was also not cashed. Can I follow up on this case with them? How to proceed while I don't have a receipt number?I

If you dont have a receipt number, you can use the A-number [ Alien] if you have it.

My Lord Jesus has done it again. i got my Green card today.
Its still shocking but true.
I have been playing the DV lottery since 2009. I got selected in 2011 but the results were cancelled because of the KCC glitch.
When the DV 2021 results were out in June 2020, i was scared to check since i was used to ''Not selected''for the last 10 years.So i forgot about it for 6 months. It was in January 2021 that i remembered, and got the courage to check and the 1NL was smiling at me.:oops:

Some tips i have found useful in the DV journey.

1. Pray, pray, and pray more. At every step pray. Pray for every document.There are times that i felt i would never get the G.C but prayer gave me hope. One miracle after another started happening. God is able.

2. Be persistent and don't give up.Utilize every opportunity available. I put in different expedited requests. its the 3rd that was completed, and i got an interview earlier than expected.

3. Just because you don't see the updates on the case status or from Emma doesn't mean that your case is not moving. Its moving in the background. getting my IL surprised me because i never got any letter confirming that the expedited request was granted. My IL date was 5 weeks after filing form I-485.

4. I got a hotel for the night [5 minutes away from the FO], so that i get to the early morning interview on time. It was raining the day before the interview, and the morning of the interview. I did not want to risk being late or oversleeping and not showing up.

5. My case wasn't approved the day of the interview, as the KCC file was still pending. The IO told me that the DV payment receipt is very important. So make sure you get it from KCC and take it to your interview.

6. Using money orders than Credit cards or checks to pay for the DV fee and AOS fee was helpful. I think they are quickly cashed than the rest of the forms of payment. Since you can track USPS money orders, i strongly recommend it. A day saved in the process goes a long way to help speed up your case.

Thanks to every one here that provided info, and helped me answer the questions that i had. Thank you Mom for creating this thread, and for the time you put in to help others.May God reward you big big.

May the good Lord bless and keep you safe in this USA that we have been given an opportunity to live in.
Am praying for those who are still waiting. May God surprise you in Jesus' name.
If you need specific prayer, please inbox me your name , and i will put you on my prayer list.
Congratulations!

(1) Can I have the info pass at another FO? Right now things are looking bad for those of us in New Orleans, and as much as I am trying to stay positive, I might need to consider other possibilities that take into consideration New Orleans might not reopen before the 30th.
(2) During COVID, the people that got approved without interview, were they scheduled for an interview previous to the shutdown? I am trying to figure out if waiving an interview is possible after the interview had been previously scheduled (meaning it wasn’t gonna be waived in the first place).

Any other ideas are extremely appreciated!
The building itself seems to be open but USCIS doesn’t know when they’ll go back in. Apparently they are most likely not working remote given the generic covid answer they gave me (according to USCIS former worker and tier 2 agent).

And if that lease keep your positive thoughts, fingers crossed, and if you’re religious maybe a prayer or two for us? I know there’s at least three or four of us in the forum.
I got approved without attending to the interview. I was schedule for an interview but they had forgot to send out the interview letter. I believe it's possible they would do the same in your case as well considering the circumstances.
I really feel for you it's so frustrating dealing with USCIS, just trying to get through on the phone to get a call back and days just goes by.
Keep your head up, stay positive you will get this!!

update from Portland Oregon FO:
not too many people from my FO here but hopefully this would be useful for someone in the future.

interview date Sep 9
new card ordered Sep 9
case approved Sep 10
Approval notice received Sep 13
card posted Sep 14
waiting for the physical card

unfortunately, I came across this forum very late in the process, but even in the short time I used the information and advice shared here and am very thankful for that.
I wish best of luck for anyone who is still waiting.