• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

New update!!
Case status change to "New Card Is Being Produced"
Thanks to everyone, and I wish everyone success on this journey.

Congratulations! Did it actually update today, or did you just not check it until today?

(asking for a friend who wants to feel like less of a lunatic for checking his or her status constantly over the weekend ;) )

Your situation is unusual and could be further complicated, I don’t know. People do not typically have two filed cases based on the same eligibility going on in the system at the same time.
Hello mom
our biometric appointment is tomorrow. we both have our letters. is it possible there is any problem for us tomorrow? you know my husband's check has not been cashed yet. do they check the payment or letters?
do you think if we explain our situation to them, they can help us or not? or any other way to pay there? ( we will have a check with us just in case!)

thanks for your help

Hello mom
our biometric appointment is tomorrow. we both have our letters. is it possible there is any problem for us tomorrow? you know my husband's check has not been cashed yet. do they check the payment or letters?
do you think if we explain our situation to them, they can help us or not? or any other way to pay there? ( we will have a check with us just in case!)

thanks for your help
I would not tell the situation to ASC. I would point out at the interview. As long as he has bio appointment letter, he will be alright. tomorrow.

Hello mom

thanks for your help
The folks at the ASC are technicians whose sole work is to obtain your biometrics. They cannot tell you anything or do anything else about your case outside of capturing your bio. You have an appointment and show up for the appointment, they capture your bio, that’s all.

My bio appointment is next Monday. I already did a walk in on the 12th, but my case hasn't updated yet (still in "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" since the day of the interview).

Should I still go to my scheduled appointment?

My bio appointment is next Monday. I already did a walk in on the 12th, but my case hasn't updated yet (still in "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" since the day of the interview).

Should I still go to my scheduled appointment?

If you had already done your biometrics, I don't see why you'd go to scheduled (I assume you meant biometrics) appointment again.

If you had already done your biometrics, I don't see why you'd go to scheduled (I assume you meant biometrics) appointment again.

Well the letter says you have to show up or else your case could be deemed to be abandoned. If my case was approved before then, I wouldn't be worried, but since it hasn't been approved and I don't think it is going to happen this week, I don't want to take any risk. I presume they'll turn me away since my letter is already stamped, but at least I will have shown up as instructed.

To put it another way, is there any potential downside to going to the scheduled appointment?

Well the letter says you have to show up or else your case could be deemed to be abandoned. If my case was approved before then, I wouldn't be worried, but since it hasn't been approved and I don't think it is going to happen this week, I don't want to take any risk. I presume they'll turn me away since my letter is already stamped, but at least I will have shown up as instructed.

To put it another way, is there any potential downside to going to the scheduled appointment?
You need to stop overthinking this. Did you already show up for the bio or not? The letter doesn't see case will be deemed abandoned if you do not show up on the assigned date, right?

If your biometric letter has been stamped, you're all good!

You need to stop overthinking this. Did you already show up for the bio or not? The letter doesn't see case will be deemed abandoned if you do not show up on the assigned date, right?

Actually it does say that. It says if you fail to appear "as scheduled". That means date, time and place.

By that logic, everyone who did a walk-in would have had their applications denied.

Not if they showed up as requested, or if their case was already approved before the scheduled appointment. I have no way of knowing what people normally do, that's why I'm asking. Even if there's only a slight chance it could be a problem, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

Actually it does say that. It says if you fail to appear "as scheduled". That means date, time and place.
"As scheduled" doesn't necessarily mean "on the scheduled date". As scheduled could be "before the listed date". What matters is as long as you show up on or before the scheduled date. And like Susie already pointed out above, if it strictly means date, time and place, everyone who has done a walk-in (some doing so in none ASC assigned locations as a matter of fact) should have been deemed to have abandoned their application because they did not show up on the date, time and place assigned. Considering the amount of effort you expended on doing a walk-in, I'm just surprised at your current interpretation of "as scheduled". Anyway, your case, your time. Go ahead and make another visit to your ASC on your scheduled date and time.

Hi mom, forum. I have been waiting for an IL and early last week it showed in my informed delivery that it would be arriving soon (it was an image of a letter from my FO). I have since received post that was due to arrive on the same day as the IL, and post from days after, but no IL. I am beginning to think that it may be lost. Any advice on what action I could take aside from waiting? Thanks

Hi mom, forum. I have been waiting for an IL and early last week it showed in my informed delivery that it would be arriving soon (it was an image of a letter from my FO). I have since received post that was due to arrive on the same day as the IL, and post from days after, but no IL. I am beginning to think that it may be lost. Any advice on what action I could take aside from waiting? Thanks
I would suggest to contact Emma and ask if she knows the date first of all, to not miss the interview as non shown. After that u can try to contact your postal office maybe

If you have not received a mail that was in your informed delivery, you can mark "not recieved" for post to investigate. Alternatively, go to your local post office and ask them why you did not receive it. Do you have your name on your mailbox?

Last edited: