• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi all, I am a 2021 DV lottery winner, and the principal applicant. After our CN became current in June 2021, both me and my husband submitted the form I-485. We had our biometrics appointments few weeks ago. We have not received an interview date yet. But recently only my husband received a form G-56, call in letter from DHS by mail. Reason for the appointment is stated as “ I-485 application, DV”. He is asked to bring passport and state ID with him. Office location is our FO. We both are little confused about this. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Can this be the interview?
Yes that is the IL. Yours should also show up shortly. If it doesn’t, simply attend the interview together. You’ll be fine.

Hello everyone,
Update on my interview,
I had my interview today at 11:30 am. I went through security around 11:10 am and was told to go wait on the waiting area. Since I didn't have interview letter I told the staff member I was called for interview then he told he would let the officer know that I was there. After few moments officer came, he directed me towards his office and was told to sworn in. He asked me bunch of yes no questions from the form. Asked me which school I go to, what I'm majoring in and where do I want to work after my study. He also told you picked that call for good, and explained what the interview no show meant. And that was it. He then said I'm approving your case and give it up to 2-3 weeks to receive your card in mail. If I didn't receive anything until sep 15 , he told to give him a call. The interview duration was short, it was done before my actual interview starts. I didn't open my document file. Everything was real quick. Thank you for this forum for immense support and help. Thank you mom and everyone who has share their experience and provided information. I wish everyone good luck! I
Congratulations.

So during the interview, the IO told me that in the system I was "Out of Status" between 2019 and 2021.
Basically, I submit the wrong OPT card (not the STEM one).
She said that she might send a letter for request of evidence after verification of my status.
It is weird that I've been reporting to school for the entire STEM-OPT period.

So during the interview, the IO told me that in the system I was "Out of Status" between 2019 and 2021.
Basically, I submit the wrong OPT card (not the STEM one).
She said that she might send a letter for request of evidence after verification of my status.
It is weird that I've been reporting to school for the entire STEM-OPT period.
So basically she said that she ‘might’ send the RFE.
You have nothing to do but waiting. Either you’ll receive the RFE and respond to that; or the other way would be the decision! Right?
:)

You need to talk to a live agent. Just try typing "live agent". Then it will ask you to pick a category for your question, and it usually asks you to type your actual question, and only then does it connect you to a live person. Sometimes it makes you wait in the queue for 30 minutes. Once you get a live agent, they should be able to tell if you're scheduled.

They're not 100% reliable, but they seem to be pretty good at checking bio appointments. They typically don't see interview appointments in the system.

I had a funny exchange when I asked about mine, which went something like this (paraphrasing):

Me: I'd like to see if my bio is scheduled
Them: Your bio is scheduled for 8/30
Me: Great, can I print my own appointment letter?
Them: Yes, go to the Documents tab
Me: There's no Documents tab
Them: That's because your bio isn't scheduled yet
Me: What? You just told me it was
Them: Oh yeah sorry, it is. You can print it from the Documents tab
Me: OK thanks (waits for the letter in the mail)

I think they have multiple conversations going at once so I suppose we have to give them a break :)
Thank you, I am very grateful for your answer.

Hello everyone,
Update on my interview,
I had my interview today at 11:30 am. I went through security around 11:10 am and was told to go wait on the waiting area. Since I didn't have interview letter I told the staff member I was called for interview then he told he would let the officer know that I was there. After few moments officer came, he directed me towards his office and was told to sworn in. He asked me bunch of yes no questions from the form. Asked me which school I go to, what I'm majoring in and where do I want to work after my study. He also told you picked that call for good, and explained what the interview no show meant. And that was it. He then said I'm approving your case and give it up to 2-3 weeks to receive your card in mail. If I didn't receive anything until sep 15 , he told to give him a call. The interview duration was short, it was done before my actual interview starts. I didn't open my document file. Everything was real quick. Thank you for this forum for immense support and help. Thank you mom and everyone who has share their experience and provided information. I wish everyone good luck! I
Congratulations

I hope so.
Does anyone have experience with RFE?
If you get an RFE it will tell you what you need to submit. As you seem to know what the possible subject would be - proof of always maintaining status - I’d suggest you collect it and have it ready to return as soon as possible, in case what the officer has isn’t enough for her to decide without an RFE. (But of course read any RFE you may get thoroughly to ensure you’ve sent everything they ask for.)

As a reminder to others reading this, you should always take to the interview proof that you have maintained status at all times in the US. They need to see this because if you have ever fallen out of status it is a bar to adjustment.

Hello
I have question, I was in US from 2011-2015 I applied for OPT and did not get Job so I went back home for one year and half.then I came back 2017 as F2 and won DV 2021.
My Q is do the IO going to asked me about 2011-2015 ?! I was maintaining my status all time but I don't have OPT card and don't know where is it !

Hello
I have question, I was in US from 2011-2015 I applied for OPT and did not get Job so I went back home for one year and half.then I came back 2017 as F2 and won DV 2021.
My Q is do the IO going to asked me about 2011-2015 ?! I was maintaining my status all time but I don't have OPT card and don't know where is it !
Do you have the receipt or anything? Maybe your previous school has a copy of the documentations? Anything like a receipt number in your email communications from the time?

Yes I do have receipt number with info about issue date application number.
That should suffice. Shows when you applied, and when the card was issued. Ideally, you should have had the card, but I believe w/ that IO can figure it out.

PS: Try adding the receipt number into your my USCIC account. See if it shows the application's history. If so, IO will be able to confirm the same info w/ that receipt as well.

That should suffice. Shows when you applied, and when the card was issued. Ideally, you should have had the card, but I believe w/ that IO can figure it out.

PS: Try adding the receipt number into your my USCIC account. See if it shows the application's history. If so, IO will be able to confirm the same info w/ that receipt as well.
Yes it has all the information dates
good idea I will try it ...

Hello
If you left to avoid over stay you are good. In fact you did the right thing, OPT does not allow people to stay 3 months without working.