• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

@Sm1smom

Mom, I'd like to have your comments on these items in form I-944:

1. page 8, item #17 (I assume this is not applicable to me; so there's not a Y/N at all!)
2. page 11, item #25 (I assume this is not applicable to me; so there's not a Y/N at all!)
3. page 12. item#4.A. (as a Ph.D. student + research assistant (RA) + teaching assistant (TA) in my last year , what am I supposed to write here!?)

Thank you very much in advance.

1. #17 - you can select NO and move on
2. #25 - you can select NO and move on
3. #4.A - you can simply select NO and move or or refer to the instructions (below) for further guidance in figuring this out:

“Item Number 4. Occupational Skills. List any relevant occupational skills, including any certifications and licenses, when these were obtained, who issued the certification or license, license numbers, and expiration/renewal date. This includes but is not limited to workforce skills, training, licenses for specific occupations or professions, and certificates documenting mastery or apprenticeships in skilled trades or professions. If it is available, you must provide evidence of any training, licenses for specific occupations or professions, and certificates documenting mastery or apprenticeships in skilled trades or professions (if this evidence is unavailable, you should provide an explanation and, if possible, evidence of unavailability such as a letter from the issuing institution).”

I connected to live chat through Emma and told I am a DV selectee and it has been almost 5 months since I filed my case, still no interview letter and told I want to talk to a tier 2 agent. They submitted a request for this and they said a tier 2 officer will call me in 2 weeks. It was surprisingly easy, the last time I called the call center I waited for an hour and they didn't help with anything at all.

@Sm1smom When I get a call from tier 2 agent, should I request an InfoPass to talk about my name mistake and interview schedule? I want to use this opportunity in the best way I can but I don't know what to do. Thank you.

I connected to live chat through Emma and told I am a DV selectee and it has been almost 5 months since I filed my case, still no interview letter and told I want to talk to a tier 2 agent. They submitted a request for this and they said a tier 2 officer will call me in 2 weeks. It was surprisingly easy, the last time I called the call center I waited for an hour and they didn't help with anything at all.

@Sm1smom When I get a call from tier 2 agent, should I request an InfoPass to talk about my name mistake and interview schedule? I want to use this opportunity in the best way I can but I don't know what to do. Thank you.

My recommendation would be to focus on the interview. However use your discretion in deciding wether to talk about the name error (and what you’ve done to date to get it fixed) depending on how the conversation is going. The name error can always be fixed when you go in for the interview like I already told you in the past.

@gg96 so related to name issue- were they fine with it during the bio ?

Please let me know if they call you back. I did the same thing but it's been 11 days and I have not received a call from an agent yet. Thanks!

@gg96 so related to name issue- were they fine with it during the bio ?
They said I need to call the call center to fix that and I said I have already done it and I showed the response from my field office. They said it's fine. I asked if they can fix it now they said no but they added my correct name as a previously used name. You should try asking to correct your Date of birth during bio too because I think some officers do it.

Interview update:

Field office: Boston.

The field office was somehow empty.

We arrived in time, showed interview notice and the lady gave us a number and asked to wait for the officer.

Officer was a kind lady, she started with saying that we are the first DV case of FY2021.
She checked our passports, SSN card and driving licence.

Then she went through 485 forms and corrected couple of mistakes. She asked me about PhD program and my previous work. Also I gave her my latest enrolment verification. Then she asked the same questions from my wife and specificly about her education.

She asked us for documents that show we are living together. We showed car insurance and home lease.

For 944 she just asked if any thing has changed financially for us or not.

At the end she said that everything is set and we should be waiting for GCs soon.

On the way back our statues changed to ‘new car being produced”.

Thank you @Sm1smom.
And others for being a great community.

Interview update:

We arrived in time, showed interview notice and the lady gave us a number and asked to wait for the officer.

Officer was a kind lady, she started with saying that we are the first DV case of FY2021.

Then she went through 485 forms and corrected couple of mistakes. She asked me about PhD program and my previous work. Also I gave her my latest enrolment verification. Then she asked the same questions from my wife and specificly about her education.

She asked us for documents that show we are living together. We showed car insurance and home lease.

At the end she said that everything is set and we should be waiting for GCs soon.

Thank you @Sm1smom.

Great update. Congratulations.

Interview update:

Thank you @Sm1smom.

Congratulations! So happy for you! I'm in Boston too btw :)

Interview update:

Thank you @Sm1smom.
Hi congrats. It's great news. As a PhD student, I assume you are either a TA or RA. Did you also show any sponsor?