DV 2021 AOS Only

onero

Interview update:

Field office: Boston.

The field office was somehow empty.

We arrived in time, showed interview notice and the lady gave us a number and asked to wait for the officer.

Officer was a kind lady, she started with saying that we are the first DV case of FY2021.
She checked our passports, SSN card and driving licence.

Then she went through 485 forms and corrected couple of mistakes. She asked me about PhD program and my previous work. Also I gave her my latest enrolment verification. Then she asked the same questions from my wife and specificly about her education.

She asked us for documents that show we are living together. We showed car insurance and home lease.

For 944 she just asked if any thing has changed financially for us or not.

At the end she said that everything is set and we should be waiting for GCs soon.

On the way back our statues changed to ‘new car being produced”.

Thank you @Sm1smom.
And others for being a great community.
Hi congrats. It's great news. As a PhD student, I assume you are either a TA or RA. Did you also show any sponsor?

Jkarry

Hi Mom,
Need your expertise again. Our lawyer never used early AOS filing, and does not know.
Despite our hopes, we didn’t get current in April. Our E2 visa status ends on April 28. By that time May bulletin will get published. If we are current and apply for AOS before April 28, will we be ok or government says that we have no status to adjust, because we have no E2 status in May, despite the possibility of advance filing in April, when we have status.
Did you hear of similar situations ?
As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Hi Mom,
Need your expertise again. Our lawyer never used early AOS filing, and does not know.
Despite our hopes, we didn’t get current in April. Our E2 visa status ends on April 28. By that time May bulletin will get published. If we are current and apply for AOS before April 28, will we be ok or government says that we have no status to adjust, because we have no E2 status in May, despite the possibility of advance filing in April, when we have status.
Did you hear of similar situations ?
As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Previous response still applies. Replace Feb. 28th with April 28th as you read that post.

Worker2020

Hello friends,
I have two questions.
1) who could recommend a good translation firm which would do accurate documents translation for USCIS?
2)In Form I-485, did you provide tax return transcripts for the last 3 years? I know that I-944 needs only current year. But instructions of I 485 says 3 years, or I am not following something?:rolleyes:

Thanks.

I didn't have sponsor. I added my RA position as the employment.

Hey congratulations! super happy for you!

I have a question though if you don't mind. Ur the second F-1 visa applicant I see who has submitted an RA account. I'm an F-1 student too but still in school, what's this RA about? I appreciate the help :))

zeroboy

I have a question though if you don't mind. Ur the second F-1 visa applicant I see who has submitted an RA account. I'm an F-1 student too but still in school, what's this RA about? I appreciate the help :))
Thanks!

I have a contract with my PI, as a research assistant (RA) that I'm being paid for.

I attached this contract with other supporting documents with my package.

Khalila

How can I add my name to the timeline sheet of DV2021 , or only the administrator is allowed to add the information to that sheet?

ollie-o

I believe RA is short for "Resident Assistant", which is a type of job. You can find more information by searching "Resident Assistant" on Google :)

ollie-o

How can I add my name to the timeline sheet of DV2021 , or only the administrator is allowed to add the information to that sheet?

At the top of the sheet it says "THIS FILE IS IN A READ ONLY MODE IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS.
SEND AN ACCESS REQUEST (ONE TIME ONLY) IN ORDER TO ADD/UPDATE/EDIT YOUR TIMELINE"

onero

I believe RA is short for "Resident Assistant", which is a type of job. You can find more information by searching "Resident Assistant" on Google :)
Nope, it means research assistant. And TA is teaching assistant. In the USA, in general phd students are either RA or TA. It is a job for phd students, but not well paid. :) I was wondering if it affects the application. That's good that no need for looking a sponsorship.

Alnil

Hi , I am living in USA . and I got my DV Lottery for 2021 and my case no. is high is 62xxx . what are my chances if it became current in june or july

raphael1899

Hi , I am living in USA . and I got my DV Lottery for 2021 and my case no. is high is 62xxx . what are my chances if it became current in june or july

What's the region? And if you are asking because you are worried about how long it's going to take, I have heard/read about selectees who filed in August and got their GC before September 30. However, this is a very unpredictable year, so there's no way to tell for sure what's going to happen.

SusieQQQ

Nope, it means research assistant. And TA is teaching assistant. In the USA, in general phd students are either RA or TA. It is a job for phd students, but not well paid. :) I was wondering if it affects the application. That's good that no need for looking a sponsorship.
FYI There are indeed also “RAs” who are resident assistants/resident advisors in college dorms, usually undergraduate, but this is more for free accommodation rather than a salary and clearly is not what was meant by the use of RA/TAs in support of being able to show some income.

fauchc

Hello friends,
I have two questions.
1) who could recommend a good translation firm which would do accurate documents translation for USCIS?
2)In Form I-485, did you provide tax return transcripts for the last 3 years? I know that I-944 needs only current year. But instructions of I 485 says 3 years, or I am not following something?:rolleyes:

1. I have used rushtranslate and had a good experience.
2. Yes, I did provide tax return transcripts for the last 3 years.