• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Good evening everyone I just checked my mailbox and noticed USCIS returned my I-485 because I filled on outdated form and I’m kind of confused. Please I need help.

Oh, I just realized something. I asked something to KCC in August. First I received this auto reply and after 2 days I received the real response. Maybe same thing will happen. Is this KCC style?
Yes. Depending how busy they are the real reply may take shorter or longer.

Good evening everyone I just checked my mailbox and noticed USCIS returned my I-485 because I filled on outdated form and I’m kind of confused. Please I need help.

What is the date on the I-485 form you sent in and where did you download it from (I seem to recall you once referred someone to AILA’s website for the USCIS forms)?

What is the date on the I-485 form you sent in and where did you download it from (I seem to recall you once referred someone to AILA’s website for the USCIS forms)?
I downloaded it from AILA website because my friends own was rejected as he used the one due on the 10/31/2020

I downloaded it from AILA website because my friends own was rejected as he used the one due on the 10/31/2020

Well, you have no one but yourself to blame in this case. I clearly remember telling you USCIS is the official source and not AILA. I explained the fact that USCIS goes by the edition date at the bottom of the form and NOT the expiration date listed at the top. You opted to disregard that and did it your way. No single person I know of who downloaded the so called expired form from the USCIS’s website has reported their package being rejected.

Anyway you can still rectify the issue. Download the correct form and re-file. The only thing you’ve lost is a couple of months, and you’re fortunate there’s enough time left in the FY for you to re-file.

i have a question - i was selected in the DV 2021 lottery with 26ASXXXX. i currently work on a H1B visa in the US at company A - where there is likely to be a layoff - with my employment terminated by March 21st. if the layoff happens and I use the 60-day grace period before joining my new employer company B on April 26 - will that cause any issues for unauthorized stay in the US when I apply for AOS-based GC processing?

Hello all,
Interesting Discussion for AOS.
I feel and have heard that Visa Bulletin always becomes CURRENT during August and September so that selectees living in USA will get an opportunity to apply AOS and get interviewed.

Question: If that can happen can i early apply AOS in mid July?I have high case number for DV2021 like 9k Nepal.

I feel and have heard that Visa Bulletin always becomes CURRENT during August and September so that selectees living in USA will get an opportunity to apply AOS and get interviewed.
britsimonsays has the historical numbers on his website. Definitely not always especially in oversubscribed years.

Hi!
Two questions related to I 485
1)If parents died, we just leave the empty blank space or we are typing passed away or something like that?
2) if the most current employment outside of the United States was 6 years ago, should I still provide it where it asks about most recent employment outside of the United States for the last 5 years?

i have a question - i was selected in the DV 2021 lottery with 26ASXXXX. i currently work on a H1B visa in the US at company A - where there is likely to be a layoff - with my employment terminated by March 21st. if the layoff happens and I use the 60-day grace period before joining my new employer company B on April 26 - will that cause any issues for unauthorized stay in the US when I apply for AOS-based GC processing?

I don’t see an issue as long as you’re not filing AOS during that period because technically speaking, you have no status to adjust from in that period.

Hello all,
Interesting Discussion for AOS.

Question: If that can happen can i early apply AOS in mid July?I have high case number for DV2021 like 9k Nepal.

No, the VB does not always become current in August and September. And when it does, it is not just for selectees living in the US only, it is also applicable to those processing CP unless of course there’s some type of ban in place like we saw in DV2020.

If the VB were to go CURRENT in August for DV 2021 for instance (which I feel is unlikely), we will find out with the June VB, all selectees with high CN processing AOS will become eligible to file from when that VB comes out.

Hi!
Two questions related to I 485
1)If parents died, we just leave the empty blank space or we are typing passed away or something like that?
2) if the most current employment outside of the United States was 6 years ago, should I still provide it where it asks about most recent employment outside of the United States for the last 5 years?

1. Don't leave it blank. You can write 'DECEASED"
2. You can use your discretion on this.

just curious- had my bio today does the online status change to anything ?

Based on what I've seen, I think that after the background check is done it will say something like "We are ready to schedule an interview for this case" or something similar. May I ask when did you receive the bio appointment letter?

Based on what I've seen, I think that after the background check is done it will say something like "We are ready to schedule an interview for this case" or something similar. May I ask when did you receive the bio appointment letter?
exactly a month ago