• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

If you submit your AOS application within the 2 months before your case becomes current, does it put you ahead of the people who wait until the first day of the month that they are current? Like do they look at your application first.
And if not, what’s the advantage of submitting an application early compared to waiting to the first day of the month that the case becomes current
Well, a main advantage in not waiting is that it gives you extra time for your case to be adjudicated in a time-limited category. That is the actual rationale in allowing early filing for DV, which is not allowed for any other AOS category.

Hello,
If my case become current in April, can I do early filling like February? Is there any risk doing that? Or it is better to wait until your case become current.
Thank you for helping us!

Hello,
If my case become current in April, can I do early filling like February? Is there any risk doing that? Or it is better to wait until your case become current.
Thank you for helping us!

Yes you can. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for more information about early filing.

Yes you can. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for more information about early filing.
I am sorry if it s dumb question, but where I can find that document? Can you past the link it here.
Again thank you so much!

Hello all,

My online status changed to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”.
Do you guys know if this means that an interview will be scheduled shortly or could the process still take a while? Thank you

Reactions: TZ&
Hello all,

My online status changed to “case is ready to be scheduled for an interview”.
Do you guys know if this means that an interview will be scheduled shortly or could the process still take a while? Thank you

My status changed first to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview and then a little later the same day it changed to Interview was scheduled.

2 days later, I received Bio invitation and on a third day interview letter.

My status changed first to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview and then a little later the same day it changed to Interview was scheduled.

2 days later, I received Bio invitation and on a third day interview letter.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
I will keep monitoring my online page then, maybe it will change again today or tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted.

DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TILL YOU ARE 100 % SURE THAT YOU NUMBER WILL BE CURRENT , USUALLY THE VISA BULLETIN SHOWS THE NUMBER FOR 1 OR 2 MONTH AHEAD. WHEN YOU SEE THE NUMBER IN THE BULLETIN , SEND THE APPLICATION

DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TILL YOU ARE 100 % SURE THAT YOU NUMBER WILL BE CURRENT , USUALLY THE VISA BULLETIN SHOWS THE NUMBER FOR 1 OR 2 MONTH AHEAD. WHEN YOU SEE THE NUMBER IN THE BULLETIN , SEND THE APPLICATION

And your question with the above quote is?

Hello, I have a question in regards to the medical exam; is it required to submit it with my initial AOS package or can it be submitted during the interview? I am reading mixed messages on wether this needs to be included in the original AOS package or can be submitted at the time of my interview. Thank you!

Hello, I have a question in regards to the medical exam; is it required to submit it with my initial AOS package or can it be submitted during the interview? I am reading mixed messages on wether this needs to be included in the original AOS package or can be submitted at the time of my interview. Thank you!

Submitting the medical report with the AOS package is highly recommended, but doing so is not a must. You can choose to proceed as described above. As long as you’re aware doing so effectively removes the possibility of your AOS application being approved without an interview as the case file will be regarded as incomplete if the IO wants to use their discretion in issuing an approval without an interview. Yes DV based AOS applications can be approved without an interview. There’s also a very slight risk of the Chicago Lockbox considering the package as incomplete and subsequently sending it back (the Chicago Lockbox shouldn’t reject the package, but this has been known to happen).

@Sm1smom

Mom, I'd like to have your comments on these items in form I-944:

1. page 8, item #17 (I assume this is not applicable to me; so there's not a Y/N at all!)
2. page 11, item #25 (I assume this is not applicable to me; so there's not a Y/N at all!)
3. page 12. item#4.A. (as a Ph.D. student + research assistant (RA) + teaching assistant (TA) in my last year , what am I supposed to write here!?)

Thank you very much in advance.