• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello All,

I have issues with getting my online tax transcripts (I think they haven't put my information on the website yet).

Is there any other way to obtain it? if I can't get them in time what else should I put in the package instead of tax transcripts?

Hi,
I am currently in the us as an overstay tourist visa for less than 6months. The reason for my overstay is because I got married and my spouse is a US citizen. We are in the process of gathering all documents needed for filing for marriage based GC. I also found out I won the DV lottery 2021. How should I proceed in this case? Should I continue with the DV application (cn eu0035xx) or continue with my marriage based application even though for the second one the process might take longer? Is my DV non eligible since I have overstayed? What would be the best scenario in my case?
Thank you in advance for your advices!

Hi,
I am currently in the us as an overstay tourist visa for less than 6months. The reason for my overstay is because I got married and my spouse is a US citizen. We are in the process of gathering all documents needed for filing for marriage based GC. I also found out I won the DV lottery 2021. How should I proceed in this case? Should I continue with the DV application (cn eu0035xx) or continue with my marriage based application even though for the second one the process might take longer? Is my DV non eligible since I have overstayed? What would be the best scenario in my case?
Thank you in advance for your advices!

You’re not eligible to file a DV based AOS application since you’re currently out of status. Your only options are either process your DV selection via CP which requires you to depart from the US, or forget about the DV selection and file a marriage based AOS which allows your current overstay to get overlooked.

You’re not eligible to file a DV based AOS application since you’re currently out of status. Your only options are either process your DV selection via CP which requires you to depart from the US, or forget about the DV selection and file a marriage based AOS which allows your current overstay to get overlooked.

To add to this for clarity, although Linda13 is probably aware of the implications as she mentioned a less than 6 month overstay: if wanting to pursue DV overseas she would need to depart before 180 days overstay in order to avoid a ban. The 3-year ban resulting from a >180 days (<365days) overstay would obviously make successfully processing DV2021 impossible.

I filed for an in country E3 extension in May which was finally approved today September 1. As I understand it I am now back in Status and can proceed with my DS-260 and Adjustment of Status. My number is low and is already current OC and less than 100.

I plan to file my DS-260 this week. Do i need to wait any length of time between filing the DS-260 and the Adjustment of Status or can I go ahead with posting the Adjustment of Status as soon as I complete the medical exam and put together the package?

I filed for an in country E3 extension in May which was finally approved today September 1. As I understand it I am now back in Status and can proceed with my DS-260 and Adjustment of Status. My number is low and is already current OC and less than 100.

I plan to file my DS-260 this week. Do i need to wait any length of time between filing the DS-260 and the Adjustment of Status or can I go ahead with posting the Adjustment of Status as soon as I complete the medical exam and put together the package?

It'd be best to wait till 10/01 before filling for adjustment of status. There have been cases that were refused for filing before their fiscal years even begins, despite the early filing memo. At this stage you don't gain anything by filing early, as FO are still giving priority to DV20.

You should actually start by going through the AOS process spreadsheet - highly recommend you do that before proceeding any further. Pay attention to the AOS FAQ tab on it by the way.

It'd be best to wait till 10/01 before filling for adjustment of status. There have been cases that were refused for filing before their fiscal years even begins, despite the early filing memo. At this stage you don't gain anything by filing early, as FO are still giving priority to DV20.
Agree with xarthisius. You gain almost nothing by submitting early with such a low number and potentially risk a rejection.
Also note that with AOS they won’t necessarily schedule your interview soon just because you submitted early. A number of FOs batch their DV cases. Waiting a month to submit likely won’t materially affect when you interview.

Guys thanks for your help and support. I filled out the ds260 form (I will do it through AOS dv2021), tell me how to pay $ 330. The online system is not working at the moment.

Guys thanks for your help and support. I filled out the ds260 form (I will do it through AOS dv2021), tell me how to pay $ 330. The online system is not working at the moment.
There's no online system to pay DV fee. You need to mail it. You need to pay more attention to what's in the spread sheet.

hello mom,
I am looking forward to AOS. But i have few question refarding filling of DS-260 and I-485.
Firstly, I am an F-1 student and i finished my associate degree from a community college. I applied for an OPT(Optional Practical Training). I received a EAD(Employement Authorization) card which contains an Alien Registration(A- number) number. However, i never used it and never seeked employment using it. Instead I transferred into a 4 year university for my undergraduate program.
1.Ds-260: while filling it do i need to put my A-number?
2.I-485: This form has A-number on the top of every page. Do i put it in an old A-number or will i be issued a new one? Or how does it work for me?
I hope i have explained my question. Thank you so much mom.

hello mom,
I am looking forward to AOS. But i have few question refarding filling of DS-260 and I-485.
Firstly, I am an F-1 student and i finished my associate degree from a community college. I applied for an OPT(Optional Practical Training). I received a EAD(Employement Authorization) card which contains an Alien Registration(A- number) number. However, i never used it and never seeked employment using it. Instead I transferred into a 4 year university for my undergraduate program.
1.Ds-260: while filling it do i need to put my A-number?
2.I-485: This form has A-number on the top of every page. Do i put it in an old A-number or will i be issued a new one? Or how does it work for me?
I hope i have explained my question. Thank you so much mom.

1 & 2. You have to provide the A# on any form that has the A# field.

Hello,
I have been selected for the 2021dv, however I am in US at the moment with a B1/B2 visa, if my status is legal in the country can I do the interview here and just apply for AOS? or do I have to go back to my country?
Thank you in advance. Best!

Hi , i am employed through a staffing agency---> client site. The staffing agency is my employer and they pay my salary. In this case ,for the employment letter, is the staffing agency letter suffiecient or do i need to still get a letter for my client too.

Hello,
I have been selected for the 2021dv, however I am in US at the moment with a B1/B2 visa, if my status is legal in the country can I do the interview here and just apply for AOS? or do I have to go back to my country?
Thank you in advance. Best!

Ability to process AOS will depend of when your CN becomes current and if you'll still be in authorized stay as at the time the CN becomes current.

When you did enter the US by the way?

Hi , i am employed through a staffing agency---> client site. The staffing agency is my employer and they pay my salary. In this case ,for the employment letter, is the staffing agency letter suffiecient or do i need to still get a letter for my client too.

Staffing agency is your employer, the letter should come from them.

Ability to process AOS will depend of when your CN becomes current and if you'll still be in authorized stay as at the time the CN becomes current.

When you did enter the US by the way?
Thank you for getting back to me. I did enter last Nov, have applied for extension and fingerprints have already been taken.