• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

You can have all your degrees evaluated in one document over email by fis-web.com
It costs you $190 and takes around 2 weeks.
Hi @2020AS00011xxx
I just checked the website for degree evaluation; however, there are three types of evaluation available on the website: 1) Basic Report - Document by Document, 2) Basic Report plus GPA - Modified Document by Document, and 3) Comprehensive Report - Course by Course. Can you please let me know which option do we have to select?

Is your CN now current?

You may send in the AOS package without the 2NL, if it is delayed. The 2NL can be taken along to the interview.

Yes my CN is current. I got married recently and I added my husband in the case in DS-260. Therefore, I thought having 2NL would be good as a proof of my marital status change while filing i-485. What do you think? Does it necessary in the package or are they going to question my marriage during the interview? Thanks!

Yes my CN is current. I got married recently and I added my husband in the case in DS-260. Therefore, I thought having 2NL would be good as a proof of my marital status change while filing i-485. What do you think? Does it necessary in the package or are they going to question my marriage during the interview? Thanks!

Yes, your marriage is very likely to be questioned as it took place after selection. What is your and your husband’s current status?

Thank you so much, I highly appreciate your effort to answer all questions.
I already read the memo (spreadsheet), FAQ, and all questions on this forum, but I need your answer here to make sure I am doing it correctly.
My number is @2020AS000018xx
The current Visa Bulletin is:
B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER
Asia 1600
C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER
Asia 2800
Can I safely (without any risk) submit my AOS application on October 1st?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I already read the memo (spreadsheet), FAQ, and all questions on this forum, but I need your answer here to make sure I am doing it correctly.
Asia 1600
C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER
Asia 2800
Thank you.

You read the memo, you read the AOS process spreadsheet, you read the FAQ section of the spreadsheet and the detailed explanation there regarding the pros and cons of early filing, you've read all the questions in this forum, and you still want someone to unequivocally tell you if you can safely and without any risk take advantage of early filing??? *smh*

Hi @2020AS00011xxx
I just checked the website for degree evaluation; however, there are three types of evaluation available on the website: 1) Basic Report - Document by Document, 2) Basic Report plus GPA - Modified Document by Document, and 3) Comprehensive Report - Course by Course. Can you please let me know which option do we have to select?

Hi, I am dv2021 selectee too. I have asked for a basic report. I figured this is what we need.

Asia 1600
Asia 2800
Thank you.

I am on the same boat ..am going ahead with the early filing options..as mom said its your own risk though ..so its up to you

FYi this is wht it says on the USCIS website
"Section C contains a chart showing the Diversity Immigrant category rank cut-offs for the following month, which represents the advance notification of Diversity Immigrant visa availability. As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This gives USCIS additional time to determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year. "

source : https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gr...-through-the-diversity-immigrant-visa-program

Last edited:
It all depends on how backed up USCIS is. You may be able expedite the EAD process by reason of job loss/job offer.

No, there’s no cap-gap option. You stop working when you OPT expires until you get the AOS based EAD.

Thank you for the quick reply and information @Sm1smom! Do you know how I would go about expediting the EAD process? Would I need a lawyer or could I simply call USCIS and explain my situation?

Thank you for the quick reply and information @Sm1smom! Do you know how I would go about expediting the EAD process? Would I need a lawyer or could I simply call USCIS and explain my situation?

"You can generally request expedited processing by contacting the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY for the deaf, hard of hearing, or those having a speech disability: 1-800-767-1833) after you have obtained a receipt notice. The USCIS Contact Center will not be able to refer the expedite request to the appropriate office without a receipt number. When you call to request expedited processing, the USCIS Contact Center creates and forwards a service request to the office with jurisdiction over your application or petition.

After receiving the service request, the reviewing office may request additional documentation to support expedited processing. A decision on an expedite request is not an approval or a denial of the underlying benefit request. The expedite decision simply informs the requestor whether USCIS will take the benefit request out of date order and issue a decision (approval or denial) faster than the normal processing time"

How To Make an Expedite Request

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very very much for your great service!
My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

We have just got sealed i-693 forms (for me and my wife), however Civil Surgeon refused to give us the copy of the forms. We showed him instruction stating that he should give us a copy, however he still refused. He argued that he has many clients and he never did copies for them. What should we do in this case. Will it be okay not to have a copy of i-693? Can our case be rejected because of that? Thank you very much for your advice.

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very very much for your great service!
My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

We have just got sealed i-693 forms (for me and my wife), however Civil Surgeon refused to give us the copy of the forms. We showed him instruction stating that he should give us a copy, however he still refused. He argued that he has many clients and he never did copies for them. What should we do in this case. Will it be okay not to have a copy of i-693? Can our case be rejected because of that? Thank you very much for your advice.

The copy is basically for your personal records, your case will not be denied on the basis of not having be given a copy of the medical report. The CS is supposed to give you that copy.

You have two options:
you can either let it go (knowing not having a copy of that report does not impact your processing);​
or threaten to report him to USCIS for "failure to fulfill other responsibilities of a civil surgeon consistently or intentionally" which is one of the grounds for CS designation revocation and see if that threat will move him to give you your copy.​

Dear Mom,

Thank you very much for your very informative reply. Then, no problem, we do not have time now to deal with CS about it. Though it is a good lesson to other people to ask in advance if CS gives the copy. We like everything in our CS except this.

Thank you as always, we appreciate your great service for us! Have a great evening!

Hi, have you read the spreadsheet on the front page, about the AOS process? (I’m thinking not, judging by what you’ve said?) Your case number is not current for filing for October anyway, it’s only to EU2500.

When would EU61XX potentially become current, judging by the increments in which number become current in visa bulletins? I'm still debating on whether/when I should use premium processing.

Thank you and happy Friday!:)
Maya

Hi guys,

1. When I write my case number on the cashier check and on the form that I have to include with the payment, should I write all the zeros before the actual number or is this no necessary?

2. My personal checks have my old address printed on them. Can I just cross it and handwrite my new address or should I order new checks?

Thank you

Hi guys,

1. When I write my case number on the cashier check and on the form that I have to include with the payment, should I write all the zeros before the actual number or is this no necessary?

2. My personal checks have my old address printed on them. Can I just cross it and handwrite my new address or should I order new checks?

Thank you
1. write the full case number
2. Instructions says it should be a Cashier's check or money order, so I would use one of those options ( But last year there were some reported cases that they use personal checks)