• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1.On the USCIS website it says the medical should be signed no later than 60 days prior to the filing date. Does filing date refer to the post marked date or the date that it gets delivered to USCIS or the date we get the acceptance email

2. I was thinking of doing early filing , however i was checking the visa bulletin , it shows the follwing month cutoff numbers but does not say (ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN XXXXX) . Is early filing still accepted?

Thank you

Last edited:
1.On the USCIS website it says the medical should be signed no later than 60 days prior to the filing date. Does filing date refer to the post marked date or the date that it gets delivered to USCIS or the date we get the acceptance email

2. I was thinking of doing early filing , however i was checking the visa bulletin , it shows the follwing month cutoff numbers but does not say (ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN XXXXX) . Is early filing still accepted?

Thank you

1. The date USCIS formally accepts the package (which is different from the date the package gets delivered by courier or USPS).

2. They mean the same thing. I recommend you take another look at the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet with regards to your early filing plan.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know the process to obtain my tax transcripts as an F-1 student. I don't have an SSN or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). I have searched the IRS website but I don't see any information regarding how international students can obtain their tax transcripts. I guess it's a pretty rare request which is why information seems to be lacking.

I heard about Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return but even that requires an SSN or ITIN to be filled out. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know the process to obtain my tax transcripts as an F-1 student. I don't have an SSN or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). I have searched the IRS website but I don't see any information regarding how international students can obtain their tax transcripts. I guess it's a pretty rare request which is why information seems to be lacking.

I heard about Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return but even that requires an SSN or ITIN to be filled out. Thank you.
If you haven't filed tax for the previous year, you don't have a tax transcript. You may include a note in your package. But since you don't have a SSN they will understand it. But read this Post.

If you haven't filed tax for the previous year, you don't have a tax transcript. You may include a note in your package. But since you don't have a SSN they will understand it.

I have filed Tax since 2017. I came to study in the U.S in 2016. So, there should be three transcript record at IRS for 2017, 2018 and 2019.

How have you been filing your taxes if you have no SSN or ITIN?

If you were physically in the U.S. in F or J status anytime between January 1 - December 31, 2019 you're obligated to send one form, Form 8843, to the U.S. tax agency IRS (Internal Revenue Service), even if you had no income.

IRS Form 8843 is a tax form used be foreign nationals to document the number of days spent outside of the U.S. and help determine tax responsibility. All F-1/J-1 foreign national (and their F-2/J-2 dependents) who are non-residents for tax purposes are required to file Form 8843.

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and I am grateful for the google sheet information. I am currently on F-1 status. I have taken internships for school credits. My team and I are working under supervision of local companies. These internships are unpaid so I assume it is not an employment. I did not have OPT or CPT when I took those internships. My question is if I am still eligible for applying AOS in my situation?

If you were physically in the U.S. in F or J status anytime between January 1 - December 31, 2019 you're obligated to send one form, Form 8843, to the U.S. tax agency IRS (Internal Revenue Service), even if you had no income.

IRS Form 8843 is a tax form used be foreign nationals to document the number of days spent outside of the U.S. and help determine tax responsibility. All F-1/J-1 foreign national (and their F-2/J-2 dependents) who are non-residents for tax purposes are required to file Form 8843.
Filling the 8843 is not same as filing the income tax. Yes, any F1 student is required to file 8843 regardless of your income. It just to confirm that you were present in US as a non-resident in the previous year. (And this will track your substantial presence in US, that's why after 5 years, F1 student can file tax as a resident.). So, since you never filed an income tax in previous years you don't have a tax transcript.

Form 8843 is NOT an income tax filing. It is simply an informational statement required by the IRS for nonresidents for tax purposes. You cannot get a tax transcripts based off of that.

Gotcha! I'll just bring them for the interview just in case.. I better be over-prepared than under-prepared! Thank you

The 8843 cannot be used to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge, which is the purpose the IRS tax transcripts is meant to serve.

The 8843 cannot be used to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge, which is the purpose the IRS tax transcripts is meant to serve.

So, if I'm asked, I can just inform the FO that I was a student and I did not earn income. So I have no tax records.

1. The date USCIS formally accepts the package (which is different from the date the package gets delivered by courier or USPS).

2. They mean the same thing. I recommend you take another look at the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet with regards to your early filing plan.

Hi mom - i read through the early filing in FAQ - thanks for the valuable information!.....I was thinking in order to avoid the FO erroneously denying the case.. would it be okay to maybe send a copy of the USCIS site that states that AOS petition can be filed early....also i dont want to over send documents to them either :)

Hi mom - i read through the early filing in FAQ - thanks for the valuable information!.....I was thinking in order to avoid the FO erroneously denying the case.. would it be okay to maybe send a copy of the USCIS site that states that AOS petition can be filed early....also i dont want to over send documents to them either :)

The risk is still there regardless.

Hi guys,

I still have a doubt on a possible DS-2019 extension after the AOS submission.
If my sponsor will agree to extend it, will this be in conflict with my AOS application or it doesn’t matter?

Hi,
I am in US on L1B, won a lottery and have sufficient income for my family.

1. I tried to find form I-944 dicrectly on USCIS web site, but I can't find it there. Basically search doesn't return any results. I still can find this form through google, but it looks like links to it were removed from USCIS web site. Should I file this I-944 with my i-485?

2. Also, what evidence should I provide for my wife for declaration of self sufficiency? She has EAD, but doesn't work because I make enough money and we have 3 kids. Should I write I-134 for her?

3. The same for each child, how should we file this declaration of self sufficiency or provide I-134?

4. What is an employment letter? If I don't want my employer to know, that I am filing i-485, can I provide copy of my work agreement? Or should I just ask for employment letter but do not provide details, why I need it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 11.53.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 11.53.37 AM.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 16