• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I have a few more questions :)

1) I believe the USCIS number on my husband's EAD is his Alien Number, is this correct?
2) On my E3 Visa, I have a red number starting with N and then 7 numbers on the bottom right. Is that also an Alien Number? I didn't think E3'ers had one..
3) Will I need to include my employment verification letter as relating to my current employment on my E3?
4) My husband was arrested and charges dropped in Australia some years back. He has the certified court documents. Does he also require an Australian police check? (he should be receiving it in the next few days anyway but just wanted to check if needed).

thank you!

I have a few more questions :)

1) I believe the USCIS number on my husband's EAD is his Alien Number, is this correct?
2) On my E3 Visa, I have a red number starting with N and then 7 numbers on the bottom right. Is that also an Alien Number? I didn't think E3'ers had one..
3) Will I need to include my employment verification letter as relating to my current employment on my E3?
4) My husband was arrested and charges dropped in Australia some years back. He has the certified court documents. Does he also require an Australian police check? (he should be receiving it in the next few days anyway but just wanted to check if needed).

thank you!
1. Yes for your husband.
2. No for you.
3. It is not a matter of "needing" - You include whatever document you feel can help demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public change. If you feel the employment letter or employment verification letter is unnecessary in your case, don't include it.
4. Take a look at the I-485 Instruction form for what he needs to submit.

1. Yes for your husband.
2. No for you.
3. It is not a matter of "needing" - You include whatever document you feel can help demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public change. If you feel the employment letter or employment verification letter is unnecessary in your case, don't include it.
4. Take a look at the I-485 Instruction form for what he needs to submit.
great! thank you thank youuuu! :)

Hi, I have a same problem. I am looking forward to submitting by July 1st or 2nd [that's when my confirmation number is current] and I am waiting for the receipt.
05/21/2021 DV Fee sent
05/26/2021 DV Fee cashed
06/21/2021 Still waiting
They cashed the check immediately, but not sure to why they are taking so long to just send a receipt. It's frustrating.
Same for me. Sent on the dame day 05/21 and still waiting. Dont know what to do

@Sm1smom
Mom, with all respect this is what I got from Emma live agent last week. You mean it's unusual? (or maybe wrong information they provided!?)
Same here, live agent said my application is at Philly's field office but no biometrics appt yet:( As Mom said it basically does not give us much information now...

For the umpteenth time, you guys need to stop placing much emphasis on whatever a Tier 1 rep (either via phone call or EMMA) says regarding status or process timeline. USCIS fully acknowledges those folks basically regurgitate the response they provide:
"Tier 1 – Tier 1 is the first level of live assistance. Tier 1 staff members, who are contract employees, provide basic case-specific and general non-case-specific information. These responses follow a formatted script."

Assembling my package:
Should i put cover letter 1st or G1145?
I clipped all my documents with G1145 on top, then I put cover letter and early filling memo on top, not clipped to docs. That's because AFAIK they discard your cover letter and do not upload that into the system.

Another two questions guys :)

1) Do you need to have photocopies such as marriage cert, birth cert, high school cert, diplomas etc NOTARIZED for the package? Or just regular photocopies are OK? I will be bringing all originals to the interview.
2) My husband is on an E3D and therefore has an i-797 from when he applied for his EAD (currently expired). Does he need to include this in the package? Or is that only for employment based GC application..

thanks!

EDITED - added 2)

Last edited:
Another two questions guys :)

1) Do you need to have photocopies such as marriage cert, birth cert, high school cert, diplomas etc NOTARIZED for the package? Or just regular photocopies are OK? I will be bringing all originals to the interview.
2) My husband is on an E3D and therefore has an i-797 from when he applied for his EAD (currently expired). Does he need to include this in the package? Or is that only for employment based GC application..

thanks!

EDITED - added 2)
1. Photo copies
2. You really need to take a closer look at the AOS process spreadsheet.

1. Photo copies
2. You really need to take a closer look at the AOS process spreadsheet.
Thanks. I'm reading it over and over and I assumed yes to number 2 because I saw it on the spreadsheet but I wanted to double check that just to be sure!

For the umpteenth time, you guys need to stop placing much emphasis on whatever a Tier 1 rep (either via phone call or EMMA) says regarding status or process timeline. USCIS fully acknowledges those folks basically regurgitate the response they provide:
"Tier 1 – Tier 1 is the first level of live assistance. Tier 1 staff members, who are contract employees, provide basic case-specific and general non-case-specific information. These responses follow a formatted script."
Fully agree on this - while i was waiting for my bio ..1 agent said my file was in NBC ..while another said its in field office ...they just BS their way out when you call. I remember once ..i called them to ask about my bio ..the lady put me on hold for few minutes and said she called the field office to see if my bio is scheduled LOL ..the extent they go to get you off the line is crazy !....If you really want to know what happening ..a tier2 is the best option ..they will exactly say whats happening

Hello,

A week ago I’ve been approved and my green card has been delivered last Thursday 06/17 at my address.

I’d like to thank Sm1smom and all the moderators that are helping us through this process and I wish you guys more blessings for everything the team is doing.
I’d still be around, trying to go to the next step that is the citizenship

Thank you again for helping us go through that stressful process!
Congratulations and thank you for the wishes!

Hello All,
My spouse is the winner of the DV21 and she has been receiving unemployment benefits and its been months since she stopped working due to COVID. She takes care of our son while I work to provide for the family.
1. Will her work status affect our approval odds?