• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

F1 is usually D/S. The answer to an authorized stay question for someone on a non immigrant visa can never be N/A.
Thank you. So we are supposed to put D/S instead of N/A for these items? Are there any F1 here in this forum, who have already submitted the AoS package, and got accepted? I want to know what they have included for the items.

Thank you. So we are supposed to put D/S instead of N/A for these items? Are there any F1 here in this forum, who have already submitted the AoS package, and got accepted? I want to know what they have included for the items.
I am also F1. Put D/S for the expiration date. Yesterday I received the acceptance text. So there should not be any problem with mentioning D/S.

I am also F1. Put D/S for the expiration date. Yesterday I received the acceptance text. So there should not be any problem with mentioning D/S.
Thank you, I will put D/S for 23.b. Can you please let me know what we should put for Part 1, item 23.c (status of form i-94)? And, where can I find the info?

In i-485, Part 2, items 3 and 4 ask for receipt no. and priority date of underlying petition respectively (if any). How can we have a receipt no. if we have not sent the AOS package? Is it N/A for both questions?

When does NBC actually send applications to field office. I talked to tier 1 agent today and they say my case is still at the service center and within the normal processing time. I did request tier 2 but i thought at this point my case would have been forwarded to FO.
AOS delivery 03/25
fingerprint fee received 04/30
NOA 05/06
Cleveland FO
Usually, the NBC forwards the AOS case file to the FO as soon as they schedule the bio, it may occasionally take a bit longer for some.

Your case however is not a typical DV based AOS case though. Considering your case was officially accepted on 5/2, you technically cannot count your case as pending since 3/25 (even though that is when the package was delivered). There is also the fact you filed the I-824 FTJ form with your package, which is not the norm for DV based AOS filing. That may explain any unusual additional delay you experience with your case.

In i-485, Part 2, items 3 and 4 ask for receipt no. and priority date of underlying petition respectively (if any). How can we have a receipt no. if we have not sent the AOS package? Is it N/A for both questions?
There is no underlying petition or receipt number associated with a DV based AOS application, and USCIS is not expecting you to have one in that case. You need to remember the I-485 is not for DV based AOS applications alone.

Usually, the NBC forwards the AOS case file to the FO as soon as they schedule the bio, it may occasionally take a bit longer for some.

Your case however is not a typical DV based AOS case though. Considering your case was officially accepted on 5/2, you technically cannot count your case as pending since 3/25 (even though that is when the package was delivered). There is also the fact you filed the I-824 FTJ form with your package, which is not the norm for DV based AOS filing. That may explain any unusual additional delay you experience with your case.
@Sm1smom
Mom, with all respect this is what I got from Emma live agent last week. You mean it's unusual? (or maybe wrong information they provided!?)

Attachments

• photo_2021-06-21_11-58-35.jpg
    photo_2021-06-21_11-58-35.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 66
My AOS package was delivered by Fedex in a small box to the Chicago lockbox and signed for by J Harper on 2nd June 2021. I've still not received any news on acceptance or payment for $1225 being cashed. From the sheet it looks like others who's packages reached after me already received acceptances. I'm starting to get worried - are there any suggestions on anything else I can do to see what's going on?
Same here. My FedEx package was delivered on June 2 and signed by J Harper. No news yet. My guess is there may be several employees working at the lockbox and maybe one of them has still not processed the files. Let wait for another week and then get worried :)

Thanks mom. i have been thinking of the I-824 being the possibility of the delay.

@Sm1smom
Mom, with all respect this is what I got from Emma live agent last week. You mean it's unusual? (or maybe wrong information they provided!?)
Neither unusual nor wrong. The NBC already captured your information prior to sending the case file to the FO. Just take a look at the Lockbox_NBC_FO tab of the AOS spreadsheet please.