• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

04/10/2021 sent check 660
04/20/2021 check was cashed said my bank statement
04/26/2021 2NL received
04/27/2021 received results Medical All is Ok for my son and me
Waiting for the invoice SASE env
I 485 forms are ready
1 - Should file? or wait for the invoice?
2- My son who is doing courses for air Pilot last month did his finger prints with good results from Homeland. Should do again?
Thank you Mom , Susie and Simon without your help I would be in the moon

Yes I am going to file AOS but wrote to my Embassy letting them to know just in case the file is already there Thank you SusieQQQ
Did you or did you not inform KCC of your plan to switch to AOS? Did KCC inform you your case file has been sent to the embassy?

My visa, which is linked to my job (J1) will expire 2 weeks after my interview. Would it be wise to have my employer write a letter where he says that he still wants me as an employee after that date? I’m asking because I’m afraid that the IO might think that I will be without a job after my visa expires.

Maybe I am overthinking, but I want to make sure that my case will be approved as as soon as possible. Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you
You employer can issue you with a job offer letter if they genuinely plan on keeping you on.

04/10/2021 sent check 660
04/20/2021 check was cashed said my bank statement
04/26/2021 2NL received
04/27/2021 received results Medical All is Ok for my son and me
Waiting for the invoice SASE env
I 485 forms are ready
1 - Should file? or wait for the invoice?
2- My son who is doing courses for air Pilot last month did his finger prints with good results from Homeland. Should do again?
Thank you Mom , Susie and Simon without your help I would be in the moon
1. Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.
2. USCIS will make the determination (which most likely will be a yes).

Did you or did you not inform KCC of your plan to switch to AOS? Did KCC inform you your case file has been sent to the embassy?
I informed KCC to switch to AOS and they send me the 2NL. I sent another email asking please to unlock DS 260 to update my address , I did nt know that is was not necessary after I read your recommendation. Then I received this email.
But when I ask CEAC my CN it says It is in NVC

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-27 at 10.24.53 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-27 at 10.24.53 PM.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hello Mom,

1. Can I write one personal check of $1225 for both Form I-485 and biometric?
2. Out of all the documents included in my AOS package only Form I-485 needs to be signed on page 15 below the Applicants Signature. right?
3. I can sign on behalf of my kids under 14 years of age and I am a preparer. In this case, I need to sign twice. On behalf of my child and as the preparer. Correct?

Thank you so much!

I informed KCC to switch to AOS and they send me the 2NL. I sent another email asking please to unlock DS 260 to update my address , I did nt know that is was not necessary after I read your recommendation. Then I received this email.
How come you didn’t inform KCC you wish to switch over to AOS which you already knew you were planning on doing all these while? You waited until we’ll into April to inform them and you had already submitted your documents, well KCC had already moved ahead getting your case ready for a CP interview. Did you request for your DS260 form to be unlocked, or you informed them you’re now in the US and wish to switch to AOS?

Hello Mom,

1. Can I write one personal check of $1225 for both Form I-485 and biometric?
2. Out of all the documents included in my AOS package only Form I-485 needs to be signed on page 15 below the Applicants Signature. right?
3. I can sign on behalf of my kids under 14 years of age and I am a preparer. In this case, I need to sign twice. On behalf of my child and as the preparer. Correct?

Thank you so much!
1. Yes, one check per applicant.
2. I don’t know, I’m not reviewing the forms to cross check this. You should be able to figure this out on your own.
3. Yes.

How come you didn’t inform KCC you wish to switch over to AOS which you already knew you were planning on doing all these while? You waited until we’ll into April to inform them and you had already submitted your documents, well KCC had already moved ahead getting your case ready for a CP interview. Did you request for your DS260 form to be unlocked, or you informed them you’re now in the US and wish to switch to AOS?
Yes, I informed I was switching to AOS and then I received the 2NL. Then I asked please to unlock to update my address in USA and I received that last email I have published. But when I ask status of my case in CEAC it says my CN is in NVC. I will be Current in June.
1- Is this a bad situation? I sent an email to my Embassy just in case they have my file, please consider to send back to the Field Office in order to complete AOS but only an electronic message answered.
2- What should I do? I have written two checks 1,225 each but did nt send not yet waiting for the invoice.

Last edited:
I did inform but a little late. Oh now I will not sleep I am so worried now. Thank you !

Hi, Mom.
I have almost everything listed in AOS package except the 2NL, even though I filed my DS260 On October.
in such scenario what should I do? wait for it when it comes I bring it to the Interview Or I should contact KCC for it?
thanks a million.

Hello Mom! Thank you for organizing such a helpful forum:)
Here we have some questions:
1) our number became current in June, does this mean that our documents will not be processed before June? Or is it possible to send documents earlier, in May?
2) we have a student visa until 23, but the course ends in May 21. What is the best way for us to maintain status, get OPT or enroll in additional courses? Which option does not call the officer's questions?
3) we did not have any income during our stay in the United States, and did not work. Do we have to submit a tax return even in the absence of income, etc.? And if we did not submit, how can we replace financial documents? What documents we must confirm the financial condition. Can we indicate the property that is located in the home country.

Thank you so much!:)

Maybe they are trying to say that I can change the address in the interview?. My case is still in NVC Sorry for the confusion

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-28 at 12.10.39 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-28 at 12.10.39 AM.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 29
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-04-28 at 12.28.25 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-28 at 12.28.25 AM.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 28
hi @Sm1smom,
If your name is changed at age under one year old (like ten months), do you need to provide it in i-576 and ds160? In those they are asking for names that you used (like nickname, religious, etc), but in i-485 it is asking for name at birth directly. Am I right?

But when I ask CEAC my CN it says It is in NVC
Yes, there was no need to request the DS260 unlock for address update if you already got the AOS 2NL after informing KCC of your processing change. You probably got that other response which I think is generic since all the CNs are now current and KCC doesn’t want to be bothered with unlock requests again.

Hi, Mom.
I have almost everything listed in AOS package except the 2NL, even though I filed my DS260 On October.
in such scenario what should I do? wait for it when it comes I bring it to the Interview Or I should contact KCC for it?
thanks a million.
Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet, detailed answers to these two questions and many more common questions are listed there.