• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

If your friend is properly fluent in both languages and happy to certify to that effect, sure.

the suggested format for certification is usually

I, [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in English and [foreign language], and that the above/attached document is a complete and accurate translation of the document attached entitled [name of document].

Signature_________________________________
[Date] [Typed Name] [Address]
I appreciate the sample letter. And I assume there is no problem if the person is not US based (non-US address)?

1. if i am using G1450 to pay the fees, is it better to fill 2 separate forms
2. my last visa was issued in an expired passport. I have a copy of the visa, but not the passport since i had to return it once issued a new one (my country's law). do you think this is a problem

Thank you always for your help and advise.

Hi,

Do we need to fill two DS 260 forms for the main applicant and the derivative?
If yes 1619566054329.png what to put here for the derivative?

Thank you

1. If the case is already being expedited based on the expedite you raised on 4/7, why will you raise another expedite request again? This is one of the reasons why it becomes more and more difficult to contact the FOs - people abusing the process.
2. Not necessarily - the name probably got shortened because the characters are more than the space available of the GC. It is not unusual for this to happen when the characters are too long.
3.USCIS wouldn't consider the shortened characters a "USCIS error" based on 2 above.
Thank you for the clarification.

This is actually the reason, why I decided to ask here before doing anything because I don't want to abuse the process, but at the same time, I might lose a job offer, if I am not approved till May 10. So I am trying to be proactive and make sure, that I have done everything that I could to get approved before this date.

1. if i am using G1450 to pay the fees, is it better to fill 2 separate forms
2. my last visa was issued in an expired passport. I have a copy of the visa, but not the passport since i had to return it once issued a new one (my country's law). do you think this is a problem

Thank you always for your help and advise.
1. Are you filing for two people? If yes, each package should have it's own G1450.
2. No problem in that case

Thank you for the clarification.

This is actually the reason, why I decided to ask here before doing anything because I don't want to abuse the process, but at the same time, I might lose a job offer, if I am not approved till May 10. So I am trying to be proactive and make sure, that I have done everything that I could to get approved before this date.
Well, the fact of the matter is no amount of expedited requests will lead to an approval if the background check clearance is pending. Yes you may loose a new job offer (which will suck should that happen), at the same time you simply have to allow the process to take its course. DV based AOS applications already get fast-tracked and expedited compared to a family based or employment based AOS application.

1. Are you filing for two people? If yes, each package should have it's own G1450.
2. No problem in that case
No, just me. I meant one form for I 485 fee and the other for biometrics fee. Or should I fill just one form for both fees

if KCC already forwarded your case file to your applicable home embassy ( you will need to work with the embassy to get your case file transferred back to the FO in order to complete the AOS process. And once you make the DV administrative fee payment here in the US, that payment is non-refundable should you decide to continue with CP.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but for those who chose early filing, did you add some kind of note or document to say "lockbox employees: please don't reject my package! DV applicants are allowed to file early; here is the official law about it..."

I tried looking on the spreadsheet for examples of how you could phrase such a note but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but for those who chose early filing, did you add some kind of note or document to say "lockbox employees: please don't reject my package! DV applicants are allowed to file early; here is the official law about it..."

I tried looking on the spreadsheet for examples of how you could phrase such a note but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure there's something in there about including the actual early filing memo. In any case that's what I did. I printed the whole thing and included a copy, and then used the template cover letter, which refers to the memo.

Thanks!
- Cover letter (mention in your cover letter that you're early filing based on ...)
- Policy memo (include a copy)
- Visa Availability Section from USCIS website (include a print of that page as well)

Thanks!
Look for it againg, it is in the spreadsheet. There is the memo and the link to add the VB

My visa, which is linked to my job (J1) will expire 2 weeks after my interview. Would it be wise to have my employer write a letter where he says that he still wants me as an employee after that date? I’m asking because I’m afraid that the IO might think that I will be without a job after my visa expires.

Maybe I am overthinking, but I want to make sure that my case will be approved as as soon as possible. Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you