• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thank you for your response. I forgot to mentioned that I have emailed kcc about wanting to change from cp to aos. I havenot heard back from them yet.
Thank you for your help.
When did you email them about it? I am also waiting to hear back or for them to cash my check

Hi,

I have a question regarding work experience requirements.
Since I am not sure if my IGCSE is equivalent to what Susie stated below, I am thinking to also prepare documents for work experience qualifications for the interview, such as; (copy and paste from Britsimonsays' blog)
  1. The print out from of the job to which I am aligning my experience.
  2. Employment letters such as job offers, promotion letters and so on.
  3. Letters (preferably notarized) from current and former managers, colleagues and so on.
  4. A description of your day to day duties in the roles covering a minimum of 2 years.
  5. Details of any vocational training or education that supports you in your job.
  6. Examples of work product if possible/applicable.
In addition, I will also include my Associate's and Bachelor's degree that I get from graduating in the US in the AOS package.

My question is, if I am going to take this route,
1) For the AOS package, do I need to submit additional documents for the Employment Documents aside from employment verification and SSN?

FYI this is the wording in the manual that the consulates use (bold added for emphasis, and a reminder that in the US ”college” means “university” for undergrad and does not carry the vocational implications it has in some other countries)

At Least a High School Education or its Equivalent” Means Successful Completion of at least a:

(a) (U) Twelve-year course of elementary and secondary study in the United States; or

(b) (U) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States. Because a United States high school education is sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission, in order for a foreign education to be equivalent to a United States education, it should be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education. Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to United States high school education.

I waited to make appointments for the medical exam until I knew for sure as advised before but now we have to wait for 2 weeks because we just received the COVID vaccines (apparently, you can't mix COVID vaccine with other vaccines). With that and the appointment availability, my medical appointment is on May 15th and the exam result 5 business days later. Should I try to get an earlier appointment? I called all other locations in town and all of them did not accept insurance (except the one I made an appointment with) and would charge over $600 per person. Should I take a day off work and find another place out of town?

Hi Mom,

Can you please confirm if both the AOS Admiistration Fee and the AOS Filing Fee/Biometrics Fee are to be paid to (PAY TO THE ORDER OF) "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"?

Thank you

Hi,

I have a question regarding work experience requirements.
Since I am not sure if my IGCSE is equivalent to what Susie stated below, I am thinking to also prepare documents for work experience qualifications for the interview, such as; (copy and paste from Britsimonsays' blog)
  1. The print out from of the job to which I am aligning my experience.
  2. Employment letters such as job offers, promotion letters and so on.
  3. Letters (preferably notarized) from current and former managers, colleagues and so on.
  4. A description of your day to day duties in the roles covering a minimum of 2 years.
  5. Details of any vocational training or education that supports you in your job.
  6. Examples of work product if possible/applicable.
In addition, I will also include my Associate's and Bachelor's degree that I get from graduating in the US in the AOS package.

My question is, if I am going to take this route,
1) For the AOS package, do I need to submit additional documents for the Employment Documents aside from employment verification and SSN?
No, you don't. You however can have those additional documents on hand for when you go for your interview and only present them if the IO say you do not meet the educational requirements.

I waited to make appointments for the medical exam until I knew for sure as advised before but now we have to wait for 2 weeks because we just received the COVID vaccines (apparently, you can't mix COVID vaccine with other vaccines). With that and the appointment availability, my medical appointment is on May 15th and the exam result 5 business days later. Should I try to get an earlier appointment? I called all other locations in town and all of them did not accept insurance (except the one I made an appointment with) and would charge over $600 per person. Should I take a day off work and find another place out of town?
Your call. An out of town medical exam will be accepted, as long as the exam is performed by one of USCIS's CSs.

Hi Mom,

Can you please confirm if both the AOS Admiistration Fee and the AOS Filing Fee/Biometrics Fee are to be paid to (PAY TO THE ORDER OF) "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"?

Thank you
AOS Administrative fee, which is the DV administrative fee ($330) does not get paid with the Bio fee. Are you asking about the AOS filing fee?

AOS filing fee and biometrics payable to: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
DV Administrative fee payable to: U.S. Department of State

No, you don't. You however can have those additional documents on hand for when you go for your interview and only present them if the IO say you do not meet the educational requirements.
Quick question on that - is it fully up to the IO's discretion on whether having a college degree would be sufficient for the education requirement? (I am also unsure if my high school certificate is equivalent - most students graduate after 11 years in my country)

For my case, I will have my bachelor's next month and will be in a doctoral program in August.

Quick question on that - is it fully up to the IO's discretion on whether having a college degree would be sufficient for the education requirement? (I am also unsure if my high school certificate is equivalent - most students graduate after 11 years in my country)

For my case, I will have my bachelor's next month and will be in a doctoral program in August.
it pretty much is, with the “at least” wording used. Anecdotally, AOS IOs seem to have been predisposed towards accepting a college degree as sufficient, but there have not been that many cases reported so no guarantees on anything. Would take work work experience docs as back up.

PS being “in“ a program doesn’t count for anything - it is completed qualifications that matter.

it pretty much is, with the “at least” wording used. Anecdotally, AOS IOs seem to have been predisposed towards accepting a college degree as sufficient, but there have not been that many cases reported so no guarantees on anything. Would take work work experience docs as back up.

PS being “in“ a program doesn’t count for anything - it is completed qualifications that matter.
I also have an associate's degree, so I'm assuming that should count towards a "college degree"?
Plus, I've only worked a part-time on-campus job for 2 years, so I'm not sure if that will qualify as work experience for AOS.

Thank you again @SusieQQQ

I also have an associate's degree, so I'm assuming that should count towards a "college degree"?
Plus, I've only worked a part-time on-campus job for 2 years, so I'm not sure if that will qualify as work experience for AOS.

Thank you again @SusieQQQ
Again, it’s up to the IO what they accept, I cannot give assurances.
The work experience requirement for DV is clearly stated in the instructions and travel.state.gov pages for DV selectees.

1. Do I need to check these boxes if I'm single and never had kids?

1618965190214.png

1618965050719.png

2. Do I need to leave this checkbox for 63.b. empty as well?
1618965319736.png

3. Is it a good idea to write "UNEMPLOYED FULL-TIME STUDENT" if I don't have a job history for the past five years (Page 5 | Part 3 - 13.) ?

1618965809465.png

Does it make any meaningful difference to my chances of getting an interview if I submit my AOS packet in the first week of May, as supposed to the last week of May (or the first week of June)?
Thanks.

Does it make any meaningful difference to my chances of getting an interview if I submit my AOS packet in the first week of May, as supposed to the last week of May (or the first week of June)?
Thanks.
Yes because USCIS starts processing your case sooner.