• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Could someone tell me please - once we receive an interview invitation - does it say directly on the website « In Transit » instead of your file is at « KCC »? This is in case I miss an email for interview, maybe it will visible in the system (where we sent DS260). Thanks
The email only tells you there is an update to the ESC page. So you may as well check the ESC page for an update as the indirect CEAC status page.

Could someone tell me please - once we receive an interview invitation - does it say directly on the website « In Transit » instead of your file is at « KCC »? This is in case I miss an email for interview, maybe it will visible in the system (where we sent DS260). Thanks
Yes and No both can happen, If your status changes to Transit or you receive the email to check for updates it means you got 2nl.
Is your status changed to In Transit?

Thank you very much for reply.
I checked ESC page, it says as before « you have been randomly selected for further processing of dv», though I noticed at the very bottom where there is name of applicant, case number - there is also Post for interview Abu-Dhabi. Maybe it’s automatically updated once you send your DS 260, though before I don’t remember it was written Post.

CEAC page says the same - KCC. Hopefully after the visa bulletin this month we can see some interview invitations. Thank you.

Thank you very much for reply.
I checked ESC page, it says as before « you have been randomly selected for further processing of dv», though I noticed at the very bottom where there is name of applicant, case number - there is also Post for interview Abu-Dhabi. Maybe it’s automatically updated once you send your DS 260, though before I don’t remember it was written Post.

CEAC page says the same - KCC. Hopefully after the visa bulletin this month we can see some interview invitations. Thank you.
The only place your interview letter will be is on the ESC page.

There is a hearing in July but it's not the final one and the judge is in no hurry (dealing with much more important cases atm) so I would not expect something soon. Which means that DV2021 is probably going to run into the same issue. It's going to be something...

KCC clearly is not doing enough to justify their progress. However, the prioritization means they already have more ready for scheduling cases than they can possibly interview, even at regular pace, let alone current pace. The damage has been done - and it was done based on the "no visa" policy which was found (5 times) to be unlawful. So - Gov will say they can't do more because of Covid - but they caused the delays, and Mehta last year called that out to preserve the 9095. So - if he decides DV2020 visas can be issued, it will be a slam dunk to get the same for DV2021.

Mehta hasn't set himself any timeline. At one point he wanted to roll the DV2020 decision into the July 13 DV2021 hearing - and that may happen although the lawyers have responded to that and asked for an earlier decision.
Exactly. No one can deny that there was damage done on DV21 selectees.
Personally, I feel that some kind of positive outcome will result from lawsuits. At least for named plaintiffs.

The email only tells you there is an update to the ESC page. So you may as well check the ESC page for an update as the indirect CEAC status page.
And we have to use the same ESC site we used to consult the lottery results, right?

I don't think past experience is applicable to what is going on now... However, in the past, that's how it worked (given embassy received 2nls once a month).
In your latest update, June 2NLs, majority of the Status change date are between May 10th to May 14th. Is it reasonable to infer that KCC is giving less lead time in advance notice of interviews, considering they used to give 6 to 8 weeks in the past? Do you see this trend forming from the updates in the past few months?

In your latest update, June 2NLs, majority of the Status change date are between May 10th to May 14th. Is it reasonable to infer that KCC is giving less lead time in advance notice of interviews, considering they used to give 6 to 8 weeks in the past? Do you see this trend forming from the updates in the past few months?
A few things:
1. Status date changes every time someone access db record, e.g. embassy accepts the case. By no means it should be treated as an indicator when the case was actually sent by KCC.
2. "June 2NLs" are called June 2NLs only because I assume that if they were scraped between April 15th and May 15th they're June interviews. In reality there's no way of knowing the interview date. If you look closely at those files in between updates there's a handful of cases that gets misclassified, i.e. some of the cases are gonna turn to issued before the beginning of the month.
3. As I mentioned before in this thread: knowing that the current situation is fluid and chaotic, I consider coming up with "trends", whether based on a single point or even all of them, a futile exercise.

The 2NLs sent BEFORE April 20th (i.e. 10 to 14th), were May interview 2NLs being sent late. In these extraordinary times there seems to be a more convoluted process about scheduling which I imagine is a conversation between KCC and each embassy to establish how many interviews each embassy will accept. That is more complicated than normal, so up to now at least it has altered the "2 monthly batches" approach. We can assume that 2NLs for July for example will not be sent before the VB is published in the next few days (called the June VB, referring to July interviews). But the recent unusual pattern may continue where July 2NLs come out until early June. But as Xarthisius correctly states, this could all change at any moment so trying to predict the unpredictable is an exercise in frustration.

Hi Guys,
I have been selected for DV2021 , my CN number is bit high.. I didn't receive any documents submission instruction mail yet.. can i send the documents to KCC before receive that email?

If yes.. can anyone send tell me the instructions?

Last edited:
Hi,
I’m preparing my documents for my coming interview in June and wondering what is the form I-684 Affidavit of support...
Is this document mandatory for all ?
Can anyone advise please on this ?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I’m preparing my documents for my coming interview in June and wondering what is the form I-684 Affidavit of support...
Is this document mandatory for all ?
Can anyone advise please on this ?
Thanks in advance
Please read through the below links.

This forum is one big link to Brit Simon’s website. Lol
Britsimon was one of the original main DV moderators here and his website is kind of like the AOS spreadsheet but for CP, on steroids. People here know that the information there is reliable and detailed (usually far more detailed than you’d get in a typical forum answer), so rather than repeatedly typing the same answers here in response to people literally asking the same questions hundreds of times, it makes a lot of sense to just refer there.

Britsimon was one of the original main DV moderators here and his website is kind of like the AOS spreadsheet but for CP, on steroids. People here know that the information there is reliable and detailed (usually far more detailed than you’d get in a typical forum answer), so rather than repeatedly typing the same answers here in response to people literally asking the same questions hundreds of times, it makes a lot of sense to just refer there.
Indeed. Sort of makes a lot of the questions here redundant, as a little bit of Googling and browsing on his site would answer it, apart from something that is only applicable to a specific event or situation, like bans etc. But even those tend to be addressed by a post pretty quickly.
Anyway, my comment was more related to the fact that whatever someone asks, a quick link to Simon answers it.
It’s a great monitization strategy, so fair play. New wave of hopefuls each year, so plenty of traffic going forward.

Indeed. Sort of makes a lot of the questions here redundant, as a little bit of Googling and browsing on his site would answer it, apart from something that is only applicable to a specific event or situation, like bans etc. But even those tend to be addressed by a post pretty quickly.
Anyway, my comment was more related to the fact that whatever someone asks, a quick link to Simon answers it.
It’s a great monitization strategy, so fair play. New wave of hopefuls each year, so plenty of traffic going forward.
Also a way to keep us oldies in the game. Typing the same answer a hundred times a year gets old quickly, I’d personally have been out of here a few years ago if that was still the way it was tbh. This way the common things get dealt with and as you say we can spend time on trying to help people with particular questions not found in a FAQ.