• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Hi there.

Quick question. I completed my Biometrics interview exactly 3 months ago (29th Dec 2021. Currently on an E3 going for DV AOS) but haven't received a letter for on an interview yet. Is this a normal length of time to wait?

thanks!
Looks like you’ve posted your question on the wrong thread. Are you a DV 2021 or DV 2022 selectee? If you are a DV2022 selectee processing AOS, you need to post your questions on the DV2022 AOS Only thread for appropriate guidance.

I am DV 2021 winner and got my green card. can I apply for my son who is legally( J1 visa) at the US and unmarried and above 21 and what form to file. How long does it take get him green card.

Thank you

I am DV 2021 winner and got my green card. can I apply for my son who is legally( J1 visa) at the US and unmarried and above 21 and what form to file. How long does it take get him green card.

Thank you
He’s probably going to have to return home before the process can be completed.

you file an i130. https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 The category will be F2B, adult son/daughter of LPR. Currently it has been taking around 7 years for these cases to get current, you can check F2B in Chart A (final action dates) in the visa bulletin. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ulletin/2022/visa-bulletin-for-june-2022.html

some other things to note:
- he has to remain unmarried to stay eligible in this category
- if you become a citizen before the process is completed, then it’s ok if he gets married after that (not before) but then the wait goes longer to around 14 years
- if his authorized stay in the US expires before the process is complete he will have to return home and complete the process through consular processing.
- if his J visa has a two year home residency requirement that will have to be completed or waivered before he can immigrate

Dear Mr. Brit,

DV 2021, CN 26,000 Asia. with Curtis on the Goodluck case.

We came to the US in Dec 2021 with my husband who is studying for a master 's degree in Illinois now. We came on a study visa printed on our Turkish passports, F1 category for my husband and F2 for me and my four children. We came from Abu Dhabi, UAE where we have been living for the last 15 years. We are Syrian as per the country of chargeability based on place of birth.

I am writing to ask for your kind advice in order to know and decide, if things moved on with the Goodluck case and visa started to be issued in 2023, what shall we be doing then:
  • Is adjustment of status (AOS) possible for our case because we are in the US now for the past 7 months?
  • If not, what are our alternatives outside the US?
Please give us your insight to what we shall be expecting to do in the future (if Goodluck started to become a real visa issuance in 2023)?

Sama

Hi, could yo please answer this question. I am DV 2021, CN 26,000 Asia. with Curtis on the Goodluck case.

We came to the US in Dec 2021 with my husband who is studying for a master 's degree in Illinois now. We came on a study visa printed on our Turkish passports, F1 category for my husband and F2 for me and my four children. We came from Abu Dhabi, UAE where we have been living for the last 15 years. We are Syrian as per the country of chargeability based on place of birth.

I am writing to ask for your kind advice in order to know and decide, if things moved on with the Goodluck case and visa started to be issued in 2023, what shall we be doing then:
  • Is adjustment of status (AOS) possible for our case because we are in the US now for the past 7 months?
  • If not, what are our alternatives outside the US?
Please give us your insight to what we shall be expecting to do in the future (if Goodluck started to become a real visa issuance in 2023)?

Sama

Hi guys,

I had my visa interview on 15th July and the CO approved my case and issued a "Tentatively approved" notice to us. We provided all the docs and the medical at the interview. However, my CEAC status is "Ready" and some of the people (case numbers after us who submitted all the docs) interviewed on that day got their visa status "issued". Could that be a problem? Should I contact the embassy?

Thanks
How long took for issued pls?

Hi guys,

I had my visa interview on 15th July and the CO approved my case and issued a "Tentatively approved" notice to us. We provided all the docs and the medical at the interview. However, my CEAC status is "Ready" and some of the people (case numbers after us who submitted all the docs) interviewed on that day got their visa status "issued". Could that be a problem? Should I contact the embassy?

Thanks
Br did u go usa im also sri lanka

Hi I am a Dv2021 winner with case number AF00058xxx I submitted my DS-260 around June 2020. I have not received any email or whatsoever since date of submission. Can I get any help here?

Hi I am a Dv2021 winner with case number AF00058xxx I submitted my DS-260 around June 2020. I have not received any email or whatsoever since date of submission. Can I get any help here?

DV2021 ended on September 30th 2021. In the normal course of events, no visas would be issued after that date. There were lawsuits filed against the government which achieved a reservation of a certain number of visas for later issuance, but the two main ones only achieved a win for plaintiffs (who had paid a lawyer to represent them as a plaintiff). I assume you were not covered by those suits given your "out of the blue" question.

There was also another lawsuit (Rai vs Biden) that achieved a reservation of 966 visas for later issuance, but only for cases that were assigned to one of 27 embassies. Those embassies were: Vienna, Brussels, Prague, Tallinn, Helsinki, Paris, Frankfurt, Athens, Budapest, Reykjavik, Naples, Riga, Bern, Vilnius, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Lisbon, Bratislava, Ljubljana, Madrid, Stockholm, Johannesburg, Hong Kong, Dublin, Guangzhou, London, and Rio De Janeiro..

If you were originally assigned to one of those embassies you might still have a chance, although that lawsuit is being appealed by the government.

Other than that, if you were not covered by one of these lawsuits your chance from your DV2021 win is lost.

DV2021 ended on September 30th 2021. In the normal course of events, no visas would be issued after that date. There were lawsuits filed against the government which achieved a reservation of a certain number of visas for later issuance, but the two main ones only achieved a win for plaintiffs (who had paid a lawyer to represent them as a plaintiff). I assume you were not covered by those suits given your "out of the blue" question.

There was also another lawsuit (Rai vs Biden) that achieved a reservation of 966 visas for later issuance, but only for cases that were assigned to one of 27 embassies. Those embassies were: Vienna, Brussels, Prague, Tallinn, Helsinki, Paris, Frankfurt, Athens, Budapest, Reykjavik, Naples, Riga, Bern, Vilnius, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Lisbon, Bratislava, Ljubljana, Madrid, Stockholm, Johannesburg, Hong Kong, Dublin, Guangzhou, London, and Rio De Janeiro..

If you were originally assigned to one of those embassies you might still have a chance, although that lawsuit is being appealed by the government.

Other than that, if you were not covered by one of these lawsuits your chance from your DV2021 win is lost.
Thanks for your feedback. Well appreciated. My second question is, I checked the data given at the CAEC website this evening , My case number has “at NVC” attached to it. Please what does it mean?

Thanks for your feedback. Well appreciated. My second question is, I checked the data given at the CAEC website this evening , My case number has “at NVC” attached to it. Please what does it mean?
It doesn't mean anything. At NVC is the starting point for all the submitted DS260 forms.