• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

hi maybe someone wrote it before but i could not find .. the selection of the winners is made before you check it on website ( now its not working ) or its made in the same time you are able to check if you are one of the winner ?

Incorrect family status disqualifies you at interview, not the selection phase. It’s mostly duplicate entries from my understanding that disqualify at the selection phase.

The photo itself could cause immediate disqualification - mainly through matching the photo used on other entries (i.e. multiple entries) - we know that they have massively increased their facial recognition capabilities in recent years. Other than that people always stress because the face is supposed to be 69% of the vertical or something like that and they measured theirs and it is 71.6% so they are assuming they are disqualified. Such a minor difference would not cause DQ in my opinion. Also people reuse old photos and at some point they could implement facial recognition to disqualify those cases, but so far have not done that before results announcement that we know of.

The photo itself could cause immediate disqualification - mainly through matching the photo used on other entries (i.e. multiple entries) - we know that they have massively increased their facial recognition capabilities in recent years. Other than that people always stress because the face is supposed to be 69% of the vertical or something like that and they measured theirs and it is 71.6% so they are assuming they are disqualified. Such a minor difference would not cause DQ in my opinion. Also people reuse old photos and at some point they could implement facial recognition to disqualify those cases, but so far have not done that before results announcement that we know of.
Yup, I said all that :) maybe in my next post after that - to clarify the photo link to duplicate entries

Site hits for May/Oct-Nov every year would be interesting to look at.

Yep - those are the busy periods, May especially - and I have all the hit data. The site gets around 6000/7000 hits on an average day - but today has been MUCH higher I'm sure.