• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Is it higher today than on results day in other years?

There have been a couple of years since I started where there were actual technical problems, and in those years I saw 50k hits in a day. However, I never saw the site crashing like this - which might mean more people frustrated (or my host has provisioned my bandwidth differently).

There have been a couple of years since I started where there were actual technical problems, and in those years I saw 50k hits in a day. However, I never saw the site crashing like this - which might mean more people frustrated (or my host has provisioned my bandwidth differently).

People not being able to access the DV site must have sent them flocking to your website. Do you have an inkling of how many people tried to access it today?

*waits for this site to crash with everyone asking britsimon about his crashed website*
Never saw people that nervous compared to this year... Maybe they're thinking it's the last DV or Trump is disconnecting all wires from the KCC and replacing them with MaGa hats? Lol...

Some people on Reddit just saying they didn't get selected this year. That could mean the website is working for some people, at least.

hello, one of my cousin is not able to check the resultat. His name contains an apostrophe " ' " and each time he tries to check his status he got an error message...do you know what to do ?

hello, one of my cousin is not able to check the resultat. His name contains an apostrophe " ' " and each time he tries to check his status he got an error message...do you know what to do ?

Just wait, the site has lots of traffic.

Is this allocated on a first come first serve basis or am I ok to just leave it until tomorrow?

Yes, you can check tomorrow... In fact, you could even check up until the fiscal period for DV'20 is over.

*Of course if you check closer to the end of the fiscal period, you risk not being issued a visa (if you're selected).

Yes, you can check tomorrow... In fact, you could even check up until the fiscal period for DV'20 is over.

*Of course if you check closer to the end of the fiscal period, you risk not being issued a visa.
I was just reading through previous winners and looks like are issued a number, is that based upon checking or already predetermined before logging in?

Sorry if this is obvious, I shall only ask the once :)

The Case Number (CN) is issued prior checking. So whichever date you choose to check, if you're selected, does not affect this number.

Best of luck everyone! Always an exciting day! Yes, i'm guilty of checking way too early knowing very well the site wont work, but thats just part of the fun :) I hope a few from this forum get selected this year :D