• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Just a pretty safe prediction and piece of advice.

The status checking site will open at noon, and almost immediately will crash or run so slowly that it is unusable. People will immediately freak out, waste hours trying to check their result and speculate that Trump cancelled the whole lottery and so on.

Do yourself a favor. Don't bother trying to check the first few hours. Just plan on checking on the 8th. It's a LONG process - waiting a few hours makes no difference.

People will immediately freak out, waste hours trying to check their result and speculate that Trump cancelled the whole lottery and so on.

This and ‘maybe the system is broken because no one has been selected.’ Selected or not, just remember that you didn’t pay a cent entering. Except maybe having a professional picture taken.

I wish you, good luck man!

seriously people who've been applying 10+ years.. you guys deserve this. (this can be the last DV lottery)
Thanks Man! I see this is a totally random process, less than 5% probability each time, pretty much chilled if not selected again this year.... it's a lottery anyway.
Best wishes to you too!!

People will immediately freak out, waste hours trying to check their result and speculate that Trump cancelled the whole lottery and so on.
:D:D;) Funny but true from reading back. Hehehe. Yeah going to wait until after work on Wednesday, it won’t be available until 2am Wednesday qld time, so I will keep my beauty sleep, chances are so slim anyway, there is no point to losing sleep over it.

:D:D;) Funny but true from reading back. Hehehe. Yeah going to wait until after work on Wednesday, it won’t be available until 2am Wednesday qld time, so I will keep my beauty sleep, chances are so slim anyway, there is no point to losing sleep over it.
Oh the dreams you are going to have that night..

First time huh? The first time is horrible. It was on my mind for the entire year but now after applying this much i literally don't rush to check anymore.

The first time is the hardest. You will feel so sad when you see the message "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa Program. ".

I had this big plan "when I move to the US". And all that collapsed at that moment. I know it is silly to have plans based on a lottery. But I couldn't help it. I was sad for weeks. The second time was not that hard. Now, I don't really have any hope at all. I've been working on getting out my country other ways for the past year. It is all going smooth.

I wish you luck. But be prepared to take the loss.

I don't think its silly to have plans at all. We have been the same. Yes we all know its a lottery but we can't help but dream of a different future at this time of year. We have a pretty nice life really, but we LOVE the USA and have family there, so we keep dreaming, and making plans !!

Generally speaking, your chances to win are very good. However, every year almost 40% of all participants are disqualified due to formal errors. This could be a photo that doesn’t meet the requirements or a wrong family status. These are only two of the many little things people can do wrong during the application process which can result in an immediate disqualification.

Generally speaking, your chances to win are very good. However, every year almost 40% of all participants are disqualified due to formal errors. This could be a photo that doesn’t meet the requirements or a wrong family status. These are only two of the many little things people can do wrong during the application process which can result in an immediate disqualification.
First time entering this year :)

Assuming it was a disqualification due to a photo etc would it state that you were a winner but failed due to disqualification? Or would it just say you hadn’t won?

The System is rejecting my confirmation number, anyone having the same problem or should i wait for a few more hours

Bingo. Just as predicted (and I have a bunch of these already on my site).

Wait until the system opens...

NOON in USA Eastern time zone - not whereever you live.

It's not 40% or anything close to that, but yeah - people don't read/follow simple instructions.