• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

If you apply for the lottery and later in the year decide to apply for a Visit visa would the green card application affect your application in a negative way?

having the knowledge wouldn't hurt , especially if you work contract jobs
You will normally have your interview in the country of residence noted down by you in the initial entry, if there is a US embassy. If not, you may have to travel to the nearest embassy in a neighboring country, or you can request a change of interview location based on where you will be at the time of the interview.

A quick question on names:

My wife's birth certificate states that her given name is A. Her father's name and surname according to the birth certificate is B C D.
(Her father's name is B, her grandfather's name is C, and her family's surname is D.)
Her passport and national ID states that her given name is A B. Her surname is C D according to her passport and ID card.
Her educational documents state A D.

She can get an affidavit stating that she's the same person if selected, but for now, how should she apply in the lottery?

A quick question on names:

My wife's birth certificate states that her given name is A. Her father's name and surname according to the birth certificate is B C D.
(Her father's name is B, her grandfather's name is C, and her family's surname is D.)
Her passport and national ID states that her given name is A B. Her surname is C D according to her passport and ID card.
Her educational documents state A D.

She can get an affidavit stating that she's the same person if selected, but for now, how should she apply in the lottery?

When in doubt, read the instructions... which specify passport.

I can't for the life of me get the photo tool to work. Flash installed, the app opens up, I click on the "Choose Photo" button, and... nada. Tried on both Mac and PC. Doesn't work on either.

I can't for the life of me get the photo tool to work. Flash installed, the app opens up, I click on the "Choose Photo" button, and... nada. Tried on both Mac and PC. Doesn't work on either.
Hey, I had some difficulties as well. On Safari/Mac click on Safari/Preferences/Websites then select Adobe Flash Player and select yes on "when visiting other websites" Hope it helps

It didn't load for me using Chrome, either, just like it didn't do last year. This is despite Adobe Flash latest version installed and working.
Try Firefox browser, it should work then.

Hey, I had some difficulties as well. On Safari/Mac click on Safari/Preferences/Websites then select Adobe Flash Player and select yes on "when visiting other websites" Hope it helps

It didn't load for me using Chrome, either, just like it didn't do last year. This is despite Adobe Flash latest version installed and working.
Try Firefox browser, it should work then.

Thanks guys.

Eventually, Firefox worked to a certain extent. It did load the pictures I wanted, and I was able to crop, but unable to save. It also didn't give me an indication as to whether a picture was "right" or "wrong", other than manually adjusting the pictures within the ovals.

So I took a screenshot of the template in the photo tool and pasted it in an image editor, and overlaid it over the pictures I wanted to crop, and adjusted them that way, and saved. Should work.

Thanks guys.

Eventually, Firefox worked to a certain extent. It did load the pictures I wanted, and I was able to crop, but unable to save. It also didn't give me an indication as to whether a picture was "right" or "wrong", other than manually adjusting the pictures within the ovals.

So I took a screenshot of the template in the photo tool and pasted it in an image editor, and overlaid it over the pictures I wanted to crop, and adjusted them that way, and saved. Should work.

However you did it, just make sure the end result will meet the requirements as to pixel dimension, dpi and image file size.

Hi, I'm applying for DV 2020 now but in step 2 I see "'Error..."" and I have to start all over again ......and like this couple of times.
To the end when I press "Submit" - I saw something like this: This entry is already submitted and It is not allowed to duplicate entries.
But I didn't see my confirmation number.
If I understand correct this year will not have any dublicate entries (people with many entries).

Good luck to all the entrants for DV 2020.

Of course I am entering again, the year would not be the same if I did not! lol

Warm wishes
Q
Good luck sir. I feel like such an impostor. Never even knew about the DV lottery until last year and it just happened to be open for registrations when I was reading about it. You and others have entered diligently every year for many years in a row. Hopefully this time some of you more deserving folk will come through with the good news.