• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

The instructions now also say listing someone who is not a spouse is disqualifying, I believe this is new - it only used to be not listing an existing spouse that was disqualifying?

And on the mobile phone photos, when I read the instruction now it looks like low quality vending machine or mobile photos are what are not acceptable, not a blanket prohibition on any type. Certainly some of the newer phones have better cameras than not all that old digital cameras..l

The instructions now also say listing someone who is not a spouse is disqualifying, I believe this is new - it only used to be not listing an existing spouse that was disqualifying?

And it’s similar under children, and once more in the FAQs generally about listing dependents who are not actually dependents - I don’t recall any of these specifically being mentioned before as disqualifying the entry?

And it’s similar under children, and once more in the FAQs generally about listing dependents who are not actually dependents - I don’t recall any of these specifically being mentioned before as disqualifying the entry?

Yes you are correct, they have changed the wording on spouses and derivatives.

The old wording for derivatives was "However, if you fail to include an eligible dependent on your original entry, your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview "

The new equivalent is:
"However, if you fail to include an eligible dependent on your original entry or, list someone who is not your dependent, your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview"

For spouses it went from "Failure to list your eligible spouse is grounds for disqualification. "

to: "Failure to list your eligible spouse or, listing someone who is not your spouse, is grounds for disqualification. "

Interesting that they are tightening this up, at least for the FAQ. As we know there was an OC case disqualified this year for adding a common law partner.

Okay it seems im having an issue applying this year. Can someone please point me in the right direction or share me the link. I keep getting "Sorry, we couldn't find that page on travel.state.gov" 404 - Page not found. Ive tried it on two different devices on seperate occasions now. Getting my photo done today and was hoping to apply tonight. What am I doing wrong? Or has anyone else had this same error code? TIA

Okay it seems im having an issue applying this year. Can someone please point me in the right direction or share me the link. I keep getting "Sorry, we couldn't find that page on travel.state.gov" 404 - Page not found. Ive tried it on two different devices on seperate occasions now. Getting my photo done today and was hoping to apply tonight. What am I doing wrong? Or has anyone else had this same error code? TIA
The page is coming up fine for me, are you sure it’s the right url - dvlottery.state.gov

lets say i win the lottery and i am still not in my home country, where would the interview happen?

It is a lotttery, so get selected first. Then return to ask all other questions with regards to processing.