• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Hi All, We are are going to join in the lottery this year. Our eldest is already 22, so she is going to apply on her own too, and if successful we will support her. Our second child is 21 in September next year and in the quite frankly, unlikely, event that we were (insert extremely lucky) successful, she will most likely not be allowed to come with us. I know we have to declare all children under 21 years of age on our application. But can she put in her own application if we are putting her on our applications? (Hubby and I will apply separately).

Hi All, We are are going to join in the lottery this year. Our eldest is already 22, so she is going to apply on her own too, and if successful we will support her. Our second child is 21 in September next year and in the quite frankly, unlikely, event that we were (insert extremely lucky) successful, she will most likely not be allowed to come with us. I know we have to declare all children under 21 years of age on our application. But can she put in her own application if we are putting her on our applications? (Hubby and I will apply separately).
Yes, she can, provided that she fullfil eligibility requirements. The fact that you list her in your application doesn't have anything to do with that.

Yes, the 20 year old should apply too, but if you are selected, she will be covered by the CSPA for a few months after turning 21.
http://britsimonsays.com/child-turn-21-can-heshe-get-visa/

Page 3 of the instructions "Submitting the same photograph that was submitted with a prior year’s entry will result in disqualification"
That's true, even though there's no online warning when you upload and reuse an old photo during registration. The system will just accept it and register your entry. That's probably because they don't automatically check against older photos during registration itself. However, I'm guessing the actual disqualification (for using the same photo) occurs during the part when some sort of automatic background check starts, probably when the chosen selectees respond. So if you eventually want to pursue your visa (and not just play the game for fun), you should of course use a fresh photo.

So with regards to pictures, if my spouse and I were to apply as separate applicants, can we reuse the same pictures for both? That is, when I'm the PA, can I reuse my picture as her derivative when she applies as the PA, and vice versa?

Also, probably a good idea to pass the pictures through the photo tool before submitting right?

So with regards to pictures, if my spouse and I were to apply as separate applicants, can we reuse the same pictures for both? That is, when I'm the PA, can I reuse my picture as her derivative when she applies as the PA, and vice versa?

Also, probably a good idea to pass the pictures through the photo tool before submitting right?
1. Yes
2. Yes

Since the pics are less than 6 months old or so, of course you can use them in both your and wife's entries I imagine. The main criteria they're talking about is the age of the photo, for disqualification purposes. Also the photo tool makes sure photos meet the quality criteria. So your idea is correct.

1. Yes
2. Yes

Thanks Mom.

Since the pics are less than 6 months old or so, of course you can use them in both your and wife's entries I imagine. The main criteria they're talking about is the age of the photo, for disqualification purposes. Also the photo tool makes sure photos meet the quality criteria. So your idea is correct.

Just wanted to make sure, you can never be too careful with this process. And it's pretty stupid to be disqualified for something as trivial as not following their clear instructions, especially as seeing that you can't change the pictures once submitted.

I understand the entire selection process is random, but for the people who have managed to get selected for the lottery, when did you submit your entry? The first week or did you wait until the 2nd or 3rd? Obviously, waiting until the end is not recommended.

I understand the entire selection process is random, but for the people who have managed to get selected for the lottery, when did you submit your entry? The first week or did you wait until the 2nd or 3rd? Obviously, waiting until the end is not recommended.
The only reason waiting till the end is not recommended is because many people try at the last minute and the systems can slow down dramatically, causing you to lose out by missing the deadline. The draw is RANDOM, so it makes no difference when in the process the entry is submitted.

The only reason waiting till the end is not recommended is because many people try at the last minute and the systems can slow down dramatically, causing you to lose out by missing the deadline. The draw is RANDOM, so it makes no difference when in the process the entry is submitted.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks Susie.

Oh also, again with pictures, is lipstick allowed or not? I didn't say it specifically mentioned either way in the docs.

Hello,Has anyone managed to register successfully? How did you make it? isn't dvlottery.state.gov the right link we all should refer to? Doesn't seem updated at all!
TIA

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks Susie.

Oh also, again with pictures, is lipstick allowed or not? I didn't say it specifically mentioned either way in the docs.
As long as it’s not smeared all over your face in a war paint pattern, yes. Anything “normal” is fine, as long as the main features used in identification (including eyes and ears) are properly visible.

As long as it’s not smeared all over your face in a war paint pattern, yes. Anything “normal” is fine, as long as the main features used in identification (including eyes and ears) are properly visible.

Thanks. I think we will get new ones done though, without the lipstick. Better safe than sorry, and passport pictures are relatively cheap where we are.

Sorry, I was messed up by a massive jet lag. Can you confirm it will start in about 10 minutes?

Just give it a try yourself, there's really no need for her to check. There's no rush in applying, btw, you don't need to get it done right this second. There's more than a month to apply.

Edit: I just checked, it's open. Good luck.