• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 SOUTH AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN WINNERS

I won DV2014. And now 2020. I'm from Venezuela
Oh dear! That was a very over selected year. 140k global selectees and 4620 SA selectees. I think you will def be successful 2020. All the best to you and keep in touch. (We’ve got a lot of Venezuelans here in Trinidad, I’m so sorry for what is happening)

Oh dear! That was a very over selected year. 140k global selectees and 4620 SA selectees. I think you will def be successful 2020. All the best to you and keep in touch. (We’ve got a lot of Venezuelans here in Trinidad, I’m so sorry for what is happening)
Thank you so much!!! yes, on 2014 a lot of us were left behind. Hope this year is different.
Keep in touch! this week will be interesting because they release the Bulletin

I’m Sa 35**
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey Victoria2020,

I am also from Trinidad. 2020SA34XX and keeping my fingers crossed as well. Looks like we're in the same boat with high CN's. Also I was looking at 2019 CEAC data only 2 visas were issued from Trinidad in 2019, and there were 33 selectees... So strange!

Last edited:
Hey Victoria2020,

I am also from Trinidad. 2020SA34XX and keeping my fingers crossed as well. Looks like we're in the same boat with high CN's. Also I was looking at 2019 CEAC data absolutely no visas were issued from Trinidad in 2019, and there were 33 selectees... So strange!
Welcome KDA and good luck! Looks like this year will be very different from other processes so I think we can have a chance. So, let the visa game begin!

Welcome KDA and good luck! Looks like this year will be very different from other processes so I think we can have a chance. So, let the visa game begin!
It is quite odd I agree. I think generally there has been low visa issuances in prior years for T&T.
I agree Veronice, this year it’s low overall selectee

Although our region has so much more selectees than previous years. But I think we have a really good chance this year. Fingers crossed for all of us
In 2006 there were 90k global and 4433 for SA, the region went current in September. This is the closest year with statistics similar to 2020.

The pace is going to change because now they will only schedule people who have submitted documents. Before they scheduled everyone and had to deal with a pile of no-shows.
Oh is that so Suzie? I guess that’s why they introduced the new document procedure? I’m new to this. Thanks

I would wait a little bit to ask for the police certificate. Can you ask for one and 2 or 3 months later ask for a new one? that way you can "refresh" it and have one recent for the interview.
Did you send the DS260 already?
I get the KCC email requesting the documents and still does not have the police certificate. If I delay I reduce my chances Right?

I get the KCC email requesting the documents and still does not have the police certificate. If I delay I reduce my chances Right?
I don't think you'll reduce your chances if you delay the document submission. You have a high number and you won't be current for a few months. That's what I think... Maybe one of our super moderators can confirm this idea. @Britsimon ? @SusieQQQ ? @Sm1smom ?

I don't think you'll reduce your chances if you delay the document submission. You have a high number and you won't be current for a few months. That's what I think... Maybe one of our super moderators can confirm this idea. @Britsimon ? @SusieQQQ ? @Sm1smom ?

That is correct. The case wouldn’t be scheduled for an interview if the CN isn’t current regardless of if all the required documents have been received by KCC.