• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 SOUTH AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN WINNERS

I try but the site tells me that information is not matched with their records. Can you please explain me how to do it correctly?
not sure what they ask for but 2 common mistakes - are you entering all middle zeroes in your case number, and are you entering date of birth in american format?

Yeah. I'm entering all middle zeroes. And just to be sure. To only see my DS260 form submitted. It's here?
https: //ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Good evening, esteemed ones, I hope you are well.

I am writing to ask for your support and suggestions in a situation that is happening to me with my case.

Today I received an email from KCC in which they congratulate me for having been selected and at the same time they ask me to send the documents and the completed DS-260. This email seemed very strange to me because I have not yet completed my application, so I re-entered the page to verify my DS-260 which still appears as IMCOMPLETE.

What could have happened in this case? Why do they ask me for my documents if I have not yet sent or signed my DS260?

Thanking you in advance for your help and collaboration, I remain attentive to your comments.

Greetings
Laura

I am writing to ask for your support and suggestions in a situation that is happening to me with my case.

Today I received an email from KCC in which they congratulate me for having been selected and at the same time they ask me to send the documents and the completed DS-260. This email seemed very strange to me because I have not yet completed my application, so I re-entered the page to verify my DS-260 which still appears as IMCOMPLETE.

What could have happened in this case? Why do they ask me for my documents if I have not yet sent or signed my DS260?

Thanking you in advance for your help and collaboration, I remain attentive to your comments.

Greetings
Laura
Please @Britsimon @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ , do you have any idea what is happening here?

Greetings
Laura
How high is your case number? Remember we are still learning about this new procedure..so if you have a low number, i’d speculate they can see you have started it, and are keen to schedule you so they want you to complete the DS260 and send docs. (They obviously know you have not completed it and that’s why they asked you to complete and send it.)

Any other ideas?

I've heard a few people are getting asked for documents.. at this stage I'd just be speculating but I think KCC are trying to avoid the rush they experienced at the end of DV19 and are requesting documents early.
You won't be scheduled for your interview until you have completed your DS-260 and they have received and reviewed your documentation as well as your number becoming current.

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about with the request for documents, I think it is a good thing, it may help them adjust the pace of VB numbers according to what they have ready

How high is your case number? Remember we are still learning about this new procedure..so if you have a low number, i’d speculate they can see you have started it, and are keen to schedule you so they want you to complete the DS260 and send docs. (They obviously know you have not completed it and that’s why they asked you to complete and send it.)

Any other ideas?

My case number is 3XXX. I started filling out my form a month after hearing about my selection but I still haven't sent it waiting for the newsletters as recommended, but today I get this.

My case number is 3XXX. I started filling out my form a month after hearing about my selection but I still haven't sent it waiting for the newsletters as recommended, but today I get this.
SA? So pretty high.
Does the DS260 scrap your data after a certain amount of time if you don’t complete it? (I know that happens with some other uscis forms.) Maybe KCC have a signal for that.

I've heard a few people are getting asked for documents.. at this stage I'd just be speculating but I think KCC are trying to avoid the rush they experienced at the end of DV19 and are requesting documents early.
You won't be scheduled for your interview until you have completed your DS-260 and they have received and reviewed your documentation as well as your number becoming current.

I don't think there is anything to be concerned about with the request for documents, I think it is a good thing, it may help them adjust the pace of VB numbers according to what they have ready
It could be because in the mail they send me they put the following: "You should review the list of required documents for processing below and send those to KCC to review as part of your application package, along with completing your DS-260. You will only be scheduled for interview at an overseas consular post after you have completed your DS-260 and submitted all documents required for your case and your visa rank number has become current. " . I had begun to fill out my application but I stopped the process because as I have a high number I was still recommended not to send and wait for the bulletins.