• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 SOUTH AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN WINNERS

Hi. I'm from Cuba. My CN is 38XX. I'm new in this and what I read means that I haven't many chances. Any advice would be appreciated

Hi. I'm from Cuba. My CN is 38XX. I'm new in this and what I read means that I haven't many chances. Any advice would be appreciated
Hi, @Lya welcome to the forum! Well, you have a pretty high CN (as I do) but we don't know much yet because we haven't found any data about selectee numbers or anything that could help us predict what could happen.
My only advice at this point: do not send your DS260 yet. Let's wait a little until we have more information.
I'm from Venezuela and I wish you good luck on this process. Who knows? Maybe we all get a chance! For now, keep reading this forum and enjoy the next year!!!

They've either gone totally crazy, or there are massive holes.

Yup.

I have some theories, but really we will know more when we see the selectee counts. SA and OC are good indicators (because there are no limited countries) and we will be able to calculate the density for those two regions pretty accurately.

To put some numbers on it, let's say the 37XX is the highest number - and assume 3701 cases. We can assume a derivative rate of let's say 2 people per case. So - with 100% density (no holes) we would theoretically see 7402 selectees. However there are ALWAYS holes and SA tends to be around 5%. So - that would mean we would see 7031 selectees at 5%.

SO - if we see them announce (for example) 5000 selectees, that would mean 2500 real cases and a hole rate of 32.5%. That would be CRAZY high for SA and show us there is some new factor being used to create holes (improved fraud detection perhaps, or perhaps the reused photos rule finally being implemented, or perhaps a lot of robot entries combined with a way they were being identified).

Incidentally, I do wonder whether this year saw a TON of fraudulent entries and that is why the passport number change is being introduced.

So - I am telling people that we will know "more" when we see the selectee numbers and I will use SA and OC as a good yardstick for the others, and we will be able to calculate SA and OC chances pretty easily.

Then of course we will have to figure out some of the other weird stuff we are seeing such as Nepal selectees at 13XXX, Ukraine selectees at 54XXX. AND we may have to figure out why KCC just invited loads more selectees than usual (which I suspect is a rection to the low interview rate this year, which was actually caused by the new document procedure.

Lots to think about...

I was thinking about the no reuse of photos - apart from the normal entrants who do that, it would also take out all those agencies who sign you up for 10 years of entries or whatever and just use the same photo each year.

Passports - could be a number of things. Could he because of agents, could be another way to check for duplicate entries.

Hi, @Lya welcome to the forum! Well, you have a pretty high CN (as I do) but we don't know much yet because we haven't found any data about selectee numbers or anything that could help us predict what could happen.
My only advice at this point: do not send your DS260 yet. Let's wait a little until we have more information.
I'm from Venezuela and I wish you good luck on this process. Who knows? Maybe we all get a chance! For now, keep reading this forum and enjoy the next year!!!
Thanks. Good luck for you too.
My CN is about my country only or all AS. I mean... I'm the # 3xxx from Cubans? And How can I know when my case is current to send the DS260?

Thanks. Good luck for you too.
My CN is about my country only or all AS. I mean... I'm the # 3xxx from Cubans? And How can I know when my case is current to send the DS260?

Your CN is relative to all of SA, not just your individual country. DS260 form is supposed to be sent BEFORE (and no when) your CN becomes current. However it’s to soon to know when it may be safe to send in your form, so wait at least until we have a better idea of what the total number of selectees are.

hello, i'm a new member. I'm from cuba and my sister were selected as winners for DV2020. My CN is SA31XX. What do you thisnk about a chance to get a green card? The number is very high

hello, i'm a new member. I'm from cuba and my sister were selected as winners for DV2020. My CN is SA31XX. What do you thisnk about a chance to get a green card? The number is very high

It is too soon to know. In about 3 weeks we will know more....

Once KCC sends me the mail, how long I have to send the documents?. In my country delays 6 months in giving the police certificate and I have a high CN. If I ask now, and my interview is in September, and expire, I would not give me time to ask for another. And if I ask later and do not get me on time? I don't know what to do.

Once KCC sends me the mail, how long I have to send the documents?. In my country delays 6 months in giving the police certificate and I have a high CN. If I ask now, and my interview is in September, and expire, I would not give me time to ask for another. And if I ask later and do not get me on time? I don't know what to do.
I would wait a little bit to ask for the police certificate. Can you ask for one and 2 or 3 months later ask for a new one? that way you can "refresh" it and have one recent for the interview.
Did you send the DS260 already?

I would wait a little bit to ask for the police certificate. Can you ask for one and 2 or 3 months later ask for a new one? that way you can "refresh" it and have one recent for the interview.
Did you send the DS260 already?
Thanks for answering. I don't know if I can but I'll try. I already send the DS260, because in Cuba they don't give tourist visa for USA.

Thanks for answering. I don't know if I can but I'll try. I already send the DS260, because in Cuba they don't give tourist visa for USA.
Ok. They should send you a message about receiving your DS260. Then, when your interview date is approaching, they will send you another one requesting for the documents, if I'm correct.

Ok. They should send you a message about receiving your DS260. Then, when your interview date is approaching, they will send you another one requesting for the documents, if I'm correct.
OK. Thanks, lemme Know when you receive the 2NL to know that the mine is close