• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Selectee from Tanzania

This was posted to the wall of the police HQ for the hati ya tabia njema. Hope this helps. It really is quite simple, you just have to wait sometimes. Go early and you'll be done early. They are open at 9am - 1pm.
Wow, so it is just Tshs 2000?! That's cheap. So, I'll have to go to Dsm to get it. Though I think I will first ask the at the local police office to see if it can be done there.

I've been participating in the DV Lottery since 2010. Almost 10yrs now. Just got selected this time. What is your experience guys?

I have been applying on and off since 2006. I was selected last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YTM
Wow, so it is just Tshs 2000?! That's cheap. So, I'll have to go to Dsm to get it. Though I think I will first ask the at the local police office to see if it can be done there.
I think you can apply locally. They will probably just send your prints to Dar to get them to check. Because people can apply from outside of the country, too. You have time though. The certificate expires in a year so I would wait to see how the numbers are before you get the certificate.

I think you can apply locally. They will probably just send your prints to Dar to get them to check. Because people can apply from outside of the country, too. You have time though. The certificate expires in a year so I would wait to see how the numbers are before you get the certificate.
Yes, I have ready people reporting extremely high CN.

Hello guys morning, i have a question to @HurricaneTU which hospital did u go for medical check up? Is it Prime? And do they receive insurance cards and if not do they give receipt of payments? And how much did it cost?

Hello guys morning, i have a question to @HurricaneTU which hospital did u go for medical check up? Is it Prime? And do they receive insurance cards and if not do they give receipt of payments? And how much did it cost?
There is only one hospital that does it and its Premier care. They don't take NHIF but they might take another type. Though I don't think this would be covered under any insurance...I paid with my card and got receipts. They tell you to have $660 handy because it costs around that much if you had to get all the vaccinations etc. I paid around $480. You can call them and find out about your insurance if you have other private insurance. I had NHIF and they don't take that.

Reactions: YTM
There is only one hospital that does it and its Premier care. They don't take NHIF but they might take another type. Though I don't think this would be covered under any insurance...I paid with my card and got receipts. They tell you to have $660 handy because it costs around that much if you had to get all the vaccinations etc. I paid around $480. You can call them and find out about your insurance if you have other private insurance. I had NHIF and they don't take that.
How long did it take for the results to come out? Did they give them to you or send them directly to the embassy?

The results take a week, if everything is good. They give you sealed envelopes which you have to take to the embassy, and an open one for your copy.

Also, I just realized my comments have been edited by moderators. I forgot that Kiswahili is not allowed. English only on this forum :)

The results take a week, if everything is good. They give you sealed envelopes which you have to take to the embassy, and an open one for your copy.
Okay, that's good to know. Because for those of us not living in Dsm waiting a week wont cause too much harm.

Also, I just realized my comments have been edited by moderators. I forgot that Kiswahili is not allowed. English only on this forum :)
Oh, it that so. I thought we could use any language. Hehehee. But I have to say, it's good to find this forum. And @HurricaneTU you've been so helpful. It's so good to get a first hand experience from a fellow Tanzanian.

Okay, that's good to know. Because for those of us not living in Dsm waiting a week wont cause too much harm.
And esp if you have no health issues, you can schedule your interview the week before your interview (they recommend this) and just wait for the results and go interview after that. So, you get done with everything then.

Oh, it that so. I thought we could use any language. Hehehee. But I have to say, it's good to find this forum. And @HurricaneTU you've been so helpful. It's so good to get a first hand experience from a fellow Tanzanian.
Last year, I was completely lost because I didn't know anything about the process and was working blindly. I'm glad I found this and Simon's blog because I learned a lot. But even so, information about Tanzania is scarce. Few people apply and even fewer are selected. And fewer still will find these forums. So, I am happy to share what I learned with others so their journey may be easier/less intimidating.

Last year, I was completely lost because I didn't know anything about the process and was working blindly. I'm glad I found this and Simon's blog because I learned a lot. But even so, information about Tanzania is scarce. Few people apply and even fewer are selected. And fewer still will find these forums. So, I am happy to share what I learned with others so their journey may be easier/less intimidating.
Thanks a lot. You're very right. I remember my mom got selected in DV 2015 with CN AF69XXX. I helped her fill in the DS 260 form, which we submitted around July 2014 and waited. We waited and waited till we gave up. We never got any email form KCC. For all that time, I used to blame myself to be the cause of her not getting the visa because I submitted her DS 260 late.

Yeah, I don't think that was it. But its difficult to follow what is going on if you have no idea where to find information. I'm glad I googled to find information about something and found these resources. Otherwise, I would probably not have been as prepared as I was. I mean, I hadn't even known what the number attached to my selection meant :p