• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Selectee from Tanzania

Thanks for the help
Sorry, am i the one to ask for waiver or exception at the embassy? Can you please help clarify this

An applicant who is subject to either P.P. 9645 or P.P. 9983 and otherwise eligible for a visa, but who does not qualify for an exception, will be refused but is automatically considered for a waiver by the consular officer during the visa interview. Each applicant’s eligibility for a waiver is evaluated on a case-by-case basis; waivers may not be granted categorically. A waiver may be available if:

1. the foreign national has previously been admitted to the United States for a continuous period of work, study, or other long-term activity, is outside the United States on the applicable effective date under Section 7 of P.P. 9645 or Section 4 of P.P. 9983, seeks to reenter the United States to resume that activity, and the denial of reentry would impair that activity;
  2. the foreign national has previously established significant contacts with the United States but is outside the United States on the applicable effective date under Section 7 of P.P. 9645 or Section 4 of P.P. 9983 for work, study, or other lawful activity;
  3. the foreign national seeks to enter the United States for significant business or professional obligations and the denial of entry would impair those obligations;
  4. the foreign national seeks to enter the United States to visit or reside with a close family member (e.g., a spouse, child, or parent) who is a United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or alien lawfully admitted on a valid nonimmigrant visa, and the denial of entry would cause the foreign national undue hardship;
  5. the foreign national is an infant, a young child or adoptee, an individual needing urgent medical care, or someone whose entry is otherwise justified by the special circumstances of the case;
  6. the foreign national has been employed by, or on behalf of, the United States Government (or is an eligible dependent of such an employee), and the foreign national can document that he or she has provided faithful and valuable service to the United States Government;
  7. the foreign national is traveling for purposes related to an international organization designated under the International Organizations Immunities Act (IOIA), 22 U.S.C. 288 et seq., traveling for purposes of conducting meetings or business with the United States Government, or traveling to conduct business on behalf of an international organization not designated under the IOIA;
  8. the foreign national is a Canadian permanent resident who applies for a visa at a location within Canada;
  9. the foreign national is traveling as a United States Government-sponsored exchange visitor; or
  10. the foreign national is traveling to the United States, at the request of a United States Government department or agency, for legitimate law enforcement, foreign policy, or national security purposes.

No i did not apply 2019
I did my application on 2018 and was selected and submitted all required documents and they confirmed the receipt.
Around March got informed of my visa appointment which was 7th May 2020 but later changed and told me that my visa appointment have been suspended due to Covid19 outbreak.
Will be informed when again to show up for the visa appointment.

My worries is will i get the visa when things come back to normal even after February Ban of my country entry to US?

Did you apply last year? Again 2021