• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Selectee from Tanzania

Hello! Hongera umefanikiwa. Hopefully you can post your journey on here and if you need help, we can all try to help. But you have a wait so just relax.

Ndio, end of May. Just read from the 2019 thread but if you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.
Qn. you waited a year to get 2NL kha, how was the waiting LoL. Was told to submit DS260 ASAP but reading here says there is no rush, and i was told when submitted you can never do any correction but oops all lies, this is the best forum.

Yeah. I had a really busy year of work so it was not that bad-for the most part. I kept abreast of things by checking here and Simon's blog. I also spent the time making sure I had all the documents I would need for the interview.

2020 CN38XXX. I reading everything at the moment to familiarize myself with the whole process.

if you have time, you can also go britsimonsays.com
you have to get a new one, I've already sent my D's 260 form

Thank you @Ziana. I'm currently working on filling in the DS 260, and gathering all the docs. My passport expires in April 2020, so I need to get a new one.

Welcome! And as reminder, your old Tanzanian passport expires end of January 2020. I would suggest you apply for the new one soon (but wait for the Hajj crowds to finish applying).
You can potentially wait on the DS260 until you get your new passport. You will probably not get an interview until next year anyway.

if you have time, you can also go britsimonsays.com
you have to get a new one, I've already sent my D's 260 form
The new passport requirement is being considered for applying for DV2021 lottery.
But you do need a valid passport in order to interview and our old ones are not going to be of use after July for visa issuance.

tell us about your interview experience in tanzania embassy@ Hurricane, did they ask you about affidavit of support ? my case no 2020AF6X,

Welcome! And as reminder, your old Tanzanian passport expires end of January 2020. I would suggest you apply for the new one soon (but wait for the Hajj crowds to finish applying).
You can potentially wait on the DS260 until you get your new passport. You will probably not get an interview until next year anyway.
Oh, that's good to know. I wonder how do the new passports take to process. I haven't submitted my DS260. I want to gather all the facts needed to be filled in.