• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Selectee from Tanzania

Welcome! And as reminder, your old Tanzanian passport expires end of January 2020. I would suggest you apply for the new one soon (but wait for the Hajj crowds to finish applying).
You can potentially wait on the DS260 until you get your new passport. You will probably not get an interview until next year anyway.
Am waiting for my National ID to processes the new passport. But takes long i pray to get it this week.

I've been participating in the DV Lottery since 2010. Almost 10yrs now. Just got selected this time. What is your experience guys?

Welcome! And as reminder, your old Tanzanian passport expires end of January 2020. I would suggest you apply for the new one soon (but wait for the Hajj crowds to finish applying).
You can potentially wait on the DS260 until you get your new passport. You will probably not get an interview until next year anyway.
@HurricaneTU what does it take to get a police clearance certificate? Where do we start?

I see congrats dear, this is our second time and my hubby won am not a principal applicant,
Thank you. You're lucky. Just two times and you got selected. I know of people who have been doing it for more than 10 years and they have never been selected. Congratulation.

Am waiting for my National ID to processes the new passport. But takes long i pray to get it this week.
Oh pole! That is the thing that delays lots of people. But if you can even get the number, you can apply for passport. It takes 2 weeks to process and its pretty easy and straightforward. The same documents almost to those you use for the ID.

tell us about your interview experience in tanzania embassy@ Hurricane, did they ask you about affidavit of support ? my case no 2020AF6X,

Ziana, please go to the 2019 thread, I posted my experience there. I did have an affidavit prepared but they didn't ask me for it. I also brought bank statements.

@HurricaneTU what does it take to get a police clearance certificate? Where do we start?
Not much at all. You pay TSh 2000 to the NMB account for the police, take a copy of your ID and a letter to request the certificate, go to the police HQ, fill out a couple forms and they take your finger prints. They tell you to come back in 14 working days and its usually ready then.

I'm in Dar so I went to police HQ in Dar. I'm not sure how it works for those who are mikoani. As far as I know, they check your fingerprints against local and interpol database. I don't think it matters where you get it done. I have only lived in Dar for a little over 15 months and I was still able to get it done here.

Not much at all. You pay TSh 2000 to the NMB account for the police, take a copy of your ID and a letter to request the certificate, go to the police HQ, fill out a couple forms and they take your finger prints. They tell you to come back in 14 working days and its usually ready then.
Oh, and a passport photo.

This was posted to the wall of the police HQ for the hati ya tabia njema. Hope this helps. It really is quite simple, you just have to wait sometimes. Go early and you'll be done early. They are open at 9am - 1pm.

Attachments

• DB566264-89E7-426B-A504-D354A6F82B0A.jpeg
    DB566264-89E7-426B-A504-D354A6F82B0A.jpeg
    582.2 KB · Views: 20