• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Any idea of what type of questions normally be asked by Consular at interview. And how many questions do you reckon is asked...
The interview is usually anti-climatic with the CO reviewing your documents and confirming details. You may be asked where you intend to move or what you will do for work.
There are a ton of interview experience stories on Simons Blog
http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/

The interview is usually anti-climatic with the CO reviewing your documents and confirming details. You may be asked where you intend to move or what you will do for work.
There are a ton of interview experience stories on Simons Blog
http://britsimonsays.com/interview-experience-stories/
thanks friend.
on second thought, i reckon we dont have to prepare for any questions as long we have all supporting docs coz the questions will basically be on those docs and nothing from out of context rite. correct me if am wrong, please. thanks

thanks friend.
on second thought, i reckon we dont have to prepare for any questions as long we have all supporting docs coz the questions will basically be on those docs and nothing from out of context rite. correct me if am wrong, please. thanks

The CO can ask ANY question deemed pertinent, which may not be limited to the documents you’re presenting. All you need to do is truthfully answer any and every question you get asked. Truthfully answering questions doesn’t require any kind of advance preparation.

The CO can ask ANY question deemed pertinent, which may not be limited to the documents you’re presenting. All you need to do is truthfully answer any and every question you get asked. Truthfully answering questions doesn’t require any kind of advance preparation.
hmmm exactly, thanks and appreciated

Hello. I'm new to this thread and have a question if anyone can help that would be great.

So I am lucky enough to have my interview in December (yay). I sent all my paper work through very early like way back in August and the required documents included the police check. So no I see that is says your visa is issued depending on the date of your police check or medical whcih ever is sooner.....well if thats the case then my visa is issued on the date of police check dated July... so I would need to enter the USA in Jan. Surely that wouldn't be right and they would use the medical which will be late Nov. Should I try to get new police checks ( I need 3 as we are a family)???
Thanks in advance

Hello. I'm new to this thread and have a question if anyone can help that would be great.

So I am lucky enough to have my interview in December (yay). I sent all my paper work through very early like way back in August and the required documents included the police check. So no I see that is says your visa is issued depending on the date of your police check or medical whcih ever is sooner.....well if thats the case then my visa is issued on the date of police check dated July... so I would need to enter the USA in Jan. Surely that wouldn't be right and they would use the medical which will be late Nov. Should I try to get new police checks ( I need 3 as we are a family)???
Thanks in advance
It's 6 months from the date of your medical - where have you seen it posted that they use the PCC?

Has anyone had second thoughts about moving? Now we have an interview date my husband is not sure if he wants to go ahead with the move.

We have our medical in Brisbane and our Interview in early Dec too. Husband, me, 3 sons 17,15,12. And we have no second thoughts about....we are just going to go. WE can't wait. It is a big move with kids (especially teens) and we plan on just going, no activation trip, no look, see, decide trip just straight out move. Good Luck ExcitedAussie on your future move.

It's 6 months from the date of your medical - where have you seen it posted that they use the PCC?

This is on the bottom of the DV1 Document cover sheet...

I understand that my visa will be limited to my Medical Exam Report or Australian Federal police certificate;whichever is sooner

We have our medical in Brisbane and our Interview in early Dec too. Husband, me, 3 sons 17,15,12. And we have no second thoughts about....we are just going to go. WE can't wait. It is a big move with kids (especially teens) and we plan on just going, no activation trip, no look, see, decide trip just straight out move. Good Luck ExcitedAussie on your future move.
Wow that's amazing! Where are you going to settle?

Having been here nearly four years (in February), I can safely say that moving to the US was the best decision I/we ever made. There hasn't been a single moment of regret, other than the absence of pies.

Having been here nearly four years (in February), I can safely say that moving to the US was the best decision I/we ever made. There hasn't been a single moment of regret, other than the absence of pies.

Boomerang not good enough? They are quite Americanized.

Boomerang is actually pretty good: I was surprised.

I've resorted to driving to Atlanta to the Australian Bakery Cafe every couple of months to eat a classic pie and bring some home in the Esky.

For any homesick Aussie, you can order your fave snacks from www.treatsfromoz.com with $10 flat rate shipping to the US - no pies unfortunately but lots of chips and chocolates

I've gotten a couple of orders from them and Andrew is great. If there is something you want but dont see it on his site, just message him and he will usually source it for you!

Thanks in advance
Hey TPot! I got my police checks done in July, I am not going to get a new one. I think your police check is valid for 12 months so that would put your expiry around June/July for the police check or May for your medical I think?

No idea why but I’m like a person excited to receive their GC in their mail even though I activated my visa last week. Fingers crossed I get it by Christmas!!

Has anyone had second thoughts about moving? Now we have an interview date my husband is not sure if he wants to go ahead with the move.
My wife and I are still not 100% decided yet but we've got our medical booked for Thursday regardless. Some days we're super excited and other days we worry if it's the right decision.