• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Does anyone have a prediction as to whether I will get an interview for 2020, my case number is OC22xx.

Boomerang is actually pretty good: I was surprised.

I've resorted to driving to Atlanta to the Australian Bakery Cafe every couple of months to eat a classic pie and bring some home in the Esky.

Anyone know if Sausage Rolls are a thing in the US? Been here 6 months, haven't found any.

And yes, the lack of pies is difficult.

Anyone know if Sausage Rolls are a thing in the US? Been here 6 months, haven't found any.

They are a thing, I have found them at non-specialty bakers/delis, but not necessarily a common thing. Your best bet for most of these things is to try find a British bake shop.

They are a thing, I have found them at non-specialty bakers/delis, but not necessarily a common thing. Your best bet for most of these things is to try find a British bake shop.

If you get down to LA there’s this https://www.yeoldekingshead.com/bakery/

Also just check around locally for places run by British or British influenced ex colonies like you, haha. My little town has a deli that’s run by a British woman and while this stuff is not on offer every day, it’s around fairly regularly. There’s a South African dude not far away from us who also does pies and sausage rolls. Etc.

ALSO. Regarding interviews. Can someone who has gone through the process let us know what to expect. What do they ask? What do they expect? What did you take? Was it frightening? haha.

THANKS

Australian Bakery Cafe in Atlanta does the best pies I've found so far. And they run periodic specials through the year.

ALSO. Regarding interviews. Can someone who has gone through the process let us know what to expect. What do they ask? What do they expect? What did you take? Was it frightening? haha.

THANKS
The interview is very anti-climatic, they will review your documents, ask you whatever question they deem fit at the time but the basic ones are: if you are married they might ask you questions on how long you have been together, how many kids you have, then they'll likely ask where in the US you want to move to, what do you intend to do for work once you are there.
Nothing to be nervous about, answer each question openly and honestly and don't offer any additional information unless asked.

Try Brentwood Social House on Koenig Lane.

BTW, Thunderbird Cafe that's less than a block away to it is one of the most iconic places in Austin, so grab a cup of coffee there too ;)
Also, Koenig Lane (2222) aka the road that has 6 names is also iconic. Everything in ATX is iconic!

God! I envy you so much...

Hi... I am applying for my Australian Police Check at the moment and I was wondering if I need to apply for a US one as well? I am currently living in the US and have been here for a bit over 12 months. Do I only need Australian one or both?
Thanks in advance.

Hi... I am applying for my Australian Police Check at the moment and I was wondering if I need to apply for a US one as well? I am currently living in the US and have been here for a bit over 12 months. Do I only need Australian one or both?
Thanks in advance.

No US PCC required. KCC/the embassy will conduct the background checks.

For those of you who are wondering if moving to the US is the right thing to do...you probably need to ask yourself this - If you DON'T move, will you regret it?

Not everyone "wins" the lottery their first time. It took me approx 20 years to win the damn thing, so it's not exactly an "easy" life-changing lottery to win.

Try Brentwood Social House on Koenig Lane.

BTW, Thunderbird Cafe that's less than a block away to it is one of the most iconic places in Austin, so grab a cup of coffee there too ;)
Also, Koenig Lane (2222) aka the road that has 6 names is also iconic. Everything in ATX is iconic!

God! I envy you so much...

Oh wow, hadn't seen that one. Menu looks great. Totally checking that out, thanks for that!

Hey mates was wondering if I could get your advise....my birth certificate last name is *Smithonian* but I have never used it my family has always been known as *Smith* passports, schooling, banks accounts etc have always been in the shortened name. Would I have to prove my name change at the interview and how would I do that as I've never had offical paperwork! Appreciate any response cheers

Hey mates was wondering if I could get your advise....my birth certificate last name is *Smithonian* but I have never used it my family has always been known as *Smith* passports, schooling, banks accounts etc have always been in the shortened name. Would I have to prove my name change at the interview and how would I do that as I've never had offical paperwork! Appreciate any response cheers

At some point, you would have had to prove the name change, to initially obtain passports, bank accounts etc.