• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Hi all,

I've been selected this year and my number is AF00046xxx, is it considered as high or should I keep on somd hope?

TIA
It's not a high CN. I hope things work out well for you guys. It's been roller coaster for 2020 lot.
Take your time. Get a host and an address you will need it in filling ds260. Don't rush in filling ds260. Get your documents ready like birth cert, police clearance certificate, bio data of passport scanned, marriage cert if married etc.
It's a long process patience is everything.
I hope you well.

It's not a high CN. I hope things work out well for you guys. It's been roller coaster for 2020 lot.
Take your time. Get a host and an address you will need it in filling ds260. Don't rush in filling ds260. Get your documents ready like birth cert, police clearance certificate, bio data of passport scanned, marriage cert if married etc.
I hope you well.
I can tell you for free. I don't know how to stop feeling so disappointed. All that preparation for nothing

I hope you well.
Police clearance certificates expire, I’d wait till more idea of when might be called for interview before applying for that. Everything else, yes.

I hope you well.
Thanks a million..I was concerned because previous years didn't reach the 40ks case numbers.

And yes of course, I'll taje my time preparing my papers (most of them are ready though)

I wish someone could explain the relationship between case numbers, total DV (50k visas) and cutoff to figure out if I have a good chance winning this

Don’t lose faith Maggie. Still nearly 4 months to go!
It triggers a question: I noticed that KCC send the 2nl 2 months before the interview date, so for someone who will have the interview scheduled end of June will get the 2nl end of April.
Yes there is still 4 months to go, can KCC still send a 2nl in the first week of September of an interview in the last week of September? (I'm taking September as an example)

Thanks a million..I was concerned because previous years didn't reach the 40ks case numbers.

And yes of course, I'll taje my time preparing my papers (most of them are ready though)

I wish someone could explain the relationship between case numbers, total DV (50k visas) and cutoff to figure out if I have a good chance winning this

Simon has covered this on his blog. Go through his FAQ Page as a starting point.

It triggers a question: I noticed that KCC send the 2nl 2 months before the interview date, so for someone who will have the interview scheduled end of June will get the 2nl end of April.
Yes there is still 4 months to go, can KCC still send a 2nl in the first week of September of an interview in the last week of September? (I'm taking September as an example)

Normally - no. I know of one case where it has been done in a somewhat extraordinary circumstance (but one that may not be different in principle from now - dv2012, after the redraw, someone who did not realize they had been drawn was contacted by KCC end of August and had an interview two weeks later.) I would not bank on that kind of thing happening especially on a wide scale, but it’s possible - who knows what they will actually do - that they might send out 2NLs with say one month rather than two months notice under the circumstances. In past years around the time I won, it wasn’t awfully uncommon to get a 2NL 4 weeks before interview. Process has changed since then though. And will partly depend on consulate. The case I mentioned above happened at my home consulate which is a very quiet one as far as immigrant visas go.

Normally - no. I know of one case where it has been done in a somewhat extraordinary circumstance (but one that may not be different in principle from now - dv2012, after the redraw, someone who did not realize they had been drawn was contacted by KCC end of August and had an interview two weeks later.) I would not bank on that kind of thing happening especially on a wide scale, but it’s possible - who knows what they will actually do - that they might send out 2NLs with say one month rather than two months notice under the circumstances. In past years around the time I won, it wasn’t awfully uncommon to get a 2NL 4 weeks before interview. Process has changed since then though. And will partly depend on consulate. The case I mentioned above happened at my home consulate which is a very quiet one as far as immigrant visas go.
So in normal circumstances and under the current process they would send the last 2nls not later than the end of July to comply with the 2 months between the 2nl and the interview?

So in normal circumstances and under the current process they would send the last 2nls not later than the end of July to comply with the 2 months between the 2nl and the interview?
Yes, though I don’t know of any explicit rule that has to be “complied” with. It is just current practice.

Don’t lose faith Maggie. Still nearly 4 months to go!
About that , do think Trump will do anything to make even submitting and entry harder in October , there are discussions that he might follow the Canadian immigration rules that a person need to get some points Ina some criteria to even apply . Do you think it's in his hand to change it ?

About that , do think Trump will do anything to make even submitting and entry harder in October , there are discussions that he might follow the Canadian immigration rules that a person need to get some points Ina some criteria to even apply . Do you think it's in his hand to change it ?

He can’t unilaterally change the DV eligibility rules, so no.
The Canadian system is a totally different one (and one I personally do think the US should follow to replace a chunk of the current types of immigrant visas, but that's another discussion).

The difference between the American and the Canadian immigration is that the Canadian one is based on merit while the American one is based on being lucky (which is not faire in my opinion)
Changing the American system will not solve Trump's problem if his intent is to lower the immigration rate as at the end of the day there will be the same amount of immigrants (but not the same ones)