• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2020 Ghana Selectees

Hello fam.

Is there anyone here with DV-2020 visa but has not been able to travel yet because of travel restrictions.

Apparently, some winners have been able to travel to activate their status.

If you know anyone, please inform them so they can also travel ASAP.
How are you going to travel since the boarder is closed. Maybe those people you are talking about travelled before the boarders where closed. And even the flights that are going to USA now are not allowing people with immigrant visa to board unless you are having a green card or an American citizen. Or u say they should pass through Togo or ivory coast....hehe

How are you going to travel since the boarder is closed. Maybe those people you are talking about travelled before the boarders where closed. And even the flights that are going to USA now are not allowing people with immigrant visa to board unless you are having a green card or an American citizen. Or u say they should pass through Togo or ivory coast....hehe
You can definitely try the repatriation flights. I know people from countries as varied as South Africa and Australia who have been able to board these with immigrant visas, I think US citizens and green card holders will get priority but if there is space they will let people with immigrant visas on. They might be very expensive though - the people I know from SA paid around $2000 each (one way of course).

Here in Ghana repatriation flights are only carrying citizen and LPR. Check the pictures from the us embassy in Ghana.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200720-083011.png
    Screenshot_20200720-083011.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20200720-082853.png
    Screenshot_20200720-082853.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 15
Rightly as you said, the US embassy in Ghana is not allowing new immigrants to board flights which is unfair because I read online all the time about people who travelled to activate their status even when the virus was at its peak and ban in place.
So like I mentioned, there is an alternative route that those with visas can use to activate their status.

Think about winners from EU region, if you have been following britsimonsays recently, the way out is to travel out of the EU region to another country, spend 14 days then travel to US to activate their status.

Why will you go through this year long process, use your time, energy and resources to get the visa then sit down for the opportunity to slip through your fingers.

Lastly, do you think the US embassy in Ghana will resissue visas, when they are stopping people with visas from travelling.

I stand to be corrected.

Rightly as you said, the US embassy in Ghana is not allowing new immigrants to board flights which is unfair because I read online all the time about people who travelled to activate their status even when the virus was at its peak and ban in place.
So like I mentioned, there is an alternative route that those with visas can use to activate their status.

Think about winners from EU region, if you have been following britsimonsays recently, the way out is to travel out of the EU region to another country, spend 14 days then travel to US to activate their status.

Why will you go through this year long process, use your time, energy and resources to get the visa then sit down for the opportunity to slip through your fingers.

Lastly, do you think the US embassy in Ghana will resissue visas, when they are stopping people with visas from travelling.

I stand to be corrected.
Is not even the embassy which is not allowing new immigrant with visa board the flight is the airlines that comes to Ghana that are not allowing it for now. So what alternative route do you think they can use. Can you tell us maybe there might be some here who can use it.

Is not even the embassy which is not allowing new immigrant with visa board the flight is the airlines that comes to Ghana that are not allowing it for now. So what alternative route do you think they can use. Can you tell us maybe there might be some here who can use it.
Screenshot_20200720-105234_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200720-105014_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200720-105014_Chrome.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 17
If you really want to travel, you can pass through neibouring African countries and get a connected flight.

If you really want to travel, you can pass through neibouring African countries and get a connected flight.
Yes but not as easy as you saying it. I know some few USA LPR who paid bribes to immigration to cross the boarders to neighboring Africa countries (Togo n ivory coast)

Please what is keeping the Us Ghana embassy from reopening.
1Ghana has been able to contain the fight of the virus.
2The president has taking good steps to reopen the country and we are up and kicking.
3 Our hospital system is not overwhelmed with the pandemic.
4 the death rate is very low
5 the recoveries are very high
6 only a small number of active cases.
Please if anyone from the embassies are reading then the big question is why are you not reopening???
Why do you want to shutter our dreams?
Please someone tell them to reopen.

Please what is keeping the Us Ghana embassy from reopening.
1Ghana has been able to contain the fight of the virus.
2The president has taking good steps to reopen the country and we are up and kicking.
3 Our hospital system is not overwhelmed with the pandemic.
4 the death rate is very low
5 the recoveries are very high
6 only a small number of active cases.
Please if anyone from the embassies are reading then the big question is why are you not reopening???
Why do you want to shutter our dreams?
Please someone tell them to reopen.
But our boarders are not opened yet so let's pray they open it so that the embassy too opens soon

But our boarders are not opened yet so let's pray they open it so that the embassy too opens soon
Now is the EO and the covid-19 been the main hindrance but we are learning to live with covid-19 so the embassy should learn to also live with it

Please what will happen if Judge Amin Mehta refuses to grant the TRO
I guess DV 2020 dreams will be over?
Will the litigation continue if the TRO is not granted.
If the judge refuses the TRO ,what will the plaintiffs/ lawyers do?
In order words,does our ONLY hope hang on the TRO?

Please what will happen if Judge Amin Mehta refuses to grant the TRO
I guess DV 2020 dreams will be over?
Will the litigation continue if the TRO is not granted.
If the judge refuses the TRO ,what will the plaintiffs/ lawyers do?
In order words,does our ONLY hope hang on the TRO?
We wait and see bro

Good evening ,please those of us who believe in the bible should encourage themselves with this quotation:
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Fear not has been written in the bible for more than 350 times. Our God does not want us to fear the outcome of the court hearing.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Even if the outcome does not favor us ,God still has a plan for us. But i have hope that God has victory in store for us.