• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hello everyone, do you believe in God? And do you think that in life things happen under a celestial synchrony? Well, I want to share my testimony ... as I had told you today, I got up ready to risk my last card trying to get an interview without notification. Yesterday I called to request the processing of the last test request that uscis had requested in order to obtain said interview and this morning it appeared on my case page in the next steps area, that my query had been assigned to an officer and should wait, so I continued with my plan .. I was on my way to the FO and when I was only 1.5 miles away I received an email that said: Recently, procedural action was taken in your case, on September 29 we ordered the creation of your new card. I want to first thank God for making the impossible possible and also thank @ S1smon for creating this forum that serves as a refuge for us and provides us with an invaluable source of information and a room where we can meet and share experiences on this important path for everyone. Thanks to all who did their bit by praying or commenting on their cases. Do not lose faith that everything is still possible and now I am the one who prays for all those who are still waiting for that great blessing. I am very happy and grateful

Thanks to everyone in this fourm wish you all the best. Wanted to update for the timeline . My case no. 2020AF7xxxx AOS process through Milwaukee FO. Note everything sent out by USPS express mail
- KCC DS-260 filled and fees paid on last September
-17 feb had my medical whole package was ready by that time added I-944
- April 25th sent package was current for June got rejected (missed to check cpl boxes)
- may 18th resent full package to Chicago lockbox received date may 21st. Notice date may 28th . Receipt got in mail June 10th .Money withdrawal cannot remember exactly.
- RFE received on mail July 10th issued date July 1st. Responded by July 28th.
- biometric schedule for August 17th .received on mail by August 6th. Issued date July 31st.
-IL received on mail sept 4th. issued date August 28th . Interview date sept 15th.
That part for my interactions with USCIS throughout my journey about system updates goes as follow:
- 05/21 application received.
-05/27 we accept fingerprints fees.
-08/17 fingerprints were taken.
-09/24 expedite request.
-09/28 new card been produced.
09/29 case was approved.
I tried to update it on the timeline just didn't see the plus sgin. Sorry for the late update Val I know you kept track on this.
Thank you for the update and congratulation!

Hello everyone, do you believe in God? And do you think that in life things happen under a celestial synchrony? Well, I want to share my testimony ... as I had told you today, I got up ready to risk my last card trying to get an interview without notification. Yesterday I called to request the processing of the last test request that uscis had requested in order to obtain said interview and this morning it appeared on my case page in the next steps area, that my query had been assigned to an officer and should wait, so I continued with my plan .. I was on my way to the FO and when I was only 1.5 miles away I received an email that said: Recently, procedural action was taken in your case, on September 29 we ordered the creation of your new card. I want to first thank God for making the impossible possible and also thank @ S1smon for creating this forum that serves as a refuge for us and provides us with an invaluable source of information and a room where we can meet and share experiences on this important path for everyone. Thanks to all who did their bit by praying or commenting on their cases. Do not lose faith that everything is still possible and now I am the one who prays for all those who are still waiting for that great blessing. I am very happy and grateful
Great! Congratulations! :)

Great news! Congratulations!

Unbelievable! congrats

Right now, processing of I-797 approval notice and green card production are very quick.
My card will be delivered some time this week.

9/23 approval
9/25 Card was mailed
9/28 tracking number provided for priority mail.
9/28 I-797 notice received by regular mail.
Believe or not, we just received the cards this afternoon on 9/29. It was sent by priority mail and noticed that my local post office got them around noon. I visited the post office to pick up.
Mission complete. Thanks for all. My journey officially ends today.

Here is the updated rosters of last minutes group as of 4PM EDT, 9/29/2020.

Another a couple of applicants got approved this afternoon.
Anything could happen in this last minutes.

Group 1; Bio and Interview completed. Awaiting approval

DET Bio on 8/4, int on 9/4
PIT Bio waived, int on 9/3

Group 2; Bio completed and awaiting IL

None

Group 3; waiting for bio and IL.

HOU bio and INT TBD
LAX bio and INT TBD

Amazing result. Congratulations.

hi all,
I had status - card is being produced and then it changed to the following;
"We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by October 14, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address." What does it mean?

Standard verbiage. Nothing to worry about.

I believe you are talking about A# that you can find on EAD opt card and the i797... They changed my A# too (have a different one on i797 notices related to my AOS). I suppose that's normal...

Congratulations with you green card on hands!!!
Thank you for your reply. That's a huge relief. Just curious, did you officially do any inquiry about that?

Hello everyone, I have been studying this forum during the last months but, having no hope for success, was not brave enough to post anything myself.
Today, almost at the last day of FY, my online account finally changed to:
Case Was Approved
On September 29, 2020, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ...

and I feel an amazing relief and still can’t believe it’s not a dream.
Just in case if this might become helpful for someone in the future DV’s with the similar situation, I have entered CA end of 2018 with B1/B2 visa with no intention to stay, but later (Within next few months and before my permission of stay expired) had to apply for Asylum and was in Pending for Asylum up to now. In May 2019 I discovered that my DV 2020 application has been randomly selected. The European case number was pretty high (34xxx) and after reading all available information regarding my chances to adjust the status, I was almost sure I have none, but still decided to try and do everything from my side. The brief timeline is:
06/01/20-Case number becomes current
07/02/20-AOS package sent to Chicago lockbox
07/06/20-documents received
07/13/20-notice regarding biometrics reuse
08/13/20-IL mailed
09/11/20-interview took place at SJ FO
09/28/20-online status changed to “New card has been produced “
09/29/20-online status changed to “Case was approved”

I am so so grateful to all the wonderful people here who share their experience and to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon. Your activity and support are priceless. You share knowledge and give advices with such a patience! Thank you very much!
I am feeling absolutely happy today and can’t believe this stressful process has come to a happy end

Super happy for you.

Hi everyone,

It is almost 3 a.m. in Colorado and I just got a great news from my wife. Her visa was approved! Cannot believe! In January she will be here with me (hope Trump doesn't win!)... Now it is official the end of my journey with AOS and FTJ processes...

Thank you again @Sm1smom , @Britsimon , @SusieQQQ and all others that shared their experiences!!!
What great news!