• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I spoke with tier 2 representative today and he said he can't see our interview information on the system. According to him, the system shows only the biometrics information, like there wasn't any interview at all. He was clearly surprised that we've been already through the interview and after asking a few details about the interview, he said that he will put a service request for our case.

*Our interview has been done on July 30 at the Newark FO and biometrics were taken on August 3rd at Hackensack ASC.

Dear @Sm1smom, could you please provide any suggestions on this. It looks like the officer at FO hasn't updated our case, but even if it is, shouldn't tier 2 see that our interview has been done?

It really doesn’t matter whether the IL is uploaded into your profile at this point or not. You got the IL, you attended and completed the interview as required. You just need to be patient and wait him/her to complete the review process.

By the way have you confirmed if your KCC file already got sent to your FO? Knowing this may provide further insight on what is happening.

Today, we went to Biometric appointment at Westchester, NY.
Since I have code 2 bio appointment, I printed out the reply from USCIS on code error.
When we started Biometric after scanning the barcode of the appointment, the screen showed Code 3.
Staff took a picture, 10 finger prints and my signature scan.
They said this issue was very common recently and the code 2 would be corrected at USCIS side already.
It took just 10-15 minutes to go through all processes.

Is your number line 85 in the timeline? your full username is not displayed. By the way I noticed that some members changed their usernames but didn't correct it in the timeline sheet. At line 97 I see the username "N/A" but I can't find it as a username in the forum

Hello everyone,
Just share our case and really thanks for this great group, help us so much.

Our case is 2020As21xx
File 485(my husband and I) in October 2019 in Louisiana
Interview on 07/24/2020 ( No notice letter)
And now the system showed
New Card Is Being Produced”
In June 2020, we asked Congressman’s help but nothing he can do. Then in July, my husband called USCIS again to expedite the case. Around two weeks past,on 07/20/2020 both of us got an email from Uscis office in New Orleans, asked us that we can go to interview on 07/24/2020 or not. We’re surprised cause there’s no interview notice letter!
When we arrived at the office, every staff knew we came for interview. They were all very friendly.

After taking a picture and fingerprint, we started to interview. The questions he asked were all about i485, it’s easy and soon finished.

It’s so long but finally we got it.
Thanks again and hope everyone of 2020 AOS can get the results soon.

Congratulations! I hope your card gets mailed soon. By the way I noticed that your info is not on the timeline sheet. Could you please fill it out? thank you :)

It really doesn’t matter whether the IL is uploaded into your profile at this point or not. You got the IL, you attended and completed the interview as required. You just need to be patient and wait him/her to complete the review process.

By the way have you confirmed if your KCC file already got sent to your FO? Knowing this may provide further insight on what is happening.
Yes, we spoke with KCC a few days ago and they said our file has been requested by FO on July 6, which is almost month before our interview.
Thank you very much for your advice. We have waited so long, so we can wait more :)

Hi Sm1smom,
Do you know if “the KCC file sent to FO” is the same as FO requested the visa number for the applicant? I called KCC today and they confirmed that they sent my file to the FO on Aug 6, which is 3 days after bio. Now I’m thinking, does that mean that the FO has requested a visa number, or am I overthinking?

I spoke with tier 2 representative today and he said he can't see our interview information on the system. According to him, the system shows only the biometrics information, like there wasn't any interview at all. He was clearly surprised that we've been already through the interview and after asking a few details about the interview, he said that he will put a service request for our case.

*Our interview has been done on July 30 at the Newark FO and biometrics were taken on August 3rd at Hackensack ASC.

Dear @Sm1smom, could you please provide any suggestions on this. It looks like the officer at FO hasn't updated our case, but even if it is, shouldn't tier 2 see that our interview has been done?
Thanks for the update Lara1!
Hopefully your service request will accelerate all the cases at Newark FO :D

Hi Sm1smom,
Do you know if “the KCC file sent to FO” is the same as FO requested the visa number for the applicant? I called KCC today and they confirmed that they sent my file to the FO on Aug 6, which is 3 days after bio. Now I’m thinking, does that mean that the FO has requested a visa number, or am I overthinking?

KCC case file being sent is not the same thing as the IO requesting a visa number. I described the visa request process a couple of pages back, please search for that post for more details.

Hi @Sm1smom and everyone,

I am still waiting for my EAD card arrival, and have to pause working until it comes;
HOWEVER, I just received G-56 Call in Notice from the FO today that my interview is scheduled on July 21st.

I e-requested for 'case outside normal processing time' early this week and my attorney also followed up with FO and they said to just wait for little more.
I don't know these actions make thing faster or it was coincidence, but It's been 8 months since I filed my documents last year and it was a looooong journey! Thank you very much @Sm1smom and everyone who has advised me for my questions.

I know this is not the end of the journey, but I feel much better now to see the case is moving forward.
Anyone who went to the interview already, please advise any tips.

My question is,
Do I need to do I-693 Medical Examination Report again for this interview?
The attached on the notice says that I need to bring the Form I-693. But I sent the original document when I filed with other documents. And of course that is already more than 6 months ago.
Please let me know, thanks!

Hey @kats kits how are you doing? I see that your interview was on July 21st. How did it go?

Are there other AOSers with your FO listed on the timeline spreadsheet? Are they reporting progress with their cases while yours seem to have stalled? If there not reporting case progress, then maybe you just need to exercise some patience.
Thanks for your advice. I am from Orlando FO. There is only one person in the list showing from Orlando with username BQTO line 82. It seems he/she did his biometric and maybe waiting for an interview (Not sure if the row is updated). However, I cannot find his/her username to talk with him, maybe he/she has changed his username.
BTW, I have also talked with our congresswoman to reach out to the FO a long time ago for my case. Today, someone called from the congresswoman office to do that for us. Do you think it is a good time for me to ask them to start this process or not? I did my second Biometric on August 10 and also confirmed from KCC that my FO has requested my file on July 23.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Is your number line 85 in the timeline? your full username is not displayed. By the way I noticed that some members changed their usernames but didn't correct it in the timeline sheet. At line 97 I see the username "N/A" but I can't find it as a username in the forum
Yes, I am the applicant for line 85 and just fixed it. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for your advice. I am from Orlando FO. There is only one person in the list showing from Orlando with username BQTO line 82. It seems he/she did his biometric and maybe waiting for an interview (Not sure if the row is updated). However, I cannot find his/her username to talk with him, maybe he/she has changed his username.
BTW, I have also talked with our congresswoman to reach out to the FO a long time ago for my case. Today, someone called from the congresswoman office to do that for us. Do you think it is a good time for me to ask them to start this process or not? I did my second Biometric on August 10 and also confirmed from KCC that my FO has requested my file on July 23.
Thanks.

So if someone from your congress person’s office recently called to assist with case follow up, exercise some patience in that case and give them some time to get back to you with the response they receive from your FO.

Hi everyone,

I received my physical Green Card in the mail today. I have updated my timeline on the spreadsheet.

I want to express my sincerest gratitude and appreciation for the help @Sm1smom has provided me and countless others during this process. A couple months ago I was unsure if I would even remain in the US due to the pandemic and life has been quite stressful but getting the GC feels good and I am happy for it.

I also want to thank everyone who have shared their experiences here and have subsequently helped folks like me be more prepared.

For those who are still waiting, I wish you all the best and hopefully you all can get your GCs soon.

Hi everyone,

I received my physical Green Card in the mail today. I have updated my timeline on the spreadsheet.

I want to express my sincerest gratitude and appreciation for the help @Sm1smom has provided me and countless others during this process. A couple months ago I was unsure if I would even remain in the US due to the pandemic and life has been quite stressful but getting the GC feels good and I am happy for it.

I also want to thank everyone who have shared their experiences here and have subsequently helped folks like me be more prepared.

For those who are still waiting, I wish you all the best and hopefully you all can get your GCs soon.

Great news! You can take a deep breath and sigh in relief

[QUOTE = "RezaReza, publicación: 2532817, miembro: 423121"] Gracias por tu consejo. Soy de Orlando FO. Solo hay una persona en la lista que se muestra desde Orlando con el nombre de usuario BQTO en la línea 82. Parece que hizo sus datos biométricos y tal vez esté esperando una entrevista (no estoy seguro si la fila está actualizada). Sin embargo, no puedo encontrar su nombre de usuario para hablar con él, tal vez haya cambiado su nombre de usuario.
Por cierto, también he hablado con nuestra congresista para acercarme al OC hace mucho tiempo para mi caso. Hoy, alguien llamó desde la oficina de la congresista para hacer eso por nosotros. ¿Crees que es un buen momento para que les pida que inicien este proceso o no? Hice mi segundo examen biométrico el 10 de agosto y también confirmé de KCC que mi OC solicitó mi archivo el 23 de julio.
Gracias. [/ QUOTE]
Hola soy bqto

[QUOTE = "RezaReza, publicación: 2532817, miembro: 423121"] Gracias por tu consejo. Soy de Orlando FO. Solo hay una persona en la lista que se muestra desde Orlando con el nombre de usuario BQTO en la línea 82. Parece que hizo sus datos biométricos y tal vez esté esperando una entrevista (no estoy seguro si la fila está actualizada). Sin embargo, no puedo encontrar su nombre de usuario para hablar con él, tal vez haya cambiado su nombre de usuario.
Por cierto, también he hablado con nuestra congresista para acercarme al OC hace mucho tiempo para mi caso. Hoy, alguien llamó desde la oficina de la congresista para hacer eso por nosotros. ¿Crees que es un buen momento para que les pida que inicien este proceso o no? Hice mi segundo examen biométrico el 10 de agosto y también confirmé de KCC que mi OC solicitó mi archivo el 23 de julio.
Gracias. [/ QUOTE]
Hola soy bqto

Hi @Gerald p could you please update your username in the timeline sheet? guys for those of you who changed username please update it in the timeline sheet. Thank you!

Thanks.
Hello everyone,I'm BQTO from Orlando I had my Bio appointment on 07/20, but I have no IL date still, i am waiting.