• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi DV2020AP,

On my e-request I used the date when the case was accepted by USCIS (about 7 days later after it was received in the Chicago Lockbox) You can check my timeline in the spreadsheet.
Thank you very much aar81! Did you explain anything in the Last Action Taken on Case section or just write the last update on the USCIS case status website?

Hi Mom, I am submitting the e-request today. I am sorry in advance but I couldn't find the answer to this question. on the e-request form, section; Date filed, should I write the received date or notice date, stated on NOA? Thank you very much!

Date listed on the NOA is your date filed.

Thank you very much aar81! Did you explain anything in the Last Action Taken on Case section or just write the last update on the USCIS case status website?

DV2020AP,

I wrote a very detailed explanation about when the case was accepted and the last action that was taken on my case. I also wrote how much time have passed between the last action taken and the day I was submitting the e-request (USCIS asks for at least 90 days without receiving any updates from them) Focus on writing your e-request as explicit and clear as possible.

Hope this helps and good luck!

congrats everyone who got their interviews scheduled. that's very exciting news! hope all of you will have wonderful news with your cases being approved shortly after. hopefully soon they will start interviews here in Los Angeles too.

Hello everyone. I just called the USCIS number and got some updates on my case (FO: Los Angeles, I waited 40mins on the call). My case was received by Chicago lockbox in late April. The officer told me that my case was assigned to someone in my FO on July 7th and that person should send me fingerprints mail no later than August 12th. It sounds to me that they're working on it and I feel positive. Hope this piece of info helps someone. Best wishes on all AOSers.
Did you call directly your FO or you called USCIS number? If it's the usual USCIS number, did you get this information from the 2nd level rep?

Did you try putting the request?
I guess it should be at least 6 months.
I think its system works based on Date Filed and filters out those applications that don't date back to at least 6 months ago.
My application date is June 6th as in NOA. So, I believe my only chance to follow up on the case is by writing to my congresswoman. I'll do it at the end of July if nothing comes next week :(

It didn't let me submit the request.
Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time. Further information about recent processing times can be viewed on the uscis.gov webpage.

For all those trying to submit an eRequest, please read the instructions on the website carefully before trying to initiate one. You’ll safe yourself from a disappointing outcome if you do so first. For eRequest based on outside normal processing time, the website says you can send this request IF your case has been pending longer than the processing time posted online, bear in mind the posted processing time does not differentiate for DV based AOS cases, so the system will always consider your case to be within the normal posted processing time.

The website says:
NOTE: We are actively processing your case if, in the past 60 days, you:
  • Received a notice from us about your case,
  • Responded to a request for evidence, O
    Received an online update to your case status.
    If your application type is not listed in the processing time table on our website, our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry
This basically means don’t bother with the eRequest unless your case has been pending for six months or more with no updates.
Outside Normal Processing Time ERequest

Did you call directly your FO or you called USCIS number? If it's the usual USCIS number, did you get this information from the 2nd level rep?
I called the USCIS number and didn't ask to speak to anyone else. So the info was just from the person who answered my call.

For all those trying to submit an eRequest, please read the instructions on the website carefully before trying to initiate one. You’ll safe yourself from a disappointing outcome if you do so first. For eRequest based on outside normal processing time, the website says you can send this request IF your case has been pending longer than the processing time posted online, bear in mind the posted processing time does not differentiate for DV based AOS cases, so the system will always consider your case to be within the normal posted processing time.

The website says:
    If your application type is not listed in the processing time table on our website, our goal is to make a decision on your application within 6 months of filing. Please wait six months before submitting an inquiry
This basically means don’t bother with the eRequest unless your case has been pending for six months or more with no updates.
Since the website itself says that Date Filed is an approximate date can we just put a random date older than 6 months so that our e-Request can go through?

The website says:

@Sm1smom Would appreciate clarification then: your post #3730 dated June 30, 2020 recommended @Denique to initiate e-request. Was it then based on the fact that her last update reportedly was on Dec. 11, 2019? i.e. she could only submit the e-request after June 11, 2020? Does it also mean that those who became current say in June should go straight to the congressional route skipping the e-request (not planning but for future if things get delayed)?

@Sm1smom Would appreciate clarification then: your post #3730 dated June 30, 2020 recommended @Denique to initiate e-request. Was it then based on the fact that her last update reportedly was on Dec. 11, 2019? i.e. she could only submit the e-request after June 11, 2020? Does it also mean that those who became current say in June should go straight to the congressional route skipping the e-request (not planning but for future if things get delayed)?

Your description of my response to @Denique is not accurate. I did not recommend the OP initiate an e-request. OP asked a question on how to follow up on their case, I provided a list of the different ways one could do that. Here’s the actual post in the context of which it was written.

In addition, OP filed back in Nov. 2019, had their interview scheduled and cancelled. So the fact that this OP had filed since Nov 2019 actually made them eligible to initiate an eRequest as a matter of fact. Basically you also maybe able to submit an eRequest if your case has been pending for six months based on filing date. The system will allow you to submit the request, regardless of when your last update was.

Since the website itself says that Date Filed is an approximate date can we just put a random date older than 6 months so that our e-Request can go through?

1. I don’t provide guidance on how to game the system.
2. You seem to have forgotten your post about my guidance being rather dumb, and how you clearly stated you don’t really need my help during this process, and that your questions to me are mere rhetorical questions to which you already know the answers. Post below to refresh your memory:

Let's be honest. Almost all questions I have asked so far were general questions that knowing the answer for them didn't help the situation. In other words, they were just rhetorical questions.
A few while ago when I copied and pasted an excerpt from a USCIS-related source about how DV is processed you immediately removed the post because you don't want people to know how the process really works and want them to be dependant on you. I truly didn't need your help during the process. At one point you even gave me a wrong answer about mailing address section in Form I-485. You said PO BOX addresses are put in section 14 that is so dumb. I am happy I didn't stick with your guidance.

Your description of my response to @Denique is not accurate. I did not recommend the OP initiate an e-request. OP asked a question on how to follow up on their case, I provided a list of the different ways one could do that. Here’s the actual post in the context of which it was written.

In addition, OP filed back in Nov. 2019, had their interview scheduled and cancelled. So the fact that this OP had filed since Nov 2019 actually made them eligible to initiate an eRequest as a matter of fact. Basically you also maybe able to submit an eRequest if your case has been pending for six months based on filing date. The system will allow you to submit the request, regardless of when your last update was.
Got it, it's clear, I must have misread then.

1. I don’t provide guidance on how to game the system.
2. You seem to have forgotten your post about my guidance being rather dumb, and how you clearly stated you don’t really need my help during this process, and that your questions to me are mere rhetorical questions to which you already know the answers. Post below to refresh your memory:
It was a rhetorical question again!
You can't argue with me that I was the first one who figured out the system doesn't allow to put an e-Request if date of file isn't older than 6 months even without trying myself. You kept suggesting people to put an e-Request irrespective of their date of filing. This was me who brought up this fact that putting e-Request isn't allowed by the system.